Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Black/punk

Black/punk
November 26, 2011, 06:10:15 PM
Wondering if anyone here could rec me some good blackpunx. I'm looking for a similar sound to Bone Awl, Syphilitic Vaginas, Ildjarn, etc.

Re: Black/punk
November 26, 2011, 11:00:40 PM
Wondering if anyone here could rec me some good blackpunx. I'm looking for a similar sound to Bone Awl, Syphilitic Vaginas, Ildjarn, etc.

I really don't know what the common thread is between Ildjarn and Syphilitic Vaginas, which is just a regular hardcore band. Are you looking for a certain abrasive sound? Black metal that emphasizes its punk roots? Try the Absurd album "Facta Loquntuur", the Ungod album "Circle of the Seven Infernal Pacts" and maybe Impaled Nazarene's "Ugra Karma". Sort Vokter's "Folkloric Necro-Metal" may provide more from the same font as Ildjarn.

If you're just looking to satisfy a sonic itch then Spear of Longinus and Thor's Hammer may appeal. The first has releases of quality and moments of clarity, the second is second-rate and best avoided.

Edit: Hellhammer is also very worth looking into.

November 27, 2011, 12:59:50 AM
Thanks, fallot for the recommendations. I'll have to look more into Spear Of Longinus, Thor's Hammer, as well as Sort Vokter! I took it upon myself to do some further digging, and was able to find a few more bands that fit the style I enjoy: Vordr, Horrid Cross, and Raspberry Bulbs. I'd definitely recommend checking those 3 bands out.

November 30, 2011, 01:17:19 AM

Terveet Kädet.
Those new hipsters could be better without their "black" pretense and they could end with something like that, something closer to them and with more honesty. Sound is a gimmick.

December 03, 2011, 05:45:43 PM
I'm looking for a similar sound to Bone Awl, Syphilitic Vaginas, Ildjarn, etc.

If you like the first two, you want punk music.

If you want the last one, look into black metal.

The two genres are not the same.

December 03, 2011, 06:05:18 PM
Wow, by the time I'm viewing this thread it has 4 views and 4 replies.

(Trolls, you might want to make a note about this)

May 06, 2012, 09:34:32 PM
Dodsferd.