Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Anti-Dualism

Anti-Dualism
January 03, 2012, 09:50:37 PM
First of all I admit not knowing exactly what I'm talking about but I'm talking about what I could pick up.

One of the biggest contributions this site did to me was the no-dualism or no supernatural-bullshit. That does not mean I do not believe in the paranormal - it means I don't believe in happy flying poneys that make all OK (that make all OK - not that I don't believe in happy shiny poneys - they may exist in the astral world).

I admit I have a tendency to phantasize, to imagine too much and to dream - that is weakness of a kind sometimes.

The dualism I accept is that I think, probably, and I don't believe in probably - people get too much caught in opinions like "maybe and probably" and sometimes do not realize there is no such thing as maybe - either something is true or is not true. Well, the dualism I think is probably true is that there is a non-physical (that is - non explainable with the current physics) part of existence of the mind that has been called by some the Akashic Field.

But ANUS always said: If there is some other world or realm or whatever, it operates in relation to this one. That does not necessairily mean that this that you are perceiving now is "the highest", but it means that fantasy is where it belongs: In the realm of the unreal. That does not mean that somethings that are considered phantasy can not be real. It means that we have to ACCEPT reality - Reality - What Happens.

What I got from this non-dualism is this: Not of your bullshit is real. None of your ego-phantasiez. None of your shit. The fact that there is a brutal physical reality does not undermime your spirituality: It just makes it brutal.

People get BLIND all the time. That is fucked up. That is, tough, only bad if you have attachment, because if you were an extreme buddhist you would not attach yourself to vision. That is, all of our problems are created by ourselves - not really that we decided it, but by our stubbornes (born stubborn) we created it - by our sttuborn ways of believing what our parents told us - if you believe you're entitled to vision, you will work out and be a God - 99,09% of the time - the other 0,01% are gonna have to deal with blindness - but then, you always have the astral or dream world, where you don't necessairliry need your vision - or do you? But it's hard to adapt - attachment.

The only thing I have not figured out is extreme torture - can that be solved with some sort of non-attachment - or - is - the- world just wicked?

You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

Re: Anti-Dualism
January 04, 2012, 01:16:44 AM
But as for he who is given his record behind his back
He will cry out for destruction
And [enter to] Burn in a Blaze
Indeed, he had [once] been among his people in happiness
Indeed, he thought he would never return [to Allah]
But surely, the Lord was ever of him, Seeing
So I swear by the twilight glow
and [by] the Night and what it envelops
and [by] the moon when it becomes full
[That] you will surely experience state after state.
So what is [the matter] with them [that] they do not believe,
And when the Qur'an is recited to them, they do not prostrate [to Allah ]?
But those who have disbelieved deny,
And Allah is most knowing of what they keep within themselves.
So give them tidings of a painful punishment,
Except for those who believe and do righteous deeds. For them is a reward uninterrupted.

May 14, 2012, 01:43:49 PM
Novels may have a lot more power than we think.

When you identify with a literary character, like Katniss Everdeen of the "Hunger Games" books, there’s a good chance you’ll become more like her, new study shows.

Researchers have found that when you lose yourself in a work of fiction, your behavior and thoughts can metamorphose to match those of your favorite character, according to the study published early online in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/13/11665205-you-are-what-you-read-study-suggests?lite

May 14, 2012, 07:52:36 PM
Quick, someone write a bestselling novel about supermen who save the world by crushing idiocy.
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.