Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Power/Progressive Metal: Not just for Pedophiles

Power/Progressive Metal: Not just for Pedophiles
October 17, 2006, 04:21:23 PM
I would say prog, since they use guitar riffing style that was never used before. If that's not progressive, then I'm fuckin' lying all the way.

EDIT :

Just to be sure the message is taken correctly : The band you named are low-quality group, mostly with pop chord, and not metal at all (except for the riffing style). If you want real prog, try Genesis, Yes, Rush, King Crimson. You can find on this forum thread with some of their albums. That's high-quality music, profond, great composition (melody, structure, harmonisation).

If you still think that Symphony X is good because they play full of note in 1 second, ask yourself : where do those note lead me ? Where does the music itself lead ?

If your answer is nowhere, than stop listening to such music.

ICONOCLAST_IS_GOD

Re: Power/Progressive Metal
October 17, 2006, 05:13:13 PM
ANUS does lack maturity.  Look at the name.

October 17, 2006, 07:38:06 PM
ANUS does lack maturity.

Absolutely. Maturity blows. Ethical, logical, masculine, forceful, warlike, intelligent action does not, but it's not "mature." Modern "maturity" is a control tool of the crowd.

ICONOCLAST_IS_GOD

October 17, 2006, 09:30:57 PM

Absolutely. Maturity blows. Ethical, logical, masculine, forceful, warlike, intelligent action does not, but it's not "mature." Modern "maturity" is a control tool of the crowd.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, the crowd might be right?

There's nothing intelligent about force and war.  In fact, it is the inverse.  They're childish concepts stemming from sexual frustation and subconscious guilt.

Freudian troll? Now I've seen everything.

October 17, 2006, 10:35:59 PM
Have you ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, the crowd might be right?

There's nothing intelligent about force and war.  In fact, it is the inverse.  They're childish concepts stemming from sexual frustation and subconscious guilt.

Many times, but the crowd is not. Note that above you are making an error by distilling what ANUS believes into "force and war," when it is in fact a much larger concept. An amoralist is not afraid to use force, but does not idolize it any more than he does peace, while a moralist fears force and loves peace.

All of this is obvious, if you think about it - independently from the ego, of course. Nihilism is about this clear state of mind. Some call it Zen, some call it war. What do you call it? Obviously, you've felt it, once upon a time.

ICONOCLAST_IS_GOD

October 17, 2006, 10:49:45 PM

Many times, but the crowd is not. Note that above you are making an error by distilling what ANUS believes into "force and war," when it is in fact a much larger concept. An amoralist is not afraid to use force, but does not idolize it any more than he does peace, while a moralist fears force and loves peace.

All of this is obvious, if you think about it - independently from the ego, of course. Nihilism is about this clear state of mind. Some call it Zen, some call it war. What do you call it? Obviously, you've felt it, once upon a time.

I "grew up", got a 9-5 job, and found a calling in the College Democrats group at my university.  Now I know these things--nihilism, elitism-- are ridiculous, just childish aversions to what anyone with common sense knows: that hate is a perversion, and peace and love is the adhesive that holds society together.

Nihilism is not hate.

October 18, 2006, 05:37:36 AM

I "grew up", got a 9-5 job, and found a calling in the College Democrats group at my university.  Now I know these things--nihilism, elitism-- are ridiculous, just childish aversions to what anyone with common sense knows: that hate is a perversion, and peace and love is the adhesive that holds society together.

Hate is natural part of human history, it is as necerssary as love. We as a race, a constantly aiming for peace on earth, and all we keep ending up with is war and conflict. Not just large international wars, but general voilence everywhere, in the form of crime etc etc. It's not about loving peace or war and glorfying one or the other, but seeing each one as necerssary.

power's papa, speed metal kiks its ass from here to mars........

and aptly enough (given the converstaion above) all syphony x, rhpasody, freedom call , stratovarious and hammerfall make me feel is pure fukin HATE.,................AAAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHH.......Kill these souless wankers with their mach 3 skill precision, crystalline production and ridi-fukin-culous choruses.......just as bad as fuzzy scuzzy guitars, tape hisss, tin can blasts, and KVLT

on the other hand power's heavier half has laid claim to some mighty bands :

Power Metal era Pantera

Nevermore

Kamelot

can someone name others

Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, (early) Fates Warning & Nevermore are the most essential in Power/Prog.

A few other that many might disagree with would be Savatage, Therion, Evergrey and the better albums from Helloween.

euronymous

Fates Warning is above everything mentioned here imho.

Few other bands mentioned here have few decent albums. The rest...

euronymous

Fates Warning download

Take note folks, Fates Warning were the best band in the genre by a good distance.

RSF

Prog metal is a tough pill to swallow after listening to stuff like Genesis, King Crimson, Pink Floyd,  Jethro Tull, etc.