Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Morbid Saint re-releasing first two albums + live DVD

Morbid Saint's second album (technically a demo) is finally getting an official release!

http://morbidsaint.com/

CD-1 Spectrum of Death

The purest form of the original recording done at Opus Recording Studios in 1988.Our own master copy that has been re-mastered at Sixsound Studios.
This is the only copy of Spectrum of Death made right after the final mix was done, before any mastering.

CD-2 Destruction System with Extras

The original 48 track tapes to what should have been our second album have been lost for over 20 years and may never be found.
Without re-recording the entire album with the original band,(which would be impossible)
Destruction System has been re-mastered to near perfection.
CD-2 also includes four previously unreleased songs.

Dying Day and Lives Blood, recorded in 2010 with Chris Jacobs on drums and Bob Zabel on bass.
Thrashaholic, the first song ever written by Morbid Saint and Death before Dawn,
recorded in 2011 with Randy Wall on drums and Bob Zabel on Bass.
All four songs were written by the original Morbid Saint.

DVD-1 Morbid Saint Live

Recorded live in 1991 at our first show opening for Wrath, Gary Beimel on bass.
Recorded with multiple cameras, this DVD shows never before seen footage of Morbid Saint playing songs from both albums live.

Someone please do a concert review with pictures...

Just got this in the mail. The packaging could have been more elaborate (I'm thinking something along the lines of that double-disc digipack reissue of the first Crimson Moon album), but the sound itself is great. The Destruction System album actually has a slightly more polished edge to it sonically than Spectrum of Death; they did a really good job finally giving that a proper release. The DVD is about the same quality level as the DVD that came with the reissue of Altars of Madness, no real complaints.

These guys wrote some great music. The songs are constructed similarly to what you can hear on the first Morbid Angel album or the first two Death albums: verse/chorus on the surface, but in actuality moving towards narrative structure. I think they're considered thrash/speed metal by the masses mostly because of their usage of Vio-Lence style gang shouts; apart from that aesthetic quibble, I'd say that they fall squarely within the early death metal camp.

I heard that the discs are actually CD-Rs instead of being factory pressed CDs.

I wonder how well these CDs will hold up physically over time since CD-Rs decay at a fast rate.