Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Fuck Morbid Angel

Fuck Morbid Angel
December 08, 2011, 11:59:59 AM
In a state of permanent Abyss

Re: Fuck Morbid Angel
December 08, 2011, 02:07:12 PM
That is actually embarrassing to watch! Hey, I am not one to let someone not try, because that is commendable, but damn his rhythm is off in this way too much...

December 08, 2011, 03:00:12 PM
Pete Sandoval and his desire to play Mozart are the least of Morbid Angel's problems

Last night was the first time I've listened to Blessed are the Sick since the trainwreck that resulted in a wooden box w/candles and other fat girl Twilight fan accoutrements, and I'll admit that the album is now ruined for me by Vincent's voice.  Where I once heard the bellowing of demons, I now hear nothing but the guy responsible for, "10 more dead and the bodies piling higher, higher."  So, in essence, this band is now dead to me and will be until someone other than a guy wearing PVC re-records all the vocals on old Morbid Angel albums. 

December 08, 2011, 05:38:59 PM
Of course he picks the really famous one from "Amadeus"...

Nothing will ruin the first two albums for me, but I agree with the general consensus of this being terrible.

December 08, 2011, 11:00:38 PM
Pete Sandoval and his desire to play Mozart are the least of Morbid Angel's problems

Last night was the first time I've listened to Blessed are the Sick since the trainwreck that resulted in a wooden box w/candles and other fat girl Twilight fan accoutrements, and I'll admit that the album is now ruined for me by Vincent's voice.  Where I once heard the bellowing of demons, I now hear nothing but the guy responsible for, "10 more dead and the bodies piling higher, higher."  So, in essence, this band is now dead to me and will be until someone other than a guy wearing PVC re-records all the vocals on old Morbid Angel albums. 

I still commend him for at least trying to produce something of value, unlike the latest Morbid Angel effort. And speaking of re-visiting Blessed are the Sick, Fall from Grace has taken on a second meaning for as the new sound track not just new Morbid Angel but also post 1994 metal in general.
In a state of permanent Abyss

December 09, 2011, 12:28:44 AM
I actually have no problem with Sandoval doing what he did.  I think it's a pretty natural fit.  David Vincent is the source of Morbid Angel's failure, and while he remains in any way affiliated with the band, I will never be able to take them seriously. 

December 09, 2011, 01:02:50 AM
It's cool to bash Illud Divinum Insanus but I think it deserves a chance. After all, it's just the musicians doing what they wanna do. Put a record out to express themselves. They put everything inside them into this album man, and it really really shows. It may be corny, but listening to the thumping rhythm of Radikult made me want to kill a cop right there and then! I mean it's not like it's making them any money right? David explains it better than I can:

"In a recent interview with AOL's Noisecreep, MORBID ANGEL bassist/vocalist David Vincent stated about "Illud Divinum Insanus", "It's awesome, absolutely awesome . . . We made a masterpiece. I am going to call it that. There is not one bad track on this record. Of course I am going to say that, but I don't normally say such things. It is very unique and very diverse. We didn't go through the normal channels with production, so it's that's much more special because of the decisions we made."

If you really love Morbid Angel, if they've contributed anything at all to your life (they made me open my eyes in a big way), then you'll support this album with all your heart. Even if you dislike parts of it, even if it is a bit shoddy in places. If you don't support them, who will? The album sold 3600 copies in its opening week, 300 less than Heretic. I think we can all band together and really make the next one count for them. Lets vote with our pockets for more classic Death Metal!!!!!!! \m/

So no, no Fuck Morbid Angel. Let Morbid Angel Fuck You.

(I love what Sandoval has contributed to, but the man has really lost it now. Whatever spark he carried in technique or spirit is gone. I have no idea what did it, but I'm going to guess; life. The idea is commendable here, but I question the spirit. Also: lol).

December 09, 2011, 11:01:12 AM
Nice troll post.

If not:

These guys changed my life.

December 10, 2011, 04:11:46 PM
This is a minority opinion, but... I don't see the new Morbid Angel as that different from what they've been doing from Domination onward.

A ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? album, or a Tool/Marilyn Manson/Body Count/White Zombie album? Well, who gives a fuck? Both are defunct. FFF was a brief swan song for this band before utter shit entirely swallowed them up, but even FFF is uneven and produces no real standout songs that make you think, "Wow, this is absolutely as good as Altars of Madness -- or even halfway close with one eye closed."

The sad fact is that most musicians, unless they develop a vast repertoire of complexity like classical musicians, have about three albums in them of quality, and after that they realize the sad facts of the situation:

1. No college education
2. No career
3. Covered in tattoos and have long hair

At that point, there's nowhere to go but into whore music for stupid fat kiddies from the suburbs who don't have the guts to directly tell their parents FUCK YOU. The bands thus hate their fans, the fans scorn the band for being whores, and you have a whole stadium full of masochists bopping along to music that makes them hate themselves.

That, my friends, is rock 'n' roll.

December 10, 2011, 05:46:41 PM
Put me in the minority then, I agree with you completely. It's the logical extension of what they've been doing since then; I'd say Covenant is where it started. Less that attempts something deeper, more just for the sake of more. For new ideas instead of good ideas. It's rock 'n' roll. It's "just music".

January 03, 2012, 09:44:40 PM

Doctors at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, may have discovered the cause behind Morbid Angel’s widely-panned new album, Illud Divinum Insanus. In a public statement released by the band’s management, frontman David Vincent has been recently been diagnosed with a fast-growing brain tumor.

Many people around Vincent agreed there were warning signs. “He was making these really far-fetched attempts to justify the new material,” said former Morbid Angel drum tech Rick Barry, “I read a lot of his recent interviews, and I assumed he was just really desperate. I feel bad that it turned out this way, but it makes sense. The guy trying to insist that Illud… was on par with Blessed are the Sick isn’t the David Vincent I know.”

While his condition is regarded as grave, Vincent has insisted on finishing a spate of summer festival appearances with the band. Fans have reported unusual behavior from the singer/bassist, including meandering and pointless speeches between songs, and an inexplicable insistence to add bad goth singing over Morbid Angel’s classic material.

“We are encouraging David to seek treatment as soon as possible,” stated band manager Gunther Ford, “this illness has already caused notable damage to his health, along with the credibility of Morbid Angel. We want him to get well and hopefully create something that will help undo this fiasco of an album.”

Mr. Vincent could not be reached at press time, and friends close the band state that he is currently occupied with living hardcore and radical, in addition to having regular seizures.

http://www.metal-army.com/?p=22789
"It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures." - Van Gogh

January 04, 2012, 04:17:12 PM
What's pathetic about the Morbid Angel story is what they couldn't do. They couldn't quite become whores enough to make truly soulless crowd-pleasing pap like Tool, Primus, later Ministry, Marilyn Manson, early Nine Inch Nails, ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME?, etc.

So they're halfway between metal-bieber and metal-respect, and failing on both fronts.

They should have kept going in Covenant style as Morbid Angel, and invented a truly soulless pentatonic band as a side-project to make their millions. Kind of like what At the Gates did with The Haunted.

Instead, they have divided will, and so achieve nothing.

Trey should know better. Tony Robbins talks about this.