Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS: The Movie

ANUS: The Movie
November 20, 2011, 01:17:29 AM
ANUS: The Movie (At the time of release, renamed, Rampage in America due to the lewd title.)

Scene from the movie: Revenge at Starbucks

Central Theme: For generation upon generation, homo-sapians have conducted a moribund symphony, who continues to thrust its tasteless music into the supple rectum of mother Earth. In order to delay the day in which Earth will eventually retaliate against her aggressors, a lone hero decides that he shall rise above his ape-like brethren and combat humankind's true enemy: The proles who mindlessly destroy their children's futures.

This is the movie who inspired our Norwegian hero, Anders Behring Breivik, to achieve the world's greatest shooting spree (also known as "killing spree" to video game fans). To this day, Breivik's high score of 77 kills is higher than that of Bill Williamson from Anus: The Movie, whom Breivik praises in his manifesto as "an iconic motivator". This commendation leads experts to believe that if Rampage/ANUS: The Movie had never been released, then a few more liberal shits would have survived on the day of Breivik's Utřya Ultrakill/Oslo Jihad.
Impale the Under-120's!

I've always enjoyed a little male bondage every now and then.
I like missionary because it allows me to watch her face as I strangle her.

Re: ANUS: The Movie
November 20, 2011, 07:01:03 AM
Currently watching this.  Apart from the short hair and non-black clothing, this guy is exactly like some of my friends (six minutes in): fit, intelligent, angry, and screwing around with his parents.

Edit: interesting film.  The only problem with it is that he's painted to be some kind of psychopath, whereas most of his decisions are pretty reasonable.

November 20, 2011, 11:25:05 AM

Edit: interesting film.  The only problem with it is that he's painted to be some kind of psychopath, whereas most of his decisions are pretty reasonable.

True, but I think that is a tactic employed by the film-makers. At first, he seems a bit crazy, but you realize more and more that he isn't so different from the general population psychologically. Only, he is more rational.

Basically, it's the conversion factor used so that "normal people" realize that his logic is sound as the movie progresses.
Impale the Under-120's!

November 20, 2011, 03:57:28 PM
Basically, it's the conversion factor used so that "normal people" realize that his logic is sound as the movie progresses.
Eh, maybe. Sometimes. This was certainly the case in Falling Down, which suggested we're all one bad day away from just tearing all the worthless shit down - but shoots itself in the foot by then suggesting that it takes insanity to be fed up with it in the first place. Then you have something like American History X, where Ed Norton's dad is used to show how ANY amount of racist thought, even when it's rational, is UNACCEPTABLE and EVIL. In both cases the "moral of the story" is that we should all be more docile and easy-going because being mean is bad. Uwe Boll has made quite a few terrible movies that shy away from being so bad that they're good, but at least he doesn't opt for the emotionally-wrought politically-correct grandstanding that just about every other filmmaker seems to believe is his divine duty. I'll watch this movie soon, though. The youtube clips have me hooked, though I can't stand the filming style. Maybe he should just stick to making movies based on ideas that don't come from videogames, because I like what I've seen of this one so far - the salon scene was both hilarious and insightful.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

November 20, 2011, 08:53:23 PM
Omg I can't believe he shoots his hunting buddy at the end and frames him for the murders and then goes back to having a normal middle class life again with his parents.

What an insightful movie... *coughs*

November 20, 2011, 08:59:43 PM
Eh, maybe. Sometimes. This was certainly the case in Falling Down, which suggested we're all one bad day away from just tearing all the worthless shit down - but shoots itself in the foot by then suggesting that it takes insanity to be fed up with it in the first place. Then you have something like American History X, where Ed Norton's dad is used to show how ANY amount of racist thought, even when it's rational, is UNACCEPTABLE and EVIL. In both cases the "moral of the story" is that we should all be more docile and easy-going because being mean is bad. Uwe Boll has made quite a few terrible movies that shy away from being so bad that they're good, but at least he doesn't opt for the emotionally-wrought politically-correct grandstanding that just about every other filmmaker seems to believe is his divine duty. I'll watch this movie soon, though. The youtube clips have me hooked, though I can't stand the filming style. Maybe he should just stick to making movies based on ideas that don't come from videogames, because I like what I've seen of this one so far - the salon scene was both hilarious and insightful.

Indeed. Uwe Boll's movies suck, except for this one. It's not a 10/10, but it is worth the watch, for sure.

then goes back to having a normal middle class life again with his parents.

No, he didn't. You aren't very insightful yourself, are you?
Impale the Under-120's!

November 20, 2011, 10:00:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gDJMWh-YGg

Oh yeah, and he has a pile of money that he stole somehow! Sorry I forgot about that part, that's really the part that makes this movie worth watching.

But then again, I've seen nicer things drop out of a dog's asshole.

November 21, 2011, 12:33:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gDJMWh-YGg

Oh yeah, and he has a pile of money that he stole somehow! Sorry I forgot about that part, that's really the part that makes this movie worth watching.

But then again, I've seen nicer things drop out of a dog's asshole.

Not "somehow".... I don't think you really watched the movie.

By the way, we all get the point. You don't like the movie. That isn't stopping anyone from watching it.
Impale the Under-120's!

November 21, 2011, 02:13:32 AM
Well it definitely touches on a quite a few touchy ANUS subjects. I would say that it succeeds in presenting them as rational enough to not be simply dismissed by "oh he's just crazy" analyses. It even ends with him making an alluring promise that I suppose many may desire: "Making more room, for you".

Pretty poorly done in many ways, but I've found that stale characters / environments sometimes make for an appropriately disturbing atmosphere.

November 21, 2011, 10:12:13 AM
If I were to do a good version of this film, I'd definitely make sure that all of the people who were shot were "cardboard" characters, with little to no personality.  I'd give the shooter all of the character development/exposition, so as to make the point: "he's human, and represents you; they're carbon copies of everyone else, and must die".  I go through my life thinking that every "average" person I meet is exactly like every other "average" person that I meet, so I'd represent that in a film like this.

November 21, 2011, 04:16:40 PM
If I were to do a good version of this film, I'd definitely make sure that all of the people who were shot were "cardboard" characters, with little to no personality.  I'd give the shooter all of the character development/exposition, so as to make the point: "he's human, and represents you; they're carbon copies of everyone else, and must die".  I go through my life thinking that every "average" person I meet is exactly like every other "average" person that I meet, so I'd represent that in a film like this.

I understand this. How would you present this theme, personally?
Impale the Under-120's!

November 21, 2011, 07:10:16 PM
While the "everybody is stupid but me, therefore must die" idea is an ANUS-theme, I'm pretty sure it's been established that events where a single person who shoots a bunch of people like Matti Saari or Anders Breivik, are more symptoms of a failing society, not a heroic and logical act that act as examples of extraordinary people standing up against vapid proles.

November 21, 2011, 11:12:25 PM
It depends on how critically society is wounded by their actions, whether such people are hailed as heroes or put away as whackjobs.  Same with terrorists/freedom fighters, invaders/liberators, and rebels in general.

I understand this. How would you present this theme, personally?

Have the protagonist be highly qualified (good academic career, maybe just starting out at a good/interesting job), emotionally stable (clips at the beginning of him playing with/taking care of younger siblings, good relationship with parents, chilling with friends, nice girlfriend, etc.), but just too goddamn intelligent to bear the inanity which surrounds him and his family (morons on train, morons behind tills, morons in police/government?).  Have the bullshit be ten times as concentrated as it really is (i.e. his whole day is constantly fucked up by other people's inadequacies).  I'd probably set it in London, and he'd probably just go to Peckham or some shithole and massacre chavs.  Oh, and I'd have to have a cameo appearence for about two seconds in a bar/pub.

December 03, 2011, 05:19:53 PM
No fucking way.

Splice together Repo Man, Idiocracy and Apocalypse Now, then have it modulate into Brasil and Terminator before fading out into The Scarlet Pimpernel and Pride and Prejudice.

That's the ANUS movie.