Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Jewish prophet taking over world

Jewish prophet taking over world
December 21, 2011, 05:02:55 PM
Christians are by far the largest religious group on the planet, and the religion has gone truly global over the past century, according to a new report out Monday, which finds some of the world's biggest Christian communities in surprising places.

Europe was the clear center of world Christianity one hundred years ago, but today the Americas are home to more than a third of all Christians. In fact, the United States has the world's largest Christian population, of more than 247 million, followed by Brazil and Mexico.

China also appears on the list of top 10 largest Christian populations -- with an estimated 67 million Christians, it has more followers of the faith than any western European country.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspaper/news/sc-nw-1220-global-christians-20111220,0,4812789.story

Interesting.

Re: Jewish prophet taking over world
December 21, 2011, 11:27:37 PM
"...and the religion has gone truly global over the past century..."

Uh, just like it already has been for the past four or five centuries?

What is interesting about this? That Christianity is the largest religion in the world? GROUNDBREAKING.

The only mildly surprising country on that list is China, and when you take into account its massive population it becomes easily explainable. I don't see what the fuck is so surprising about the United States, Brazil and Mexico having the largest Christian populations.

December 22, 2011, 03:11:39 AM
Christianity is boring.

December 26, 2011, 03:12:44 PM
The only mildly surprising country on that list is China, and when you take into account its massive population it becomes easily explainable. I don't see what the fuck is so surprising about the United States, Brazil and Mexico having the largest Christian populations.

Delightfully, you live up to your username. It's always amazing to me that there are still Christians in the USA, but apparently it's popular. The global aspect of it was the real stunner.

Christianity is boring.

That's why we need to re-paganize it and instill a sense of adventure and animism. Also of course tolerance for minorities, gays, transgenders, women and chimeras.

December 26, 2011, 06:55:45 PM
That's why we need to re-paganize it and instill a sense of adventure and animism. Also of course tolerance for minorities, gays, transgenders, women and chimeras.

That's the spirit.

Which one of the existing Christian traditions is closest to this?

Phoenix

December 27, 2011, 04:01:29 AM

December 27, 2011, 06:11:54 AM
That's right! You have to turn Christianity back into Pac-Man white people!

December 27, 2011, 05:45:56 PM
Well, looks like the Middle East is pretty adamant about not letting Christianity influence it.

hint hint hint USA.

December 27, 2011, 07:42:37 PM
Another problem I have seen since being an American citizen for all these years: Americans shove Christianity down your throat! At first, I thought this was a regional thing, and in my travels I have encounter it almost everywhere. II have traveled to 43 states on top of that! Shit, even the town I live in was a Quaker town in origin, and even still is a dry town. But many gay people came here during the Frank Rizzo regime in Philadelphia. I would rather have gays taking the necessary action that made this town clean, safe, and for all purposes unique. Christians did not do this, too greedy of course!

December 27, 2011, 08:01:08 PM
If we're talking about reforming Christianity, we're talking about reforming the entire world. I think that certain articles on this website has hinted at this, but I feel that liberalism isn't just apparent in several very prominent and easily identified organizations, or popular values or ideas, but even in the most fundamental aspects by which even the most anti-liberal person defines themselves. When the enemy has intertwined itself within society to such an extent, you are bound to see manifestations of its presence absolutely everywhere.

And yes fallot, I do think it's important that the West realize it's Catholic heritage, which is also its metaphysical heritage (Thomas Aquinas wrote a lot more than the Summa Theologica).

"Lewis points to three supreme works that exemplify the Medieval mind as its highest expression.
The Summa by St. Thomas Aquinas.
The Divine Comedy by Dante.
The Model of the Universe.

For quite different reasons, viz., we don’t see them as merely a complex scheme of categorization, this fits in with our entire perspective.
The Summa is the supreme work of Western metaphysics, or Theology, as a manifestation of the Idea of Truth.
The Divine Comedy is the highest poetic work, as the manifestation of the Idea of Beauty. The “elaborate code of Love” is not what Lewis thinks it is. Rather, it reveals the path of Initiation culminating in the knowledge of the Divine Sophia.
We have referred to the Model of the Universe on several occasions." - Cologero of Gornahoor.net, An Old Model of the Universe, http://www.gornahoor.net/?p=3545

We Westerners have much to be proud of, and we seem to want to throw all of that into the dust bin.

December 27, 2011, 11:57:21 PM
That's why we need to re-paganize it and instill a sense of adventure and animism.

I'm out of my depth on that one. I would guess Catholics, then Episcopalians, then Lutherans. The latter seem especially sanguine. Catholicism seems baffling to me. If they don't do the mass in Latin, I ain't going. (Well, I'm not going anyway; I'm a Vedantist, and we have our own rituals, which involve pig rectum and a lot of butter.)

I feel that liberalism isn't just apparent in several very prominent and easily identified organizations, or popular values or ideas, but even in the most fundamental aspects by which even the most anti-liberal person defines themselves. When the enemy has intertwined itself within society to such an extent, you are bound to see manifestations of its presence absolutely everywhere.

Christianity seemed to bring problems, and will need reforming to avoid those problems, but it obviously isn't the cause. Democracy blighted ancient Athens and the ancient Hindu civilizations as well, and something caused Angkor Wat to collapse from within. I doubt it's as simple as blaming Christians or Jews. I think it's something closer to the inner failings of the human soul. It is not a darkness -- true evil is highly religious and thus an affirmer of morality, hail Satan -- but an inner lack of power or clarity.

That being said, can you explicated the quoted material above? I think it's a companion point to what I posted and should get more not less exploration.

December 28, 2011, 07:39:08 PM
That's why we need to re-paganize it and instill a sense of adventure and animism.

I'm out of my depth on that one. I would guess Catholics, then Episcopalians, then Lutherans. The latter seem especially sanguine. Catholicism seems baffling to me. If they don't do the mass in Latin, I ain't going. (Well, I'm not going anyway; I'm a Vedantist, and we have our own rituals, which involve pig rectum and a lot of butter.)

How do you feel about Orthodoxy, as in the Eastern Orthodox Church? I'm part of that tradition.

I feel that liberalism isn't just apparent in several very prominent and easily identified organizations, or popular values or ideas, but even in the most fundamental aspects by which even the most anti-liberal person defines themselves. When the enemy has intertwined itself within society to such an extent, you are bound to see manifestations of its presence absolutely everywhere.

Christianity seemed to bring problems, and will need reforming to avoid those problems, but it obviously isn't the cause. Democracy blighted ancient Athens and the ancient Hindu civilizations as well, and something caused Angkor Wat to collapse from within. I doubt it's as simple as blaming Christians or Jews. I think it's something closer to the inner failings of the human soul. It is not a darkness -- true evil is highly religious and thus an affirmer of morality, hail Satan -- but an inner lack of power or clarity.

That being said, can you explicated the quoted material above? I think it's a companion point to what I posted and should get more not less exploration.

There are several topics to discuss here. I could name some prominent features of the dominance of liberalism, but I don't feel that such things even brush the entire depth of the topic. Evola often discusses the inability of the modern person to understand the psychological make-up of past civilizations, because we define ourselves by entirely different terms. In other words he is saying that there are thoughts and emotions that individuals in the past experienced that we have not experienced, and as a result it is difficult for us to be able to understand ancient forms of ritual and governance. Our ideas of what the nature of a person is, and what the nature of an action is, have significantly changed. Part of the issue with debating liberals is that all too often we allow them to frame the topic of a debate and pull an elaborate strawman on us by claiming that our methods are faultly since they do not result in maximum autonomy for the individual; they often use very different terms than the ones I have used, but the goal of their methods is obviously implied. The strange thing is, conservatives fall into this trap almost every time. Instead of being brave and denying liberal values, including the idea that methods are only justified by resulting in autonomy for the individual, they try to argue with the liberal about how their methods do result in those things.

December 29, 2011, 02:02:01 AM
Delightfully, you live up to your username. It's always amazing to me that there are still Christians in the USA, but apparently it's popular. The global aspect of it was the real stunner.

Why are you stunned by the revelation that Christianity is such a global religion?  Do you have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of European colonization and imperialism?