Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Best metal releases of 2011

Re: Best metal releases of 2011
December 30, 2011, 01:26:35 PM
Do any of you psychos even remember the top tier albums from five years ago?

December 30, 2011, 02:00:11 PM
the way I hear it, metal is too goofy, repetitive and weak to be the subject of intense focus and contemplation.

Can't agree with you there, the best of metal is eternal. I don't think I'll ever tire of it, in fact the more time passes, the more I become enamored of some classics.

December 30, 2011, 09:12:23 PM

PROFANATITAS DE DOMONATIA!

December 31, 2011, 09:38:25 PM
I was very letdown by the new Cruciamentum material. The split with Vaseleth was great. I don't know what happened. The increasingly modern digital production really kills the buzz. The content is really lackluster. Perhaps it is a grower. Time will tell.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

January 01, 2012, 05:05:18 PM

PROFANATITAS DE DOMONATIA!

Yep, and Disgusting Blasphemies Against God two years ago.
Blaspherian - Allegiance to the Will of Damnation (it's long enough to be a full length)
Asphyx - Death the Brutal Way
Beherit - Engram
Avzhia - In My Domains
Graveland - Cold Winter Blades
Master - Slaves to Society
Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax

and my personal favorite
Cosmic Atrophy - Codex Incubo.  I listened to this the other day and it is seriously stellar.  Too bad they are no more.  I still can't believe that guy has a second album basically done but won't release it, what a nitwit.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

January 01, 2012, 06:10:46 PM
.. and another Profanatica release this year, im looking forward to it!!

http://www.hellsheadbangers.com/profanatica/
He who fears the dark, shall never see the light
http://www.last.fm/user/Beastofsodom

January 04, 2012, 04:21:05 PM
Good. Profanatica is awesome.

The new Onslaught blows. Trying out this band 'Horrendous', but they sound like a slightly more undergroundy version of indie metal.