Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Metal to be blamed for school shootings

Re: Metal to be blamed for school shootings
April 05, 2007, 06:27:20 PM

since ANUS is an anagram for American nihilist underground society

An anagram? Sorry but I found this hilarious.

April 05, 2007, 07:54:58 PM
Well you know what i meant.

April 05, 2007, 09:54:32 PM
Of course, but it was good for a laugh.  ;D

April 08, 2007, 05:30:54 PM
Typical how when a kid who listens to rock music (probably not even metal) it gets blamed on heavy metal.

Only 0.3% of school shooters listen to metal.

April 17, 2007, 03:53:47 PM
Speaking of shootings at school...  :P

April 20, 2007, 04:00:56 AM
"Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=80Eh06rabuI

Seems like a jesus freak to me. I wonder if this will cause an opening in the six o clock news to discuss the horrors depicted in the bible. His rantings are filled with references to christ-like martyrdom.

April 20, 2007, 05:20:03 AM
Metal is for pussies. It's all about hardcore ghetto rap nowadays.

Meet me up on goldmic.com, I'll show you suckahs how it rolls.

April 20, 2007, 12:44:00 PM
Metal is for pussies. It's all about hardcore ghetto rap nowadays.

Meet me up on goldmic.com, I'll show you suckahs how it rolls.

That joke was better after the 400,000th telling, thanks.

April 23, 2007, 07:31:57 AM
 I don't think that it is weird for an outcast to feel this way. But it is the people in these types of situations with the least going for themselves that surcumb to the impulse to lay everything to waste. They come from weak families (read: disconnected, usually too concerned with money and silly social stuff), usually do not think of themselves very highly, they lack the bravery to overcome all the shit being directed at them, they have VERY LITTLE going for themselves. THIS is why they end it. There hundreds of similarly intelligent and sensitive people who go through some of the same stuff, but they have the spirit/balls/will to overcome it.

It's funny when you look at the so-called metal influence in these shooters: its bands like Slipknot, Ramnstein, Korn other crap that these losers usually listen. It's not metal. An intelligent individual who listens to real metal but more importantly UNDERSTANDS it will find the strength and focus to transcend all of this shit around.

April 28, 2007, 07:57:05 AM
An intelligent individual who listens to real metal but more importantly UNDERSTANDS it will find the strength and focus to transcend all of this shit around.

And after transcending it, do they fix the problems?

April 30, 2007, 04:30:28 AM

And after transcending it, do they fix the problems?

Their personal problems or the problems around them? If one is in such a situation, I think you have to trascend it before you can begin to deal with your own problems. Once you have freed yourself from all of the social bonds and pretenses, you have the clarity of mind to seriously reflect, without the neurotic thinking that society tries to program in one.

To fix all of the problems of the world around you, especially in a setting like high school, is unreasonable. I think it is more of a matter of knowing yourself, getting through it, and having the most  control over your life as possible.

Iconoclast

Their personal problems or the problems around them? If one is in such a situation, I think you have to trascend it before you can begin to deal with your own problems. Once you have freed yourself from all of the social bonds and pretenses, you have the clarity of mind to seriously reflect, without the neurotic thinking that society tries to program in one.

To fix all of the problems of the world around you, especially in a setting like high school, is unreasonable. I think it is more of a matter of knowing yourself, getting through it, and having the most  control over your life as possible.

OK, and so then no problems are fixed -- thank you for confirming that.

I think focusing on the individual and "fixing" it is as neurotic as watching TV and crying over the starving babies in Africa.

It's not that hard to resist it... but if you make it out to be this vast Everest-worthy quest, of course no one will do it but a few "elitists" who will then spend the rest of their lives in self-congratulatory banter.

And that's useless, isn't it?