Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What creeps me out about Christians

What creeps me out about Christians
December 17, 2011, 06:58:13 PM
In a September 2011 interview with Metalfan, Ellefson was asked about his role in the MEGALife Ministry. "Initially, I helped start and vision-cast the MEGALife Ministry church in Scottsdale, Arizona," he said. "It's now grown to a point where we've purchased a brand new building, hired new staff and the mission carries on. I was initially the worship leader for a few years and that allowed me some great musical opportunities to write, play and develop some great friendships in that community. God gave me my musical talent so I found it fitting that for a few years I should give some of it back to Him for his use. Now that I'm back in MEGADETH full time, I've called in new people to take over my music position but I try to help out whenever I'm off the road. I get great joy in doing it and do it for free and for fun."

When asked if he is bothered by the fact that most of the metalheads don't go to church very often, Ellefson said, "No, it doesn't bother me and I totally understand. I grew up having to go to church every Sunday with my family and I hated it. I would sit and draw KISS logos and stage designs on my church bulletins, while daydreaming about playing music! But, now as an adult I put my boy-ish ways behind me and see the benefit of a solid faith life. I think the fallacy is that only perfect people go to church, but that couldn't be farther from the truth… at least not the churches I go to!!! After all I'm there and I'm certainly not perfect! In reality, our world is not your friend so don't get too friendly with it. That is my motive for developing a faith walk and that seems to be pretty good, orderly, direction (G.O.D)."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166938

Re: What creeps me out about Christians
December 17, 2011, 08:55:11 PM
What a horrible representation of Christianity. It would be like taking a Hare Krishna evangelist from the streets of L.A. and using them as an example for all of Hinduism.
Classicism in art, royalism in politics, Catholicism in religion

December 17, 2011, 09:20:44 PM
That seems to imply that you think anyone who defends Christianity is wrong on principle, but perhaps you're only referring to nous' aggressive proselytism. Still, my point stands that you cannot define Christianity solely by its negative exponents, if you could even consider such exponents properly Christian.

December 17, 2011, 10:05:36 PM
That seems to imply that you think anyone who defends Christianity is wrong on principle, but perhaps you're only referring to nous' aggressive proselytism. Still, my point stands that you cannot define Christianity solely by its negative exponents, if you could even consider such exponents properly Christian.

What are its positive exponents, other than its higher-than-thou, self-esteem boosts?
Impale the Under-120's!

I've always enjoyed a little male bondage every now and then.
I like missionary because it allows me to watch her face as I strangle her.

December 17, 2011, 10:35:02 PM
The horrid reasoning is most terrifying. These crackers still have a lot of power in the U.S. too but so do their equalz, the eternal liberal.

I think the fallacy is that only perfect people go to church, but that couldn't be farther from the truth… at least not the churches I go to!!! After all I'm there and I'm certainly not perfect!
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

December 18, 2011, 12:14:40 AM
I've met some ultra-conservative Christians that are great people i.e. clean-living, dedicated, knowledgeable etc. One guy even understood that the world was in a state of decay and identified multiculturalism as a 'big mistake'. But when you hear them describing how they know there's a god that loves them it just sounds insane, and yet without that unquestionable faith would they uphold such a healthy life?

December 18, 2011, 01:02:39 AM
What exactly do you wonder about aquarius? Would they be this way if they believed in a loving God or a God at all? If you ask whether they would uphold these values if they believed in a more holistic, beyond human God; the answer is yes. Since it's anecdotes I've met some ultra-conservative Muslims who are exactly this way. In fact, the vast majority are this way and fundamentally understand the decay of modern society. Hence you see them reject it in their outward appearance, in a distinctive traditional garb, with a certain look that may be ridiculed in modern society; even in their own nations (but people are waking up).

If your question is, would they be this way if they believed in a God at all, the answer is; dunno lol.

December 18, 2011, 03:46:25 AM
To say that God is love is the same to say that He is all-knowing, or all-powerful; it's an ontological statement and not a direct, and thus impractically abstract one. God is love in the sense that he has a perfect aesthetic sense. Keep in mind that what is aesthetic appreciation for something depends upon its particularized teleology. It doesn't mean that God thinks you're awesome no matter what kind of person you are, this is an obvious contradiction, and an unfortunate error of many modern Christians.

December 18, 2011, 07:51:03 PM
There is no such thing as a "Christian", this is a vague and unclear term. This post should read "What creeps me out about Protestants".

Clumping all of these sects together and calling it "Christianity" is an injustice to Dionysius, Eckhart, Aquinas, Traditional Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity. (Which if anyone cares are responsible for maintaining and upholding much that was good in European pagan thought)

I think all discussion of "Christianity" shoudl henceforth be ignored unless we are going to be explicit about what sect we are referring to.

I for one would not call Ellefson a Christian- I would call him a heretic-, thats what really creeps me out about him....;o)
"  Jesus Christ Submitted To The Roman Emperor At His Birth And At His Death: Jesus Christ Never Submitted to Man-Made Modern Democracy! "