Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Negativa - Chaos in Motion on myspace page

Iconoclast_2

Nile577

Re: Negativa - Chaos in Motion on myspace page
October 14, 2006, 12:23:59 PM
I can't hear these songs. Anyone else have that problem?

October 14, 2006, 02:08:11 PM
Works fine for me.

October 14, 2006, 02:52:15 PM
I can't hear these songs. Anyone else have that problem?

Yes, but I can "hear" the video.  ;)

October 15, 2006, 11:46:17 PM
That's about what I expected it to be. Since I expected something good, I'm glad I wasn't let down.

Can't wait to hear the rest.

October 16, 2006, 05:28:00 AM
It's basically Obscura part II.

Like everything after EOS, it's going to take a while to understand the complexity.

October 18, 2006, 05:49:19 PM
Sorry to crash the party guys, but this is SHIT.  Utterly irredemable SHIT[/u].  

[size=28][color=FF00000]SHIT[/color][/u][/i][/size]

When I first heard about this project, I was worried.  Creating the concept of the band around creating "Obscura pt. 2" was utterly fucking retarded- the concept WAS the aesthetic.  And sure enough, where Obscura was a refined piece of art that happened to use unusual aesthetics, this uses the aesthetics for its own sake.  The sublime musicality beneath the technique is gone; we're left a lot of the same old shit, but OMFG, IT'S TAPPED!!111ELEVEN!!!  CALL IN THE HIPSTERS- IT'S UNIQUE!!!

A special mention has to go to that breakdown- it's utterly fucking inexcusable, even compared to the rest of the song.

ICONOCLAST_IS_GOD

October 18, 2006, 08:13:02 PM
Sorry to crash the party guys, but this is SHIT. †Utterly irredemable SHIT[/u]. †

[size=28][color=FF00000]SHIT[/color][/u][/i][/size]

When I first heard about this project, I was worried. †Creating the concept of the band around creating "Obscura pt. 2" was utterly fucking retarded- the concept WAS the aesthetic. †And sure enough, where Obscura was a refined piece of art that happened to use unusual aesthetics, this uses the aesthetics for its own sake. †The sublime musicality beneath the technique is gone; we're left a lot of the same old shit, but OMFG, IT'S TAPPED!!111ELEVEN!!! †CALL IN THE HIPSTERS- IT'S UNIQUE!!!

A special mention has to go to that breakdown- it's utterly fucking inexcusable, even compared to the rest of the song.

It isn't anywhere near as good as Obscura was, that's for sure, although it isn't horrible. †I can never listen to it, though, since myspace is shit and doesn't load. †But that breakdown was shit, I agree. †I also don't like the beginning very well, either.

Unfortunately, Hurdle is probably the one holding it back. †Like the previous poster said, too bad Lemay can't overrule him.

Though I do easily imagine the band progessing to something better once they get focused.  I get the impression that Gorguts was mostly Lemay's brilliance, and Hurdle is trying to build atop that.  And it isn't really working as great as I'd hoped.  Though there is hope in the future as this wasn't a huge pile of shit (though nothing special).

October 19, 2006, 02:53:22 AM
Where Obscura was a living, evolving organism, this is chunks of aborted flesh stitched together, dragging along without much of a purpose other than sheer survival.

Flat, in composition, construction - even production and execution (The replacement simply cannot match Steve Cloutier), the song is content in just being there, much like a modern man, not capable of aspiring to greater deeds.

October 21, 2006, 09:15:30 PM
Agreed.. sounds terribly uninspired and static.

October 22, 2006, 06:03:22 AM
Wow. I guess I'm in the minority here.

Maybe I'll just shut up and let you all bash for a while. That seems to be the norm here nowadays.

However, here's a question you all might like to ask yourselves in the interim - What WOULD inspire you these days? If that inspires you, why aren't you ACTING upon it, and propogating MORE of it?

Hell, I realize there isn't much coming out of the metal world lately that's worthy of mention, but efforts like Tetragrammatical Astygmata give me the idea that all is not lost. We can all be pedantic iconoclasts if we want, but useless negativity in the face of a shit genre serves no purpose. If you think this material's shit, why aren't you creating something better? Something bigger than your ego? Something bigger than your ability to stand on the sidelines and criticize?

Criticism without action is superfluity.

October 22, 2006, 10:28:06 AM
I'm gonna sit on the fence until an album comes out, 'cause I can't make up my mind.

October 22, 2006, 06:42:03 PM
Just my opinion, Blaphbee.

But the first impressions from our forum participants here aren't without clue. Hm, let us see how this new work unfolds, when it's released. Perhaps there are "just only some compromises" audible like in Celtic Frost's Monotheist, nothing more - let's us hope at least, independently of the evidences comming through these sound samples.

October 24, 2006, 06:57:07 AM
For fairly obvious reason, I was quite impressed by this track during initial listens, but upon further inspection, it just doesnít seem as authentic or purposeful as the material on ďObscura.Ē

Still, Iíll reserve my final judgment until Iíve heard all twenty minutes of this EP and had a chance to peruse the lyrics.

October 24, 2006, 03:36:36 PM
 Creating the concept of the band around creating "Obscura pt. 2" was utterly fucking retarded- the concept WAS the aesthetic.  And sure enough, where Obscura was a refined piece of art that happened to use unusual aesthetics, this uses the aesthetics for its own sake.

This is true generally. I haven't been really moved by anything the band did after Obscura, but these days, even Voivod seems tedious compared to Haydn, Brahms, DeBussy, early Slayer...