Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Of Lord Satan's Mysteries

Of Lord Satan's Mysteries
November 01, 2011, 09:43:00 PM
Interesting recording, if it's for real. It's Mayhem in a less finalized state, meaning that it's still a mix of primitive grindcore-like underground metal (think Necrovore and Repulsion in a blender) and leftover heavy metal elements. Some parts seem particularly inspired by early Morbid Angel as well. It's a shambles, without the unifying focus on rhythm that made the final result so beautiful; rhythms tend to be very basic and as a result stilted and jerky. Screams are great, of course, and it's fun to watch a masterpiece evolving, but we're seeing how the later influences of Vag and Hellhammer may have helped shape this from an awkward, boxy first attempt into a masterpiece.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3CBU13A0

-I- YOU CANNOT LOVE GOD WITHOUT LOVING SATAN -I-
              -I- HEED THE DARK MASTER'S CALL -I-

Re: Of Lord Satan's Mysteries
November 01, 2011, 11:12:11 PM
It's another bootleg version of the 'Out from the Dark' LP.

Some tracks are great versions with Dead on vocals, the version of 'Freezing Moon' is definitely worth hearing if you're Mayhem fan. It has far more passion than the well known studio version with Dead although the sound quality is worse on the rehearsal. On other tracks the vocals are far from perfect and it seems like he's still figuring a way to make them fit the music better, 'Buried By Time And Dust' is a good example of this. But if you compare 'Buried' with the version that's on 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' you'll hear how it didn't take much alteration from Attila to make them fit the track perfectly.

I'd stick with the 'Out from the Dark' LP, it has way better sound quality and isn't extremely rare. 1800 copies exist of it (minus the damaged ones) so there's a chance of finding it somewhere.