Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Burzum - From the Depths of Darkness

Burzum - From the Depths of Darkness
October 21, 2011, 02:32:54 PM
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Burzum/From_the_Depths_of_Darkness/319197

http://www.burzum.com/eng/discography/compilations/2011_from_the_depths_of_darkness.shtml

Just when the state of Burzum could not get any more depressing Varg has gone and pulleda  George Lucas on us re-recording classic tracks 'the way they were meant to sound'. To be released late November.

The Coming (introduction)
Feeble Screams from Forests unknown
Sassu Wunnu (introduction)
Ea. Lord of the Depths
Spell of Destruction
A lost forgotten sad Spirit
My Journey to the Stars
Call of the Siren (introduction)
Key to the Gate
Turn the Sign of the Microcosm (Snu Mikrokosmos' Tegn)
Channeling the Power of Minds into a new God
In a state of permanent Abyss

Re: Burzum - From the Depths of Darkness
October 22, 2011, 12:55:54 AM
I knew this would happen. Most don't expect much and a few idiots will kid themselves into thinking it's better than the original, while curiousity alone is what makes it sell.

October 22, 2011, 05:33:08 PM
Channeling the Power of Minds into a new God

That sounds like something I'll come up with when intoxicated with lack of sleep / jenkem.

My prediction is he will prove us all wrong and it will be super awesome.
I was raped as a child many times, but I eventually grew to like it.

October 26, 2011, 12:20:12 AM
What's depressing or unusual in Varg, once out of jail, besides recording new albums, re-recording old tracks and releasing a compilation? Had anyone expected anything different, seriously?

October 26, 2011, 10:50:25 AM
I did hold a (probably irrational) hope that he'd record something of worth at least, even if it did not match up to pre-prison Burzum. By now I've learned not to get my hopes up though. But just because one's learnt not to expect so much it does not mean it's any less depressing; especially in light of other once great bands, now failures.

October 26, 2011, 05:35:47 PM
What's depressing or unusual in Varg, once out of jail, besides recording new albums, re-recording old tracks and releasing a compilation? Had anyone expected anything different, seriously?

As We Hope You Die suggested it has to do with the quality of his post-prison works. They are product instead of art. If the re-recordings are done in the new style then Varg will be taking an even bigger shit on his own legacy than he did with Belus. First bragging about how crappy the recording conditions were when he recorded his early and most revered works. And now feeling the need to re-record them "the way they were meant to sound"?

October 27, 2011, 02:09:08 AM
I don't mind re-recordings at all (or cover songs for that matter). It's always interesting to listen to old classics in a different light (Suffocation's re-recordings of Breeding The Spawn tracks).

Post jail Burzum is failure, so at this point, this is about the nicest thing he can pull off (unless he started writing ambient again).

October 28, 2011, 04:01:48 AM
IM pretty excited to hear it. I love a good amount of those tracks and would love to hear them in a different light.  I wont be buying this though. That's what youtube is for.

October 28, 2011, 04:47:57 PM
leaked song is awesome

Nice troll.

Apart from the dumbass circus music intro, a pretty decent cover. The keyboards aren't too over the top.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

October 28, 2011, 04:59:51 PM
leaked song is awesome

Nice troll.

Apart from the dumbass circus music intro, a pretty decent cover. The keyboards aren't too over the top.

Glad you liked it, that's what we willl have. Goofy post-jail Burzum instrumental + slavic post-jail sound. It's like hearing a good old classic under a different light.

October 30, 2011, 09:34:50 AM
These re-releases are vastly preferable to any new output. It's the most honest way of rehashing past glory I can think of.

October 30, 2011, 01:19:42 PM
A better way would be to not bother recording anything new at all and make Burzum into a live band. But as Varg is about as likely to do that as...something really unlikely, I think it's best to leave it well alone.

It's a good ploy on his part to make some more money however because many fans simply won't be able to resist getting hold of this for simple curiosity. But as someone else mentioned, there's always youtube for the more cautiously curious.

November 09, 2011, 04:29:47 PM
Samples sound like a good cover band with a crap vocalist.