Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Craft beer

Craft beer
December 10, 2011, 04:38:56 PM
During the winter I tend to enjoy beer more even while training. What types of beers are you enjoying if any? I have been crazily checking out the Italian craft beers that are coming into the Philadelphia region, and it is no surprise that I enjoy them immensely! Some of these would include:

Baladin Isaac
Baladin Super
Verdi Imperial Stout

I also enjoy anything that comes from Dogfish Head, Samuel Smith, Rogue, Arrogant Bastard, and too many to name all at once!

Re: Craft beer
December 10, 2011, 08:55:05 PM
I stick to Yuengling traditional lager, a timeless classic in our area.

December 10, 2011, 09:33:21 PM
I enjoy that on occasion or make it a session beer if I am going to have more than a couple. I am thinking of brewing my own next year. We will see...

December 11, 2011, 12:11:45 AM
Que "alcohol is for proles" bullshit now.

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is fantastic. As is almost anything by russian river. North Coast old no. 38 stout is excellent. I'm fortunate to live 45 minutes away from stone brewery.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

December 11, 2011, 12:19:34 AM
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is fantastic.

Not just their Oatmeal Stout, but their Nut Brown Ale is delicious too. In fact most things I've tried from Sam Smith are tasty.

Dogfish Head is one of my favorite breweries, kudos on mentioning them Forza. Their Punkin ale is great, and they also make the only IPA I've ever really enjoyed. They also made a brew with coffee in it (not sure if they still do) and that was interesting.

Yuengling Black and Tan is one of my favorite beers. My all time favorite is Skullsplitter. A fantastic dark ale that's slightly sweet and very satisfying.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

December 11, 2011, 01:02:33 AM
I forget which dogfishead I've had.

Never tasted anything by yeungling.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

NHA

December 11, 2011, 02:55:54 PM
In order of heavyness:

Gulden Draak
Chimay Blue
Weltenburger Barock Dunkel

Gulden Draak is a good example of how beer changes taste when drinking from the bottle or poured.

December 11, 2011, 04:03:39 PM
Chimay Blue is amazing, and I also have a Chimay chalice that I drink from!

December 11, 2011, 07:05:07 PM
I would assume you've had this, Forza, but I just remembered how good it was (and also its one of the few Italian beers I actually remember having).

Birra Moretti

Chimay Red, White and Blue are all delightful. But Blue definitely takes the cake among the three.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

December 11, 2011, 07:30:45 PM
Chimay's products are absolutely unbelievable. Another personal favourite is anything out of the Flying Monkeys brewery, based out out of Barrie, Ontario Canada. Smashbomb Atomic IPA FTW.

December 13, 2011, 12:20:24 AM
Beer nerds.

Off the top of my head, best beers I've ever had are Westmalle Triple and Duvel.  Those damn monks really are devoted to their brewing!
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

December 13, 2011, 12:22:53 AM
And I had today for the first time, a Dogfish Head 120 Ipa at 15 percent! Amazing hops, man!

The second is Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout. Amazing and fucking heavenly is all I can say! For being a wine lover, beer is GROWING on me fast!!!

December 13, 2011, 02:54:32 AM
Victory Hop Devil IPA has an initial, complex, floral taste similar to that of the first toke on a bowl of fine medicinal marijuana.

December 14, 2011, 04:02:06 AM
I stick to Yuengling traditional lager, a timeless classic in our area.

I love Yuengling when I can get it. Unfortunately they don't sell it in my state.

December 14, 2011, 06:02:27 PM
Victory Hop Devil is pure bliss! Today I will be enjoying Stone' Double Arrogant Bastard Ale for the first time!