Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Feminism drives women crazy

Re: Feminism drives women crazy
December 12, 2011, 10:54:22 AM
I should think the bias should be obvious.  Feminism -- at its root (enough with the strawmen) -- is the simple argument that -- maybe, just maybe -- women, as individuals, might know what's best for themselves. 

BUT does everyone know what's best for themselves? No. I'd wager 95% of men and women don't. That's why nature gave us pre-determined roles. I would think a true example of feminisim would be a woman who holds her head high, takes pride in her union with her man, values and cares for her children (if she has any), and pursues interests/hobbies that are relevant to her preferences.

Most modern American feminists are idiots. They react to the natural born role of being subversive (at least in 90%+ of nature, the male is dominant in the species) with all the butthurt of a 13 year old boy. "MEN HAVE THE POWER, SO INSTEAD OF WORKING WITH THEM LETS STRIP THEM OF THEIR MANHOOD AND MAKE THEM THE WOMAN!" It's like trying to put out a grease fire with a bottle of Crisco.

December 23, 2011, 11:50:26 AM
I should think the bias should be obvious.  Feminism -- at its root (enough with the strawmen) -- is the simple argument that -- maybe, just maybe -- women, as individuals, might know what's best for themselves.  Or you know...  might know better than some guys on a message board how their lives should be lived.  Thus, if a family is what this author wants -- then, she should be able to pursue that as she likes.  But the reverse should be true as well.
You don't need a strawman to attack that argument, sister. The proof is in the pudding:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_highbrow/2006/03/desperate_feminist_wives.html

The sexual revolution tried to free women and men from set-in-stone roles. But the irony turns out to be that having a degree of certainty about what you want (and being in a peer group that feels the same way) is helpful in making people happy. Having more choices about what you want makes you less likely to be happy with whatever choice you end up settling on.

December 26, 2011, 07:05:48 AM
"MEN HAVE THE POWER, SO INSTEAD OF WORKING WITH THEM LETS STRIP THEM OF THEIR MANHOOD AND MAKE THEM THE WOMAN!" It's like trying to put out a grease fire with a bottle of Crisco.

It's a classic victimhood ideology. It reminds me of greens blaming "corporations" or neo-Nazis talking about the Jew World Order. There may even be truth to all of these things (who knows) but it's the wrong method, and it corrupts the mentality of the person wielding it.

Not surprisingly, most feminists, liberals, neo-Nazis and greens are miserable. They hide it well with wine, pot and "intellectualism," but underneath there's a sense of the unsettled, unfulfilled and restless.