Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Feminism drives women crazy

Feminism drives women crazy
December 05, 2011, 02:18:52 PM
I am another woman in the same position as Mrs. M: misguided by feminism, burdened with student debt, and looking for a way to develop a healthy family. I am 27 now, but I feel that I have to put off marriage and children a little longer for both financial and emotional reasons. It wasn’t until this year, largely with the help of this site, that I could finally see the problems inherent in feminism.

I have always been a very conscientious person, which is why I pursued a university degree as everyone told me to do. I didn’t know myself, and I didn’t know how the world worked. I trusted my parents and other authority figures to lead me down the right path. It was this same conscientiousness that wouldn’t allow me to accept an ambitious career, and I went through several years of confusion. I couldn’t access the contradictions between my thoughts and emotions before because I accepted that having a career and financial independence were basic requirements for a successful life. I was conditioned very deeply to believe that I should never be dependent on anyone else, and had to look after myself. My desire to be a responsible person and find security trumped everything else. This completely ruled out the idea of being dependent on a husband in order to support children physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2011/12/another-anti-feminist-awakes/#more-32168

Notice the standard line: I was indoctrinated in bullshit, so I went looking for a false image, and then when that did not work I could not accept that I had failed (in the bullshit task) quickly enough to avoid failing at the real task. Good luck to her. Women are driven mad by feminism because it sets them up to fail.

Re: Feminism drives women crazy
December 06, 2011, 08:03:27 AM
If I were a woman I would never settle for marriage and children, that sux.

December 06, 2011, 06:38:26 PM
"If I were a woman"

What are you, one of those nuts that think having a penis chopped off makes you a woman? Otherwise it is an odd thing to state the decisions you would make if you were something that it is impossible for you to be.

December 07, 2011, 03:43:42 AM
If I were a woman I would never settle for marriage and children, that sux.

Are you certain of that? Perhaps you'd find yourself at 36y.o. with a ticking biological clock and a fervent passion to reproduce, I mean it happens to a lot of otherwise intelligent individuals.

December 07, 2011, 04:45:55 AM
From what I've observed, what's behind much of children being abused by their parents is partially the parent(s) don't really want the child. Not in the truest sense.

Why?

They ended up having children because biological drives and in applicable cases, cultural expectation to do so, overrode all their other decision making factors.

On a scale of societal mayhem, the worst case scenario between an individual woman not giving in to these drives doesn't hold a candle to what can happen if she does.

If it took feminist movements to reshape how some women think and attain greater freedom to make more reasoned choices, that's actually pretty inspiring. To live in a same lifetime as some of these great thinkers.

December 07, 2011, 07:10:48 AM
As a man the urge to reproduce is to have sex, I think, but I don't know if with a woman it has to produce children also for satisfaction to come.

But as a man I"m very sure I'm not marrying or having children. Imagine all the extra money you will have by not having children. Plus time, etc...

But I agree with this website, people of quality should start having children. And it's best to raise them away fom Satanic Media.

Don't be like me: Have quality children (not just intelligent - what good is intelligent but coward?).

December 07, 2011, 09:10:48 AM
If you agree with the website, then imo have children. Don't just say quality people should have children. Be a quality person and raise quality children. Raise wise children steeped in value, as much as you can.

December 09, 2011, 01:32:42 AM
EVERYONE thinks of themselves as exceptionally intelligent and thinks they should have children. That's the trap. You might think your own motives are more valid, but fuck does your body care as long as you breed?.
It's all one big tumor. Some cells are healthier than other cells- sure but does that mean anything?
if the healthier cells want the weaker cells knocked off, then the only purpose of that is to make a better, stronger tumor.
Any of you completely anti-human? Seems most still have a foot in the game. understandably, as it would be difficult to detach. 

December 09, 2011, 07:46:04 AM
Any of you completely anti-human? Seems most still have a foot in the game. understandably, as it would be difficult to detach. 

Not completely, but I've resolved to adopt children if I ever choose to have any. Not only will I be able to raise a child in a healthy manner (at least to the best of my ability), but I won't be contributing to overpopulation.

December 09, 2011, 08:23:56 AM
The problem with overpopulation is differential reproduction rates. The dumber something is, the more likely it is to have many children.

Smarter people tend to produce self-regulating populations. "Hmm, our crop is good, but not that good, and I'm smart, but not that smart, so I'll have two kids and that will be enough." Unlike stupid people, smarter people are prone to consider their intelligence on its relative merits.

On the internet of course everyone is a fucking egomaniac, but that doesn't apply in real life, specifically to those who breed deliberately.

If you want to stop overpopulation, the best way is to breed more smart people and not subsidize the dumber ones. IF smart people do not breed, they will be replaced by idiots who truly will rabbit themselves into oblivion.

December 11, 2011, 12:42:31 PM
Forth Wave feminism, already well underway, is a female coalitionary effort to control male behavior through public policy while wielding the threat of state-sponsored violence.

Feminists have long dreamed of a gender-neutral world of peaceful security, pleasure and plenty.  For years, they held to the idea that men and women were essentially the same and that traditional ideas about gender were as “lightly linked to sex as are the clothing, the manners, and the form of head-dress that a society at a given period assigns to either sex.” Patriarchal male culture could be blamed for all of the evil in the world, and our ancestors were all peaceful goddess-worshipping pansies.

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2011/12/11/fourth-wave-feminism/

Fourth Wave feminism is where feminism reveals that all along, it was liberalism.

December 12, 2011, 12:23:17 AM
The only way to correct the inconstancy of women is through indissoluble marriage.

Edit: To a man, of course.

December 12, 2011, 06:25:33 AM
The only way to utilize the inconstancy of women is through indissoluble marriage.

I have a proposed edit for you above... at least, it's something to consider. Sex roles are not arbitrary; there is a reason for the division of intelligence, much as there is for the division of intelligence between a single centralized entity and us many yeastlike spawn.

The feminist insistence that women behave like men and make as much money as men do may not be the sole reason for women’s rising levels of dissatisfaction with life; a greater incidence of divorce and single motherhood may also contribute to it.  At any event, the culpability of modern feminism in making women steadily unhappy, because it is based on false assumptions about male and female human nature, is difficult to deny.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200908/why-modern-feminism-is-illogical-unnecessary-and-evil

December 12, 2011, 09:51:34 AM
Nothing like a little reductive, unscientific, masturbatory, biased discourse disguised as truth to get your morning started off right.  Because making claims from an obviously biased source and extrapolating to make those conclusions somehow applicable to all women is how science, psychology, and logical argument work.

I should think the bias should be obvious.  Feminism -- at its root (enough with the strawmen) -- is the simple argument that -- maybe, just maybe -- women, as individuals, might know what's best for themselves.  Or you know...  might know better than some guys on a message board how their lives should be lived.  Thus, if a family is what this author wants -- then, she should be able to pursue that as she likes.  But the reverse should be true as well.

The "society sells us bullshit" routine is the basic condition for *everyone*.  University degrees are no longer an open road to success for *anyone*.  I think the mistake here (in the quoted article) is to blame the system when *you* fail.  What's "liberal" here isn't feminism -- it's the complete refusal to take responsibility for one's life.  We've all been sold lies.  I fail to the see the supposed causality as more than a cheap, eliding hand-wave.

I know it's cliche to make these sorts of statements, but posts like this::

"The only way to correct the inconstancy of women is through indissoluble marriage.  Edit: To a man, of course."

Just lower the bar for everyone.  Sometimes you smell the damn rot in this place.

December 12, 2011, 10:33:43 AM
The very fact that you're concerned about this place is rather telling. It isn't my concern whether individuals should or should not be able to make their own decisions, that is a conflict for an individualistic age whose values I reject.