Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hipster Metal

Re: Hipster Metal
May 09, 2012, 02:08:58 AM
where is the balls of some people to stick up for what you believe?

Believe in what, exactly? I'm sorry but "Yeaaaaah, fuckin' metaaalll! \m/_ ( > . < ) _\m/  *growling noises* UUUUUURRRRRGH *metal claw gesture*" is not a belief system.

Nightspirit, I'll get back to you a bit later.

Sadly you just proved the point as you just casually brushed it off.

I would and probably  those here as well, would like to know what you stand for and what your life has taught you, because dude, in my world, unless you tell me that you are physically.mentally, and spiritually strong, I believe you can not understand the pain and suffering that many endure. My life has taught me to be strong and to look deeper in most things that others may not have done.

I do not believe in "fuck yeah metal". I believe in the creativity it takes, the artistry, the spirit of not compromising. The "metal claw" is actually taken from my country as the cornuto dispelling "malocchio" the evil eye.

There is so much more to metal then you can believe or imagine, and because you dispel it does not make it less so. You yourself would really have to have balls to say that to someone IN PERSON.  I mean this in a humble manner because if you walked to some one and said"hey dude metal is shit and so is the belief in it" NECKS could be snapped in an instant if you do not take measure in who you say that to. It is a fair warning

Yes, I had a couple of fantastic beers tonight so I am a little brave, but sincerely  I speak  from my heart and mind. Be careful what you do and say because I seen death handed out too easy over the littlest of things, my friend.

May 10, 2012, 01:42:53 AM
I think Hipster Metal is an unfortunate myopia. If the launching pad was built well with selective abstract musical academics (Neurosis, Amebix, and Burzum really), then the aircraft was built with things sold at Walmart (WITTR, Liturgy, Krallice, Woe), not cool second generation thrift store clothing (Cruciamentum, Disma, Winterwolf) and certainly not made from bare materials (Spite Extreme Wing, Funeral Mist, Daath Shadow, Bahimiron, [insert X number of latter-day Black Metal bands that DARED to do that "oh-so" incredibly difficult thing and to make some original]).

Enough with the citations. Hipsters only know how to do one thing and that is shift per-existing disciplines a couple dozen calibers lower and then use groupthink to dress the up their darlings as revolutionaries. That is Hipster Metal.

May 14, 2012, 01:45:27 AM
I've never given Funeral Mist much of a listen, but my general impression from the circles is that they are completely redundant.

June 02, 2012, 06:02:12 PM
When teenagers didn't reminisce about "the good old days".

When your most acceptable local friend donned a Panzer Division Marduk sleeveless with a sense of accomplishment, and nothing you could say would persuade their opinion.

You tried to persuade your friend that his entertainment, which only slightly differs from your entertainment, is bad? Wow, what a douchebag. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Herein lies why your antagonism falls on deaf ears. Panzer Division Marduk IS entertainment. In fact, that album particularly has market slapped all over it. Pointless one direction tremolo riffs that sound cool, scary vocal distortion and tape sped drums. Nearly an entire generation of norsecore bands used that cheat-code system to move tons of merch. Something Swedish like Sigrblot however is a dense craft, and they actually share a member with the current incarnation of Marduk.

Art needs something more than just BlackMetal Pop, like PDM. For something fast, melodic, fearsome and Swedish, Niden Div. 187 is a much better choice for the Black Metal enthusiast.

Cool thing about the DLA is that there are still probably 20-30 albums that I've only listened to once or twice or even not at all.  Niden Div fell in that category and upon re-listening is better than I remember.  There's still a lot of discovery and re-discovery left to do.

June 14, 2012, 12:49:21 AM
Hipster/Indie Metal is still better and more innovative than your average run of the mill melodic black or melodic death.

I'd rather listen to WITTR and Leviathan than Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth. (And you're 100 times more likely to find the later than the former at a mall/walmart.

June 14, 2012, 02:05:55 AM
Hipster/Indie Metal is still better and more innovative than your average run of the mill melodic black or melodic death.

Pfff......
Quote from: Endless
I find most metalheads to be awful because they usually only listen to shitty music or ONLY listen to HEAVY-THRASH-DEATH-DOOM-BLACK-GRINDCORE metal. Some of the stupider metalheads won't be caught dead listening to classical.

Pfff........

ENDLESS (you are pathetic).

June 14, 2012, 02:57:23 AM

I'd rather listen to WITTR and Leviathan than Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth. (And you're 100 times more likely to find the later than the former at a mall/walmart.

"And The Forests Dream Eternally" and "From the Pagan Vastlands" by Behemoth are better than ANYTHING by WITTR or Leviathan. Do your research before making ridiculous claims.

June 14, 2012, 12:39:18 PM

Whereas the word here is lacking, the spirit is not; I understand your stance. There is a distinct involvement with the "artistry" of making and listening to underground music, and this is where hipsters involved in Black Metal get it right. The popularity of the sound however hives and hives and suddenly there's a groupthink of alien presence everywhere and metal-culture potentially shifts into a drastically unknown form. I think that's the main problem that most Hessians foresee happening. Something akin to the Cradle of Filth/ Dimmu Borgir phenomenon and the worldwide boycott seen during their popularity heights. Thankfully the hipster wave of BM is dying slowly. I'll be more content when the indie presence is no longer a commonality of east-coast America. In that way it will exist as a fragment of nearly forgotten history, like the plethora of strange and backwards mystery cults that arose in Rome. Thus they could be appreciated ONLY for their identity as a simple semi-failed exercise in the blending of colors.

June 15, 2012, 03:20:38 AM
In the end I find it better to just ignore and forget that indie black metal OR pop black metal even exists. I can't think of anyone in real life who even listens to black metal (none of my metalhead friends)...

The only place I even hear about WITTR are from those on the DLA complaining about it. However I don't think hipster black metal will ever reach Dimmu stasis. I agree that it's on its way out; glam metal died, nu metal died, it's a matter of time until most other useless metal/rock combinations die too.