Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Man up

Man up
October 09, 2011, 03:58:49 AM
From the hinterlands:

The dark side of consumerism and democracy is that they are two sides of the same coin. One is voting rights, because you’re equal; the other is the right to behave in any manner you can afford (keep going to that day job, prole) because you’re equal.

What they don’t tell you, however, is that by making yourself reliant upon this external image of yourself — this equal person who can force others to do things, and thus derives meaning from that — you’ve bonded yourself more closely to the mass herd mind than you could in an authoritarian regime.

You’ve done it to yourself. By chasing your own freedom/consumerism, you have made yourself an advocate and agent of the post-totalitarian state. You have become a salesperson for a lifestyle that represents a political decision that now has taken over your brain.

Such is what happened to women. Society literally convinced them to become whores with a quick sleight-of-hand. It went this way: our men are off at war (WWI & WWII) and now you have “freedom” since you have a job and money. That’s the only way you have freedom, selling yourself for money. If you don’t do it, you’re a prude and old conservative fossil.

http://www.groin.com/victimhood/

Here's a hint at where the warlike, realist, pragmatist, nihilist Hessian might go:

First come morning prayers, then breakfast, then Bible stories. After that Andrea Farrier's daughters take out their textbooks. Another school day has begun.

As the girls dig in to their math problems, Farrier contemplates the Republican presidential candidates who are vying for the support of homeschoolers like her.

"They're wooing us. It feels really good," she says.

After decades on the margins of political life, homeschoolers have become some of the most valued Republican foot soldiers in Iowa, where a few thousand activists can wield an outsize influence in the first nominating contest in the 2012 presidential election.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/03/us-usa-campaign-homeschoolers-idUSTRE7925IL20111003?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

Shoving aside the Jesusy stuff for a moment, think about this:

People with real values participate in society to make money, but entirely work around its institutions otherwise.

Rebuild. Recreate. Avoid the false and dead; rebirth.

Re: Man up
October 09, 2011, 10:32:01 AM
Basically get a grip and stop masturbating. Most people here have the potential to do something but no motivation or discipline to actualize it, why is that?

October 09, 2011, 03:12:57 PM
No motivation to halt the decline of the West because it's better to let it die and then start again.  Rome was destroyed - the same should happen to Amerika etc.

October 09, 2011, 03:24:55 PM
Basically get a grip and stop masturbating. Most people here have the potential to do something but no motivation or discipline to actualize it, why is that?

In my observation, it's because this forum tends to be a place for people at a certain stage of intellectual development. Most "do"  very little, and get berated for it (and berate others for it) constantly, because they're not ready. They're at a point where they are synthesizing information; most won't decide how to apply that, and how to be happy doing it, until much later. The type of "quiet warrior" mentality hinted at in the OP is years away for most posters.

October 09, 2011, 06:43:05 PM
The key lesson to take from this is:

Get invested; get responsible, develop a career, find a good woman instead of date-fucking idiots, and rebuild.

And even though many Hessians aren't there yet, it is a set of goals to keep in sight

October 09, 2011, 07:59:17 PM

Get invested; get responsible, develop a career, find a good woman instead of date-fucking idiots, and rebuild.

I fail to see how this makes a man better.

What exactly do you mean by "do something"? I am sure several people here lead productive lives.

By the way, anyone who believes that Republicans value education is a fucking idiot.
Impale the Under-120's!

I've always enjoyed a little male bondage every now and then.
I like missionary because it allows me to watch her face as I strangle her.

October 09, 2011, 11:11:38 PM
Important counterpoint:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/jack-donovan/outtake-fight-or-flight/301613073187183

By the way, anyone who believes that Republicans value education is a fucking idiot.

The left wants education for everyone. The right wants social Darwinism in education, so the best rise and get educated. The two philosophies are incompatible. I think it's clearly time to give up on the public schools here in America; most of the kids cannot do the work necessary to educate them for the roles an education provides. The schools have dumbed down the material as a result and become giant daycare centers. Homeschool your kids.

October 10, 2011, 01:12:29 AM

The left wants education for everyone. The right wants social Darwinism in education, so the best rise and get educated. The two philosophies are incompatible. I think it's clearly time to give up on the public schools here in America; most of the kids cannot do the work necessary to educate them for the roles an education provides. The schools have dumbed down the material as a result and become giant daycare centers. Homeschool your kids.

Why was it a Republican who passed off No Child Left Behind? Why don't Republicans put social Darwinism in education into their political mantras, just as Democrats put universal education into their political philosophy? Why are the Libertarians the only ones who, generally, despise the compulsory education laws? Why was it a Republican who created the Department of Education? Why have many Republicans -- for the last 25 years or so -- been ardent supporters of teaching pseudo-scientific bullshit like Intelligent Design in schools?

Republicans are hardly better than Democrats. Neither of them are willing to sacrifice their over-simplified views to build a better, healthier society. The left-right schism is programmed into our heads for a purpose: it makes us dogmatic and therefore susceptible to have faith in our leaders, who are generally no better than the common man.
Impale the Under-120's!

October 10, 2011, 02:07:30 AM
The left-right schism is programmed into our heads for a purpose: it makes us dogmatic and therefore susceptible to have faith in our leaders, who are generally no better than the common man.

Doesn't compute. The left and the right are clearly different philosophies. Whether our politicians uphold that or not is another question.

Left: universal equality, effect before cause
Right: evolution, cause before effect

October 10, 2011, 02:51:34 AM
Whether our politicians uphold that or not is another question.

Exactly. They don't. Therefore, Republicans are hardly any better than Democrats. After all, the politicians are just mere products of modern democratic convention, and as a result, the left-right paradigm is convoluted. The left-right philosophy matters much less than appeasing the crowd. As you know, the American public elects leaders on the basis of whoever promises the most prosperity. The philosophy is packaged with the pandering, but the pandering comes first. Not to mention, the Republican masturbation when it comes to business is facile -- riches do not equate to building true value in a society. It is true that wealth is a means to an end. When society acquires more of it, it gains increasingly more power to improve its standards. However, Republicans nor Democrats will admit that our wealth is of subjective value. Rather, both parties come to the conclusion that wealth acquisition is of the highest moral. After all, this is the only thing on which Americans, far and wide, will agree. Neither party purveys higher standards than sensuality, individuality, and hypocrisy, because they fail to admit wealth's subjective value. As a result, in no way can either construct a society based on social Darwinism.

Right: evolution, cause before effect

Mainstream conservatives (most of the American right) reject evolution. At the very least, they believe Intelligent Design is either as pertinent or the missing link to evolution.

tl;dr -- Both of America's political parties are writhed with under-120's.
Impale the Under-120's!

October 10, 2011, 03:18:06 AM
The popular politics of modern Republicans aren't the best representatives of the right as defined by these terms. Regardless, their general direction is more in line with certain preferences that this site seems to have. Hence the term, "New Right".

As a result, in no way can either construct a society based on social Darwinism.

Choosing neither side of the fence seems like a slippery step towards inaction.

October 10, 2011, 03:30:22 AM
Choosing neither side of the fence seems like a slippery step towards inaction.

I disagree. I believe that establishing a political foundation that is intermixed with horrible ideas (those from mainstream Democrats, Republicans, and Marxists) will only prolong an inevitable catastrophe.
Impale the Under-120's!

October 10, 2011, 03:46:09 AM
I disagree. I believe that establishing a political foundation that is intermixed with horrible ideas (those from mainstream Democrats, Republicans, and Marxists) will only prolong an inevitable catastrophe .

I guess this just comes down to the question raised by your "Action or No Action" thread: should we try to repair our current nation or assist it's downfall?

What I've come to realize is that fostering healthy values is the priority and the best way to keep them alive is by fostering their growth.

Why not focus on purging our nation of these "horrible ideas" instead of hording off all the "good ideas"? Are they not strong enough to be crippled by modern society? Perhaps this is a more personal question, as it certainly takes a lot of spiritual work to train yourself to resist said crippling. I'd say that I don't often succeed in these regard. but I'm fairly convinced that the fault lies in my inability and not in the hopelessness of the situation.

October 14, 2011, 03:16:18 AM
I guess this just comes down to the question raised by your "Action or No Action" thread: should we try to repair our current nation or assist it's downfall?
Are you absolutely sure we must choose between the two? Why not assist our empires downfall while preserving national identity, culture, and honor to the best of our ability? All civilizations collapse, but not neccesarily in the same way.

October 14, 2011, 05:33:15 AM
Are you absolutely sure we must choose between the two? Why not assist our empires downfall while preserving national identity, culture, and honor to the best of our ability? All civilizations collapse, but not neccesarily in the same way.

I guess I should have said "empire" instead of "nation", poor word choice on my part.

I agree that a national identity is worth preserving. I just have a hard time determining whether it's better to rebuild within or outside the institutions of our current empire. Any sort of rebuilding effort must be in some way dependent on the preexisting empire, but as Spectrum pointed out, meddling with certain institutions might just be a waste of time.