Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal to be blamed for school shootings

Re: Metal to be blamed for school shootings
November 07, 2006, 01:46:49 AM
The minds of the young have been rotted by the indecency of the world we live in, not the music we listen to..

It's easier to blame the symptom. We can ban metal music, but how do we ban internal decay?

December 07, 2006, 10:39:08 AM
I think we need to come of with something heavy enough that COULD inspire school shootings. Than, we would probably be better off!
I think it is ridiculous, as you just pointed out , that people (some) actually believe that metal causes murder! If anything I see it as a vent for frustrations and a learning/living experience that leads to a greater human experience. It inspires me to create more than to destroy.

December 07, 2006, 01:00:11 PM
It was a guy who happened to like hiphop music, they would blame gangster rap....

It's so ignorant to judge a guy by the music he listen's to. Instead, they should look at how a 17 year old could get his hands on a gun.

December 07, 2006, 04:40:04 PM
Well they need to blame something other than themselves, what are they gonna do, admit that as a society they neglect outcasts. They have to find a scapegoat.

December 09, 2006, 08:53:54 PM
06/10/2006 06:54 AM

Gun Goes Off While Man Raps, Kills Friend

Ronnie Webber is being charged with negligent homicide after he shot his friend Johnathan Beasley in an apparent accidental shooting. Webber was acting out a rap song when he pulled the trigger on a gun he was holding when the song said "shoot."  

Police department spokesman Captain James Gallagher said that when they arrived, they found Beasley's body with a gunshot would in his chest in the bedroom. He was later pronounced dead at Elmwood Medical Center near New Orleans.  

Officials say that Webber, who was holding his friend's gun, told them he never checked to make sure it didn't have ammunition in it.

Source

December 12, 2006, 12:31:47 AM
Let americans to kill themselfs  ;)

December 28, 2006, 08:23:28 PM
yeah, okay death metal is the reason. not the loss of personallity.

if metal is the reason, then why is my mother still alive?

let's see what america and goverment in general offers to young people: education?  protection?  idols?

March 18, 2007, 11:12:24 PM
Well well well boys, what have we here? Another crusade against metal? yes. If i had a dime for everytime metal was blamed for a horrific event...the thing is simple, instead of blaming metal, blame his parents for not supervising the little bastard. had this kids 'rents been on top of their game, this wouldnt have happened. My parents have supervised every aspect of my life, and i havent gone out and committed any atrocities. Maybe if the parents hadnt give him easy access, perhaps that wouldnt have happened, but no, its not the parents fault, metal fucks up your brain worse than chrystal meth, and it makes you kill people. Bollocks, parents should be responsible enough than to let their children access to a gun. metal  doesnt kill people, idiot parents who dont supervise their children have the potential to kill people. the kid and his parents should be prosecuted. The kid for the murders, and the parents for manslaghter depraved indifferance.

March 22, 2007, 12:51:35 AM

Do they know you post on a Nazi site called anus.com? And that you (presumably) listen to black metal, which is a Nazi form of music?

since ANUS is an anagram for American nihilist underground society this place should be opposed to Nazi's because it squashes any intelligent idea by an "inferior race." And the reason for inferior being in brackets is they base this on nothing more then opinions that have no scientific backing (and usually evidence to the contrary). Also it promotes making humans as machine like as possible (and as such making them blind and unintelligent).

March 22, 2007, 02:58:42 AM

...by an "inferior race." And the reason for inferior being in brackets is they base this...  

I believe they are actually called "66 & 99s".

I think what liersinwait said was good:
It was a guy who happened to like hiphop music, they would blame gangster rap....

It's so ignorant to judge a guy by the music he listen's to. Instead, they should look at how a 17 year old could get his hands on a gun.

Exactly.

March 22, 2007, 03:25:37 AM
this story has nothing to do with influence of music, it was only his incompetence that killed his friend, it wasn't a decision made by the shooter. Its difficult for blaming music for your car braking down, or for you to run out of hot water during a shower, why should this be any different?

April 04, 2007, 05:31:42 PM
Typical how when a kid who listens to rock music (probably not even metal) it gets blamed on heavy metal. african-americans (why did this word change when I posted it?) kill people all the time and you never hear anything about how rappers rap about their "gats" and gangs.

Fucking media.

April 04, 2007, 09:28:34 PM

since ANUS is an anagram for American nihilist underground society this place should be opposed to Nazi's because it squashes any intelligent idea by an "inferior race." And the reason for inferior being in brackets is they base this on nothing more then opinions that have no scientific backing (and usually evidence to the contrary). Also it promotes making humans as machine like as possible (and as such making them blind and unintelligent).

We don't take either side of the issue. There is no superior race or inferior race, but there's also no sanity in cultureless race-mixing, culture-mixing and other forms of cosmopolitan decay. We're nihilists and we tell it like it is. We are not afraid to admit the intelligence differences between races, genders, personality types or family names, but we're also not going to make a big deal of it. One thing we will always say is this: smarter people need to be in charge, and no one is "equal" (LOL).

This is not a Nazi site, nor is it an anti-Nazi site. Perhaps the closest answer to our beliefs is Anti-Racist Nationalists. Anyone who opposes my desire to live among my own people, and to have a culture with them, and to have values in common, is a conformist scumbag who wants mall-culture to take over the universe. If they don't realize that they are defending the corporate agenda through their "anti-racism"/anti-nationalism, it's clear that they need to stay out of politics and leave it to those who can understand complex arguments.

Not everyone is equal. Less than 1% of the population has the brains to understand this stuff, and the rest should be quiet and do what they're told. Fuck the Nazis, fuck the anti-Nazis, we're after truth... and truth doesn't come in a Crowd-friendly political form.

Now back to metal. Only, please. This forum is for metal. This forum is for everything else.

April 05, 2007, 10:54:16 AM
The same thing happened recently in the Uk in south London. There was a series of gun crimes in the same area linked to gang culture and the media and local communities immediately tried to blame it on hip-hop and rap videos on UTube glorifying guns and voilence, (whihc is nothing new really). They focus more on these exterior infulences than the real causes, like how are they getting hold of guns? This is because its easier to start a crusade against a particular form of pop culture than admit that there might be real flaws in the system and the way the area is run. It's about seeking the short term simple solution.

April 05, 2007, 08:53:26 PM
It's about seeking the short term simple solution.

They aren't even doing that, they are only seeking a scapegoat.