Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Averse Sefira, Vex- Oct 28, Austin

Re: Averse Sefira, Vex- Oct 28, Austin
December 22, 2006, 06:50:20 PM
I can assure you that the guys in Averse Sefira and the guys behind ANUS.com are not the same people.  Hell, to my knowledge, there's no ANUS staff currently living in Austin (I drove there from Dallas).

As for the set-list, Sanguine handed me one of their copies of it after the show (they wrote it in black sharpie on the backs of two of those advertisements for Saw 3) for this exact purpose.

You must have a lot more money to spend on drugs than I do if you actually liked the first five bands. The generic brutal death and generic black metal would have been bad enough; did you not notice that one of them was a Pantera rip-off, one of them was mallcore, and that one of them was complete fucking emo?

December 24, 2006, 02:32:19 AM
this is really funny.  This review has to be one of the most ridiculous things i've ever read!  it's a completely biased review where it's safe for the reader to assume that you are either in the band, sleeping with the band, or being paid to promote the band.  

Were we at the same show?  Funny how you say Ruins of Honor sounds like Death especially when they did a cover of a Death song.  Vex is probably one of the only bands that even draws a metal crowd here in Austin.  I was one of the 3-5 people who stuck around to see Averse Sefira and i know who the other 3-5 people were.  Were you even there?  It was a shame that everyone left before the headlining band, but it was Averse Sefira and i remember their performance as painful.  

The only thing i have learned from reading your review is that in no way can your opinion be respected.  The "everyone sucked" approached and then your positively *glowing* review of AS...

...Sanguine handed me one of their copies of it after the show (they wrote it in black sharpie on the backs of two of those advertisements for Saw 3) for this exact purpose.

Seriously, you do know how much of a tool you sound here don't you?

December 24, 2006, 07:04:26 AM
stupid band sniping aside, I can say that Averse Sefira doesn't run this site or write for it. I guess you haven't heard of Spinoza Ray Prozak.

EDIT: just re-read this thread again, if you're mad about the review then that's your right but why blame the band? It's not their fault if one of their fans is opinionated.

December 24, 2006, 10:08:54 AM
The "everyone sucked" approached and then your positively *glowing* review of AS...

Scientifically speaking, this is possible.

I wasn't there, but Cynical has been consistent in his opinions over the years and I doubt he is playing favorites here. If nothing else, he is brutally honest.

To state the obvious, these articles are opinions of the author and your opinion may vary. Somewhere out there is the truth. There has never been a shortage of support for Vex in these parts, but other bands whose members come here to whine like Judeo-Christian priests are not making a positive impression.

If anything, in my view, the Texas scene has to stop collaborating against those bands likely to escape the local scene. Remember dead horse? They would have been widely known had other members of the Texas scene decided only to support their bands and their friends. The result is that no one gets to be more than a local band (we call this Crowdism).

If Texans were to unite around those bands among us that are likely to go farthest, instead of insisting upon a wheelchair-bound egalitarianism that suggests all bands should stay local and be equally unknown outside our little hipster cliques, we would have a more recognized contribution to metal.

It's attitudes like I see from people here who have come to complain about an opinion piece about their band that explains this problem. Face it: your band may stay local, forever. There may be better bands out there than you. Stop whining about your fate in life and help out by supporting other Texas bands who are likely to go farther. We ARE all in this together, even if not ALL of our bands make it to the finish line.

I feel like you should have learned this in kindergarten.

December 24, 2006, 01:15:05 PM
I've got to go to church in the morning, so I'm going to bed.  

You just got owned like a field hand and this is all you can say?

This guy was a lot like you.

December 24, 2006, 02:49:54 PM
all you seem to do is use sarcasm to avoid being dragged into any real discussion (and we are in a forum and expressing ideas is the entire point of it), you give no explanation or evidence of any kind to support your views and just whine, although i may be whining now im at least giving reasons why and giving evidence  

just like to note the posts i was responding to have been deleted, so i may appear very crazy

December 31, 2006, 10:54:27 AM
I just thought I'd post something here in response to all these posts, and to defend myself because I was one of the promoters of the show.

First and foremost, it was a Halloween show so that would explain the vocalist of Ruins of Honor being dressed up on stage. (and it really wasn't a plastic sword) hehe Also, a lot of the bands that performed were bands that I didn't book. Hell some of them weren't even supposed to be on the bill, but were added for some reason. Ofcourse I had little power over the show, otherwise there would have been less bands on that show. There are only a few bands in this are that I'd book to do a show with AS, but I asked Vex to play because I knew they would do a great job... and although some people weren't thrilled by their set, I always enjoy seeing these guys on stage.

Anyway, that's about it.