Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

It is possible to fight society

It is possible to fight society
December 07, 2011, 03:19:28 PM
This guy was evil, but he knew what he wanted. The guy was almost blind, but accomplished a lot. His name was Shoko Asahara and he founded a religious group based on a few irrational beliefs. All that is real is irrational, but not all that is irrational is real. I guess the obssession with apocalyptic stuff is symbolic, he was trying to realize the apocalypse in himself and his followers. That shows it to the people who think those disciplines that he followed are useless.

The guy started as the leader of a small religious group based on buddhism and tantra and ended up founding a small city with its own stores, houses, chemical laboratories, arsenal, etc... and expanded even to russia. They made chemical weapons and a lot of stuff there. Amazing. If he had not made the decision to murder, he would still be active now. Before he got murderous he even appeared on japanese tv with famous aktor Takeshi Kitano, funny as hell. I like the film "Brother" with this actor, and also "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence". That guy is funny, you can see the interview in youtube, you can see the guy is asking serious questions but there is a very funny humour beneath it all, beneath his actions. I'm guessing it could be because it was all pre-programmed between them.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUvrLqXvUsM

Here is some information:

http://www.american-buddha.com/shokoasahara.htm

I'm planning to read the book that is quoted in the article, "The cult of the end of the world".

Re: It is possible to fight society
December 07, 2011, 05:06:24 PM
You can fight society locally. It is what anyone should do. Are you mentioning this to frame discourse on this site, telling us it is the end result of such thought/action? Without understanding, applied to a crowd, this is inevitable. Therefore if you exhort tradition (or morality, or w/e), you must also demonstrate it. The most local level is you. A man who believes is steadfast in belief at all times, he does not troll (except sometimes in jest of course), he does not say that which he does not believe in absolutely because he knows he is part of a whole.

Phoenix

December 10, 2011, 05:33:18 AM
It's a good point, if one man can do so much towards nefarious ends, what could you or I do towards good ends? If a lie is big enough, the people will believe it. Unfortunately, the dynamic involved in deceit is one of imposing ignorance such that if you were to reveal the truth you would simultaneously reveal the deceit of your initial message and sacrifice your credibility. I say that society will take care of itself, it doesn't need our help to fail. But you and I don't have to live in that blaze, we can live in the ashes, like dust in the wind we an take care of ourselves and by looking to ourselves, you may find this tends to attract others to your cause rather like magic... not like these fucking charlatans who are the first to go down when the ship sinks... Just never forget to be true to yourself.

December 10, 2011, 03:26:03 PM
"We must fight society" is inherently leftist terminology: we oppose it, create an alternate reality, and try to destroy it and take over.

Instead of the drama, why not just infiltrate and fix?

That's a direct route.