Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian Meetings

Hessian Meetings
July 19, 2006, 07:47:55 PM
Hessian Meetings

Nothing will change without real activity. Many of us are disillusioned with they society that surrounds us: we want to break free of our ties to normality and meet like minded people. Meetings should provide a relaxed atmosphere for socialization. Discussion of common interests beyond metal music is encouraged, such as philosophy or science. Hessians tend to have a good sense of humour and meetings will not be an exception, keeping morale high is as important as the meeting itself. However, the sole agenda for the meeting should not be to meet up in order to joke around, get drunk or smoke weed - once the serious business has concluded then you can resume recreational activities. Socialization is encouraged, humour is encourage but it is of high importance that the serious business of the meeting is dealt with in the correct manner. We need activity.

Before a meeting can begin each member should communicate with the meeting leader. Communication and organization lead to activity. Meetings will primarily be organized over the internet. Phone calls may be possible and can be used when necessary.

Overview

1. Ice-breaker : Introductions - necessary for the first meeting and any further meeting when new members are attending.

2. Agenda : The organizer should provide a list of topics that need to be discussed. It is important not to lose track of why the meeting exists in the first place. A list of possible activities should be created during the agenda section of the meeting.

3. Discussion : Proposed activity should be analysed, ideas should be refined so that more activity can follow. Refine ideas that are highly plausible; ideas that are only remotely possible may be worthwhile goals but less tangible ideas should ideally be left out of the meeting. Afterall we have the internet for communication.

3.1 Discuss the image of metal in the local area and how that relates to the state / country: improving the local metal scene and encouraging others to attend Hessian meetings.

3.2 Discuss ideas for media attention. Get names / events into the local or national newspaper / news websites.

3.3 Discuss non-metal activities that would be beneficial to the Hessian name and enjoyable for the Hessian members.

4. Action : Act upon the ideas.

5. Socialization : The ideal time to discuss interests outside of metal. Perhaps attend a local metal gig.

Re: Hessian Meetings
July 19, 2006, 07:52:24 PM
That's my overview of Hessian meetings. You are thinking that this is a lot of talk and ideas without anything actually happening.

I have minutes from a recent Hessian meeting in Texas:
Texas June 2006

There are also plans for a UK Hessian meeting in September. So far there are 4 prospective attendees, details are being worked out.

And I'm hopeful (if nothing else) about California, Texas and NY/NJ area. Possibly Florida and Sweden too.

I'm taking details for now, email / private message me if you are interested. Can you also send me a note of your email address.

This is going to work something like this:
1) Send contact (email address) details to me (via pm / email)
 1.1) It might be a good idea to post here and show      interest, also give an indication to your area or      possible areas. If you live in say Wisconsin but could make it to an Illinois meeting then say so.

1.2) Additionally, it might be helpful to create a myspace account. Searching for others in the same location is easier. Add the Hessian myspace account and then browse the 'friends'.

2) Once I have collected details, I'm going to share details of those people in the same area. If we have 3 people in (say) Ohio, then I'll send out the email addresses of the other two.

2.1) If someone has messaged the Hessian account then I will point them in the direction of other people in their area.

3) Once you have the details of the other people, you need to message them. Someone should nominate themself as the host and organizer. If someone does not take charge then nothing will be done - I'm organizing for the UK, as I live here so I can't realistically organize anything with the US.

Note:
For new people to this forum or those with a low post count that are interested in meetings can I suggest that you increase your activity on the forums. It is the easiest way to gauge personality / dedication.

(edited/updated)

July 20, 2006, 12:03:34 AM
And I'm hopefully (if nothing else) about California, Texas and NY/NJ area.

I'm in for Texas :)

July 20, 2006, 02:33:04 AM
well i doubt ill ever attend any (mainly coz i live at the bottom of the world with a very small population)

July 20, 2006, 04:35:41 AM
well i doubt ill ever attend any (mainly coz i live at the bottom of the world with a very small population)

Antarctica??  ;)

July 20, 2006, 05:59:17 AM
close enough, i live in new zealand, the enitre country has a population of 4 million and most of thsoe are asians who have immigrated here

July 20, 2006, 01:22:09 PM
I've modified the second post to be more informative. Some of you may want to re-read it before messaging me.

close enough, i live in new zealand, the enitre country has a population of 4 million and most of thsoe are asians who have immigrated here

Any chance of meeting other metalheads at all? Maybe if you meet some smart metalheads you could persaude them to look at hessian.org etc. I rekon it could be possibly, might take a bit of work on your part. Or perhaps it would be possible for you to meet people in Australia? Bigger population over there at least.

July 20, 2006, 01:35:21 PM
close enough, i live in new xealand, the enitre country has a population of 4 million and most of thsoe are asians who have immigrated here

Beautiful country you are from.

On the bright side of all this, you are quite far from plastic garbage and morons.

July 20, 2006, 04:30:40 PM
What to do?

I can already see where a gathering of 4 or 5 people might go and it may tend to gravitate toward the entertainment phase, following some discussion that resembles online forum chat. How to promote and cement Hessians as culture is a little difficult to conceive right now, with flyering and interpersonal networking at shows seeming most realistic. Beyond introductions are some intermediary options that can become part of a group effort.

1) Attend and collaborate in art, music and philosophy courses at a local campus
2) Form a band with knowledge gained from step one
3) Put together a small recording studio and jam session space

For number 3 there are small arts, crafts, and machine shops in what are called industrial parks in a lot of cities. You would probably have to pay electric in addition to rented space costs each month.

Q: is Gay Christ for neoclassical and old metal trading only or will new demo recordings and full albums get distributed?

July 20, 2006, 04:40:44 PM
Those three steps take money investment. Some meetings can include topics about saving, car pool, resource conservation, self-sufficiency, supporting local rather than international business, or anything related to redistributing cash into the group effort rather than out into our moronic plastic consumer culture.

July 21, 2006, 12:27:16 AM
I'd most definitely be interested in the possible Florida meeting.

July 21, 2006, 04:34:52 PM
Content on the way this weekend

http://www.myspace.com/hessianscentralflorida

July 23, 2006, 04:00:10 AM
well i think small Hessian meetings (because it sounds like your talking about 4-5 people) would be very easy, after all most of your mates probably share the same interest in music and philosophy. but we just need to make Hessians to be respected as an actual culture not just an extension of the millions of dopey teens who listen to pantera

July 24, 2006, 02:10:48 AM
Stage quality control protests outside of Pantera and all other nu-metal shows.

http://www.anus.com/etc/humanism/

prodigy666

July 25, 2006, 04:21:05 PM
Anyone from st.louis, MO ?  I need someone to join my pryomania.   Contact me soon.