Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Liberals love to gather and do nothing

Re: Liberals love to gather and do nothing
October 02, 2011, 07:30:50 PM
Ron Paul LOLOLOL

He's much better than the other candidates.

October 02, 2011, 09:07:36 PM
700 of these bozos were arrested for "occupying" the Brooklyn Bridge. gg idiots

October 02, 2011, 09:29:29 PM
I'd really like nothing more than to crush this movement. They are organizing a demonstration in my city next week.

No one has been able to clearly articulate what this organization's goals are or what they plan to do to solve the economic crisis we're facing. Their consensus is the same as all liberalism, and one that this site has pointed out and mocked for decades. Crowd tyranny.

"We, the 99% are going to fight wall street by showing them that we're the majority and have the power to overthrow them."

Maybe, but not without turning this country, this world, and their own lives into an even worse shit-hole than it already is. As fond of a notion as the solution being that simple is, I'm just going to keep going to school, working out, and spending my money on living as spiritually rich of a life as possible with as little excess as possible. My form of activism is one of example. Live a better life, don't kill yourself with alcohol or shitty food, support the arts, and have a goal to aspire to. It sucks that I have to give my money to companies that treat this world like shit, but in my current state, and I'll be honest about this, I'm a nobody. I don't have the power to fix it. Not I, not my friends, not a crowd of 10 million nobodies.

And this is why I despise democratic action in any situation, ever. It leads to directionlessness.

A little idea I've been pondering for a while: The only difference between conquest and rebellion is popularity.

October 02, 2011, 09:32:03 PM
As much as they'd like to think that a revolution is a'brewin', this movement will be resolved in hopeless diplomacy.

October 02, 2011, 11:29:04 PM
Second.

"YEAH! I DID something! I slept on the sidewalk, played hacky-sack and chanted moronic slogans at a building for a few days! Now I can go home, consume garbage and feel good about myself! Fight the power!"

This sums it all up in a nutshell quite nicely.

Good intentions do not necessarily lead to good results. Most of these people aren't aware of that.

October 03, 2011, 01:24:31 PM
And no intentions lead to no results. Do any of these weaklings even have an idea of what they actually hope to accomplish with this - not just a general sense of better life, but specific goals and ways in which to achieve them? Or is it really just huge blobs of disillusioned faggots grouping together to wail about how unhappy they are? Look at me, I'm upset, wah wah wah. This is the sort of thing that makes me think being a riot cop must be one of the best jobs in the world.

October 03, 2011, 04:24:11 PM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/egg/99-the-occupy-wall-street-collaborative-film

Looks like the guys who made Until the Light Takes us are making a collaborative film of this shit.

October 03, 2011, 06:16:46 PM
This reminds me of the plethora of Slutwalks that sprung up across the world and accomplished absolutely nothing. This isn't functionally any different, rather a silly excuse for people to feel like they are practicing their "civic responsibility" so that later on when somebody asks how they have "made a difference", they can cite the event and proclaim altruism. Perfect resume fodder.

October 06, 2011, 12:10:47 AM
Quiet political discussions continued around the sleepers. One woman gave a pep talk to what looked like a new recruit. “It’s about taking down systems, it doesn’t matter what you’re protesting,” she said. “Just protest.”

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/01/police-arresting-protesters-on-brooklyn-bridge/

This is not a movement or an ideology. It is an incoherent rabble of infantile parasites demanding the right to never grow up while you subsidize them for life.

October 06, 2011, 02:24:51 AM
http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/

GUYS JUST DO THESE THINGS AND THE WORLD WILL BE FIXED

October 07, 2011, 07:36:57 AM
Now for a bit of gonzo journalism:

I went to one of these high as fuck on a mixture of poppy petals and cannabis. A desire for change was in the air, but no one seemed to have any idea of an end product. When conversation took place they were hesitant to discuss overpopulation or reversion to the mean and instead directed attention towards global warming and electric cars. Eventually, I ended up going with it long enough to score some dope and head off.

October 07, 2011, 11:27:02 AM
From scourge's link:

Quiet political discussions continued around the sleepers. One woman gave a pep talk to what looked like a new recruit. “It’s about taking down systems, it doesn’t matter what you’re protesting,” she said. “Just protest.”

What a great message. I think I'll join the cause. Whatever that is.

Hey, look! Free bagels!

October 07, 2011, 02:28:09 PM

I went to one of these high as fuck on a mixture of poppy petals and cannabis. A desire for change was in the air, but no one seemed to have any idea of an end product. When conversation took place they were hesitant to discuss overpopulation or reversion to the mean and instead directed attention towards global warming and electric cars. Eventually, I ended up going with it long enough to score some dope and head off.

Bwahahahahaha, masterfully handled.

OVERPOPULATION? What do you mean? There's enough room on this Earth for 100 BILLION of us and if you don't think so you're RACITS!!!!

October 07, 2011, 03:05:44 PM

Well played. Both mainstream conservatives and liberals will never ever acknowledge overpopulation in a realistic manner.