Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

A dry brain

A dry brain
October 12, 2011, 06:58:36 PM
I feel like my mind is blank too much of the time. Clear on the surface but vacuous.  It's like my mind doesn't have thought patterns to keep returning to to stay in tune -- at least I think that's how thoughtful people operate.

Not being in school at the time is part of this but even still, I fell as though there's a serious lack of brain exercise in my life. I try to read at least an hour a day, but this doesn't automatically keep my brain stimulated when I'm doing menial chores and such. 

What goes on in the mind of an ANUSite throughout the course of the day? Any tips on staying mentally active? How does one overcome the banality of day-today living?

Re: A dry brain
October 12, 2011, 07:18:46 PM
PLEASE HELP ME ANUS DOT COM, I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOUT!!!

October 12, 2011, 07:30:13 PM
Haha. It's quite daunting, really. There's an infinity of things to think about but only some things are worthwhile. Or perhaps the only worthwhile thoughts aren't about things... Is it possible to think about nothing, not as in not thinking, but thinking about no thing? Meh.

I wasn't really asking "WAT DO I THIKN????" so much as I was asking how to stay mentally active.

What did you think about today, lord spam? I thought about sex and drugs, but also about how I need to know my strengths and weaknesses better, and how true humility isn't dumbing oneself down or hiding one's talents but knowing your shortcomings.

October 13, 2011, 06:03:49 AM
Things I think about in an average day are what I'm doing right now, what I'm planning for right now, and, from time to time, what I can learn from back then.  If I'm not doing, and merely thinking, then I'll likely choose something interesting to think about (Philosophy, Music, Poetry, Religion, Fishing, Occultism, any such topic).

October 13, 2011, 01:30:01 PM
I feel like my mind is blank too much of the time. Clear on the surface but vacuous.  It's like my mind doesn't have thought patterns to keep returning to to stay in tune -- at least I think that's how thoughtful people operate.

Not being in school at the time is part of this
Go back to school, maybe?

Graduate school is generally a good idea, if you can handle it (which I assume you can).