Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Averse Sefira, Vex- Oct 28, Austin

Averse Sefira, Vex- Oct 28, Austin
October 13, 2006, 12:10:19 AM

LEGION

Re: Averse Sefira, Vex- Oct 28, Austin
October 13, 2006, 03:11:59 AM
They need to play up here in Seattle, no exceptions!

October 20, 2006, 11:12:24 AM
AVERSE SEFIRA Signs With CANDLELIGHT RECORDS - Oct. 20, 2006  

Texas-based black metallers AVERSE SEFIRA have inked a deal with Candlelight Records.

AVERSE SEFIRA formed in Texas, in 1996. Following a well-received demo, the band self-released their debut album, "Homecoming's March", on Arrogare Records in 1999. Shortly after, the band relocated to New York state and began playing in support of the release. They went on to make several high-profile appearances, most notably in support of CRADLE OF FILTH in Canada. In 2000, AVERSE SEFIRA relocated back to Texas and signed to Massachusetts' Lost Disciple Records. Their following release, "Battle's Clarion", garnered critical acclaim across the globe.

With their reputation secured, the band toured Europe and Canada, and successfully co-headlined with DARK FUNERAL in South America. 2003 saw AVERSE SEFIRA leave Lost Disciple to pursue a new offer with Brazil's Evil Horde Records. This arrangement not only resulted in a re-edition of the band's then out-of-print "Homecoming's March" album, but also led to the 2005 release of a new album, "Tetragrammatical Astygmata". The strongest effort of the band thus far, "Tetragrammatical Astygmata" features songwriting and production that surpasses their previous efforts.

Despite limited distribution and support from Lost Disciple Records, AVERSE SEFIRA has managed to amass a large cult following through relentless self-promotion and touring since 2001. Outside of their current partnership with Evil Horde Records the band is self-sufficient. They arrange their own tours and handle their own art direction independent of any label assistance. To date, they are still the only American black metal group to have performed live on three continents. In March of 2006, AVERSE SEFIRA returned to Brazil in support of CANDLEMASS.

AVERSE SEFIRA will headline the Halloween Metal Ball on October 28 in Austin, Texas at Redrum Club. The band is currently writing material for their next album.  

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60634

TC

October 20, 2006, 01:58:39 PM
that's fucking awesome news.

October 22, 2006, 11:15:27 PM
Hotel stays in Austin are expensive. Try a hostel:

http://www.hiaustin.org/
http://www.iccaustin.coop/hostel.html
http://www.hostelz.com/hostels/USA/Texas/Austin
http://www.hostelhandbook.com/usa/txaus.htm

HI-AUSTIN INTL. YOUTH HOSTEL
2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd.
Austin, TX 78741
(800) 725-2331

INTER-COOPERATIVE COUNCIL AUSTIN
2305 Nueces
Austin, TX 78705
(512) 476-1957

October 23, 2006, 01:58:23 AM
http://www.hiaustin.org/

HI-AUSTIN INTL. YOUTH HOSTEL
2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd.
Austin, TX 78741
(800) 725-2331

This place comes recommended. Hostels are a great place for a cheap bed and an opportunity to jam Australian girls.
;D

Yashka

October 29, 2006, 04:32:56 AM
AIDSland? Where is that, Africa?

October 29, 2006, 06:56:29 PM
Short summary of show:
All of the first 5 bands sucked.  Vex could have been great, but they were plagued by various problems which killed it.  Averse Sefira were fucking incredible.  Their setlist:

Plagabraha
Sonance Inumberate
Hierophant Disgorging
Homecoming's March
Transitive Annihilation
Condemned to Glory
Argument Obscura
Decapitation of Sigils
Helix in Audience
The Nascent Ones (The Age of Geburah)
Detonation

Proper review of the show will be forthcoming.

November 02, 2006, 01:48:23 AM
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/shows/28oct2006/

Review has had minor modifications since it was originally posed; update should occur soon.

November 03, 2006, 04:20:35 PM
Interesting review; I appreciate it and certainly don't disagree with it. As a member of Vex I agree that our set was a disaster that we are all ashamed of to some degree. I actually didn't plan on playing it originally; Graduate School plus work obligations on my end leave virtually no time for rehearsal. However, I eventually agreed to play it because it would be foolish to pass up another chance to directly support Averse Sefira. On another note, I am curious to know who told you that we have only rehearsed once in 7 years, because there isn't a single element of truth to it. Why someone would even bother mentioning that to you is beyond me.
And yes, I also agree that the rest of the bands were worthless, but with one notable exception: Ruins of Honor, the band before us, is excellent I think. Did you see them?  

November 04, 2006, 04:06:03 PM
Sucks to have to perform without sufficient practice. Does Vex have MP3s somewhere? I failed it at googling.

I was not at the show, and had nothing to do with this review, but I'd like to say that I detest "festival style" shows with more than 3 bands. Everything gets fucked up and the shitty bands take up the time that the later bands need and you get out at 2 am after having been there since noon. I went to one here and it was like an exhaustion marathon.

November 04, 2006, 07:18:15 PM
burnitdown:  www.myspace.com/vexhomepage

Lee_Viathan:  Check your PMs.  Also, I caught Ruins of Honor, and was unimpressed.  Maybe it was because the singer posing with a plastic sword brought the exact wrong image to mind, but it seemed to me that they were like later Death- heavy metal trying to disguise itself as extreme, and being rather tedious in the process.

November 05, 2006, 02:43:21 PM
I might be more cynical than Cynical because the Vex stuff, while not bad, did not strike me as anything I needed to have. I'm not sure it knows the effect it wants to achieve.

November 05, 2006, 07:45:20 PM
As I said in review
If the band members manage to unify themselves into one entity

In other words- potential is there, but currently the only direction taken is that of shitloads of directions.

December 23, 2006, 02:40:56 AM
dude, that was no plastic sword, and even if it was, it was Halloween, so get over it.

"Yeah, we should just all have fun d00dz!!!  Beer, babes, and bullet beltz!!!!"

and to be compared to Death is a compliment.

I don't think you realize what site you're on.  Otherwise, surely you'd come up with a different defence than that.