Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Best metal releases of 2011

Re: Best metal releases of 2011
December 13, 2011, 12:27:39 AM
Ahhh i dont know how you can call that their peak,I have said this before but it is completely ruined by "luciferian twilight" with that goofy/happy/stupid riff.  

haha, I know what you're talking about here.  but there is joy in destruction, isn't there?  like a demon dancing on a grave?  I actually don't think that that riff is that goofy, but I was just listening to Bathory the other day, and I always get douche chills when he does that *neener neener neener* thing on Blood Fire Death!  the fuck is that???

December 13, 2011, 02:45:45 AM
Or "Angel of Disease," before Morbid Angel decided to make emosexuality "metal"

December 13, 2011, 04:54:10 AM
Ahhh i dont know how you can call that their peak,I have said this before but it is completely ruined by "luciferian twilight" with that goofy/happy/stupid riff. 

haha, I know what you're talking about here.  but there is joy in destruction, isn't there?  like a demon dancing on a grave?  I actually don't think that that riff is that goofy, but I was just listening to Bathory the other day, and I always get douche chills when he does that *neener neener neener* thing on Blood Fire Death!  the fuck is that???

Douche Chills hahaha.  I will have to listen for this sound your talking about next time I play that album!

Another goofy riff is off of "Cross the Styx"  track: Doomed. that opening riff makes me sick to my stomach! but thankfully recovers quickly.

December 13, 2011, 04:57:15 AM
Or "Angel of Disease," before Morbid Angel decided to make emosexuality "metal"

Did anyone ever see that ultra homo video with TOO EXTREME! played over some Star Wars musical??? My fuck that was hilarious.

Edit: Found it.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwLZVrKECcs&feature=related

December 13, 2011, 09:05:35 PM
Shit, how could I forget; Acephalix - Interminable Night. Crusty, d-beat death metal.

December 13, 2011, 09:11:09 PM
Great year for DM, shite year for BM. Any takers?

December 13, 2011, 09:16:34 PM
Shit, how could I forget; Acephalix - Interminable Night. Crusty, d-beat death metal.

They're on Southern Lord.....tell me why I shouldn't avoid this on principle? Hah.

December 13, 2011, 10:50:08 PM

They're on Southern Lord.....tell me why I shouldn't avoid this on principle? Hah.
Haha. Well, I got the 12" LP Agipunk Italy long before the Southerlord CD came out, so maybe that saves my credibility...
Oh but wait, I actually like Sunn, so I'm a lost cause anyway. ^_^

December 14, 2011, 01:19:25 AM
It's always going to be a better year for DM than for BM, because DM is inherently easier/better done than BM.

December 15, 2011, 12:52:09 AM
Mussorgski- Chaos And Paranormal Divinity
Baring Teeth- Atrophy
Beherit- The devils studio
Ulcerate- Destroyers of all
Mitochondrion- Parasignosis
Sorcier Des Glaces- The puressence of primitive forests
Blut Aus Nord- 777Sect(s), Desantification
Disma- Towards the megalith
Antediluvian - Through The Cervix Of Hawwah

December 18, 2011, 07:34:34 PM
Great year for DM, shite year for BM. Any takers?

Obsequiae - Suspended in the Brume of Eos

December 19, 2011, 10:33:43 PM
Blaspherian's EP was better than this full length.

If I could only pick one album I would take Cianide's over Blaspherian.  A few keg party moments, but Cianide's album was the more unique and took a few more risks than Blaspherian.

Hail to Cianide, the barbarian horde from the midwest!

December 20, 2011, 02:47:05 PM
Apart from compilations, re-releases and some mentioned already:

Deceased - Surreal Overdose
Rudra - Brahmavidya: Immortal I
Manilla Road - Playground of the Damned
Shub Niggurath - A Deadly Call from the Stars

Am not too sure about the Deceased effort, considering the strength of their older albums, but the rest are keepers.

December 20, 2011, 11:15:00 PM
It's always going to be a better year for DM than for BM, because DM is inherently easier/better done than BM.

I agree that there tend to be more solid death metal releases. However, I think it's because death metal has a greater technical learning curve and is laden with less ideological/meme/joke/hipster baggage.

December 23, 2011, 06:10:58 AM
Autopsy- Macabre Eternal
Beherit- From the Devil's Studio
Blaspherian- Infernal Warriors of Death
Prosanctus Inferi- Red Streams of Flesh
I'd agree with those, but probably add:
Cianide - Gods of Death (as suggested)
Sorcier des Glaces - The Puressence of Primitive Forests
Disma - Towards the Megalith

Sorcier des glaces has a new one? I must check this out