Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New Asphyx track

New Asphyx track
December 16, 2011, 04:15:33 AM
http://www.cvltnation.com/exclusivecvlt-nation-streaming-asphyx-deathhammer/

EDIT: After listening to the song, my impression is that this is Asphyx going the "Hail of Bullets" route.  It's "brutal" and catchy, but it's essentially pop music; compared to previous Asphyx output, which told epic stories with a simple, bludgeoning language like The Iliad translated for middle-schoolers, this is a disappointment.

Re: New Asphyx track
December 17, 2011, 06:32:12 AM
The Hail Of Bullets comparison is right on the mark it would seem. I was afraid of this...

December 21, 2011, 10:42:34 PM
but, "this is true death metal, you bastards."

as is so often the case, it would seem that whomever speaks of truth is a pathological liar.

December 22, 2011, 03:59:00 PM
This track is douchebag.

It is repetitive and misses the flow of riffs into one another that tells a story. That is the defining trait of death metal.

Like Hail of Bullets, it's essentially monochromatic with heavy emphasis on rhythm and repeated vocal hook, i.e. chanting the same shit over and over.

I would be embarrassed to play this for an outsider and say, "See, I listen to intelligent metal like this."

It's as if Asphyx have decided that in rage against the quasi-progressive "technical death metal" (which is also all bullshit) they will embrace the stereotype of the opposite, which is the big dumb riff and foot-tapping chorus.

I am certain to avoid this stupid album in the forthcoming years.

December 22, 2011, 06:02:19 PM
Worse still when you consider how fucking good Asphyx were at it before.

Let this thread be a reminder for everyone who hasn't already listened to The Rack to correct that error.