Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shattering of masculinity

Shattering of masculinity
December 22, 2011, 08:58:09 PM
Basically, starting at ground zero on the theme, we must recognize that there are Alpha and Beta males. Alpha males are by nature aggressive, energized, possessive, acquisitive, and often violent. Beta males are less aggressive, satisfied with a lesser role or pace in the pecking order of life.

But simply dividing men into these two categories would not be altogether fair or accurate.  Environmental factors, circumstances and situations sometimes conjure the unexpected in human beings.

Paramount to the problem of masculinity in the Western world at large is that so many of the alpha males and the best of breed have been wasted on battlefields in two major world wars and then a succession of lesser wars like Korea, Vietnam, and the crusade in Arabia being conducted today. Generally the casualties are young and have not even reproduced, compounding the effect, so one begins to see the results in dysgenics, a lowering of type in a nation. Countries like Britain not only wasted some of their best on battlefields, but in addition, many of their best men emigrated or stayed in colonies they had established elsewhere. I recall being in England for the annual moot of the Odinic Rite. We went to a pub for lunch one day and one of the folks I was with called my attention to the people in the pub, pointing out that there was not one person there who was more then 56 in height and that they all where very thin and not a one of them showed anything of a robust physical nature. He went on to say that this was what was left of what had once been an empire building nation. Now it had become a nation of small shop keepers. I could not disagree, looking around me.

http://www.alternativeright.com/main/the-magazine/waiting-for-the-fall/

Has anyone heard this dude's "neofolk" band, Changes?

He makes some good points here. By not letting men be men, and gearing our society toward safety (morality) as opposed to adventure (metal), we have turned ourselves into nations of hamsters.

NHA

Re: Shattering of masculinity
December 22, 2011, 10:03:55 PM
Apparently being a grunt or cannon fodder is Alpha now?

Its hilarious how bad most social commentary is that name drops concepts from dominance hierarchies.

You have absurd situations where a group of guys think that they are a pack of Alphas. Its like the stereotypical frat boy who wants more to show everyone that he likes to party more so than he enjoys to actually party because of the message it sends to generate social status. So you have people who aren't Alpha but like to play the part of being one without ever realizing that Alpha is a rank not a personality profile.

Brotherhood of the gun part is amusing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaSnkjqeY-U

Re: Shattering of masculinity
December 26, 2011, 07:07:08 AM
Its like the stereotypical frat boy who wants more to show everyone that he likes to party more so than he enjoys to actually party because of the message it sends to generate social status. So you have people who aren't Alpha but like to play the part of being one without ever realizing that Alpha is a rank not a personality profile.

People learn through imitation. I think those who act alpha are trying to affirm alpha dominance through competition for it, much as those who chase poontang too much are affirming its ownership of them.