Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Most European-Americans are probably not aristocrats

Would this not stand to reason for the simple fact that if your family was doing well in the old world, you would have no reason to immigrate?  We Americans are descended from rednecks, not aristocrats.

Or the bravest?

There's also an argument for Americans being second/third born. After the first-born is given inheritance and rights to the family-business, later sons who sought full status were butting their head against a ceiling unless the elder died. Those who wanted more went on conquest/adventure to seek their fortune.

Australia is just a bunch of criminals though ;-)

Rednecks or not, we beat the Europeans at their own game.

Europeans are the sorest losers in the world, hence why they just can't help but to constantly talk shit about us. They can't handle their failure. When was the last time an American created a thread like this directed at Europeans? We have nothing to prove.

If you like Death Metal, you like an American art form. You can argue about who invented Metal all day long, it's indisputable that California's POSSESSED created Death Metal.

If you like Hardcore Punk, you like an American art form. It is indisputable that New York's THE RAMONES created Punk, if not, then Michigan's IGGY POP.

Hail the New World, hail General Washington, hail the United States! I'd hail the inevitable death of euroscum but it has already occurred!

REBEL LANDS WILL RISE AGAIN

(Also hail Australia, they are not criminals, in my experience they are largely more noble than the englishman. Keep fighting the good fight, Australians. Sever ties to britain!)

(Also hail Australia, they are not criminals, in my experience they are largely more noble than the englishman. Keep fighting the good fight, Australians. Sever ties to britain!)

I wish I could agree with you on this.

Haha, the bloody Commonwealth is one of the few decent collections of nations in the world.

Also,

The English, the English,
The English are best.
I wouldn't give tuppence
For all of the rest.

Would this not stand to reason for the simple fact that if your family was doing well in the old world, you would have no reason to immigrate?  We Americans are descended from rednecks, not aristocrats.

The people who moved to the new world out of free will were mostly people who sought religious and philosophical freedom. They didn't teach you that in school?

Rednecks or not, we beat the Europeans at their own game.

Europeans are the sorest losers in the world, hence why they just can't help but to constantly talk shit about us. They can't handle their failure. When was the last time an American created a thread like this directed at Europeans? We have nothing to prove.

If you like Death Metal, you like an American art form. You can argue about who invented Metal all day long, it's indisputable that California's POSSESSED created Death Metal.

If you like Hardcore Punk, you like an American art form. It is indisputable that New York's THE RAMONES created Punk, if not, then Michigan's IGGY POP.

Hail the New World, hail General Washington, hail the United States! I'd hail the inevitable death of euroscum but it has already occurred!

REBEL LANDS WILL RISE AGAIN

There are good things to be said about Americans. You have a lot to be proud of. But this pride can seem like arrogance to people who are ignorant of your great deeds (like currently having the best universities in the world) The same goes in reverse, I don't expect any American to be aware of the history of the Netherlands but just because you're unaware of it doesn't mean that nothing great or important ever happened. I'll say the same for the good things the Arabs have done for the world, the Greeks, the Romans, that black guy who invented peanut butter...

The world doesn't really need people who can only wave flags (cheerleaders) They're nice decoration for a country and they're excellent cannon fodder but that's about all they're good for. What the world really needs is people who are smarter than that and who actually come up with useful stuff that eventually benefits everyone. So here, have a huge statue of a half-naked woman holding a dildo in her hand and shut the fuck up.

Not to mention aristocrats fleeing oppression, as in revolutionary France and Austria.

There are also layers of aristocracy, not all of whom had much more than land. A recession could (and many did) wipe them out, so many of them went to the USA.

Europe seems to be all proles now anyway, except the people in metal bands.

The world doesn't really need people who can only wave flags (cheerleaders) They're nice decoration for a country and they're excellent cannon fodder but that's about all they're good for. What the world really needs is people who are smarter than that and who actually come up with useful stuff that eventually benefits everyone. So here, have a huge statue of a half-naked woman holding a dildo in her hand and shut the fuck up.
And I thought I was about to read a friendly post! You can always count on Euros to keep puking out the vileness. I respond to a smear thread against my nation with some sharp words and suddenly I'm just a cheerleader, which precludes me from coming up with useful stuff. I'm surprised it's a Dutchman though, they were always so friendly with me.

See what I mean by just can't help themselves? It's like this dude was trying really hard to write me a friendly post, but then he realized he's European, and can't let this American get away without an accusation of effeminate activities and a "shut the fuck up".

And I thought I was about to read a friendly post! You can always count on Euros to keep puking out the vileness. I respond to a smear thread against my nation with some sharp words and suddenly I'm just a cheerleader, which precludes me from coming up with useful stuff. I'm surprised it's a Dutchman though, they were always so friendly with me.

See what I mean by just can't help themselves? It's like this dude was trying really hard to write me a friendly post, but then he realized he's European, and can't let this American get away without an accusation of effeminate activities and a "shut the fuck up".

Oh damn, you saw right through my treacherous European schemes and caught me red-handed! Please allow me to stockpile some of your nuclear weapons in my backyard for another 50 years so you can keep defending freedom. No need to thank me.

Oh damn, you saw right through my treacherous European schemes and caught me red-handed! Please allow me to stockpile some of your nuclear weapons in my backyard for another 50 years so you can keep defending freedom. No need to thank me.
That is generous indeed, but American missiles are already stockpiled in your sister.

That is generous indeed, but American missiles are already stockpiled in your sister.

Why do Americans always insist on being the cheapest with everything? This went from some mild and potentially humorous insults directly to "yo momma" jokes. And yet you are offended when Europeans laugh at the idea of American culture and civilization. You yourself are a disgrace to any community.

Calm down, ladies. This infighting is pointless.

Many Americans are dumb as shit. It's a sad fact (and especially for someone like me who lives in the USA and enjoys the positive aspects of the country), but it's a fact. Europeans tend to think that Americans are stupid (with good reason) but then they act pompous as if they're inherently better (which they aren't).

Is there a restart button somewhere near the North Pole? I think we need another go at this whole 'world' thing.

I didn't intend this as a smear thread against America or rednecks.  I love people who are rough-around-the-edges.  I'm just thinking out loud, and we might as well call a spade a spade.  I wouldn't exactly call the American spirit "aristocratic."  It's more ruff and tumble.  I'm closer to a redneck than an aristocrat, myself.  I come from a long line of rednecks.  The patriarch Necroslaughter was a redneck.  My theory is that if you're a little too aristocratic you become soft and content, anyway.  People with a touch of redneck, like Umbrage for example, are the best kind of people.  If you sharpen a blade for too long it becomes dull, etc.

I should have clarified I was also thinking from roughly 1800-1900 or before travel became easy and efficient.  At that point immigrating was more of a gamble, I would assume, requiring more bravery or implying a really shitty situation in the homeland.  Revolutions causing aristocrats to flee makes sense, though.

This divide does manifest itself in metal, too, as DL indicated.  Profanatica, Blasphemy VS. The Norwegians.  American styles of Death Metal VS. the Swedes.

Why do Americans always insist on being the cheapest with everything? This went from some mild and potentially humorous insults directly to "yo momma" jokes. And yet you are offended when Europeans laugh at the idea of American culture and civilization. You yourself are a disgrace to any community.

I'm a disgrace to any community because I made a joke about boning your sister? Thats pretty harsh, dude. I'm sure if we met we'd probably be friends.

(Your sister and I get along pretty well)

Gigantic Egos at War in the Northland