1. Why do you require us to send an email to you after we register?
It's a filter. 30+ accounts a day are registered and most of them use "realistic looking" usernames and email addresses. I can tell that "superxanax" is a fake account, but others are not as clear. When you send an email, I know you're a real person at least. It also helps filter out the really confused. This system is far from perfect and in fact kind of sucks, but it's better than the option, which is relying on an unreliable spam catcher to filter all the spam.
2. What do I do if I get a rejection email and don't deserve one?
Re-register and email us using the address displayed on your screen after registration.
3. Isn't there a better way?
Not that is not vastly more time-consuming and unreliable, at this time.
4. The spam catcher has my posts. What do I do?
Wait. Twice a week the queue is checked, usually, and good posts dumped and bad deleted.
5. Why do spammers target us?
They are opportunistic parasites. We are high-profile for certain keywords. And this site has been around forever. As with all things in nature, you have to guard all of your mucus membranes against invading parasites.