Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Can't blame the parasites

Can't blame the parasites
January 08, 2012, 03:09:24 PM
Fuentes has spent 374 days at Community Regional Medical Center, the longest uninterrupted stay by a patient at the Fresno acute-care hospital, according to staff recollection.

Fuentes, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, has no health insurance.

On Tuesday, the final cost of Fuentes' care was not available. Much of it will be taken on by the hospital as charity care.

Last year, for all patients, the hospital provided $100 million on charity care, according to hospital spokeswoman Mary Lisa Russell.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/01/03/2669593/man-will-leave-fresno-hospital.html

How much do you think your bill goes up? 10%? 25%?

You can't blame people for taking advantage of it when you shovel free money out the door.

Re: Can't blame the parasites
January 08, 2012, 03:18:05 PM
Exactly.  People are going to take the advantages that they are given to protect the family unit, but that doesn't mean that it's ok to just keep throwing away other people's money.  

I would never use food stamps, but I don't blame those that do.  If the government is dumb enough to give them away, then you'd be dumb not to take them for your family if you were struggling. 

January 09, 2012, 06:53:26 AM
The system also encourages people to lie. Leading questions like:

Are you currently experiencing hardship because you have no money because you have no job?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Even the dumbest human can see: I need money, therefore, I should answer as the good-intentioned-useful-idiots want me to.

January 09, 2012, 11:20:06 AM
My first question for welfare would be this:

Q) Are you a male?

A) Yes.

Q)  THEN NO WELFARE!  Man up.

January 09, 2012, 02:35:14 PM
Significant amounts of charity work in the medical profession is not new.  It simply went by other names and through different means.  The problem is the overwhelming amount of abuse that didn't use to happen, basically because it was impossible to do so.

As for the inflation of medical bills, that's actually far more complicated and I would argue there are actually more significant contributions to that than criminal aliens.  However, only a fool would be blind to the utter havoc that this type of crap is wreaking on society.

I say we deport these people to Canada.  Nobody can argue against this because everyone wins.  ...except Canada, obviously, but fuck them.

Phoenix

January 09, 2012, 02:48:40 PM
If you don't like illegals getting free medical care, you better live a very healthy lifestyle, otherwise you're also raising the bill for all of us.

If you don't like illegals getting free psychiatric care, you better treat your mind with reverence and respect and engage in activities to increase your mindfulness, otherwise you're also raising the bill for all of us.

If you don't like illegals coming into your country because the conditions in their country are so bad, you better not by your actions and lifestyle help worsen the conditions in their country--by buying useless crap, perpetuating a hollow economy and a broken political system--otherwise you're helping them come.

I have a feeling there's a bit of hypocrisy going on here.

You can't blame people for taking advantage of it when you shovel free money out the door.

I'm pretty sure that if you're calling them 'parasites' then you're meaning to blame them.

January 09, 2012, 03:53:21 PM
If you don't like illegals getting free medical care, you better live a very healthy lifestyle, otherwise you're also raising the bill for all of us.

If you don't like illegals getting free psychiatric care, you better treat your mind with reverence and respect and engage in activities to increase your mindfulness, otherwise you're also raising the bill for all of us.

Uh...  not if we all pay the bills for the services we acquire.  The issue is that we are forced to pay when illegal immigrants can't be denied care depite having no money or insurance. 

I sell you an apple for a dollar, but I am required to give someone else an apple for free.  In order to afford my little apple business, I have to charge 2 dollars for that same apple to make up my bill, but if everyone pays for the apple they eat, then I can keep the price at 1 dollar.  Economics 101

Phoenix

January 09, 2012, 04:29:38 PM
But there are a finite number of medical resources available, so if everyone gets obese and develops poor health there will be much more demand on those resources, which I would argue is in fact a chief cause of the current healthcare crisis.

January 09, 2012, 04:42:36 PM
Which resources are in short supply?

Phoenix

January 09, 2012, 05:24:58 PM
Medical resources are a finite resource, but I didn't say they were in short supply. I'm not saying people are dying in epidemic proportions due to lack of resources, but quality of care is diminishing and costs are rising. A few ways poor health wastes resources is that:

- patients often only seek help once their condition is severe and expensive to treat
- investing in lots of medical resources to treat diseases that aren't natural and that only arise due to poor eating and lifestyle means less investment in preventative  and educational medical resources
- being unhealthy diminishes your productivity as an individual in society
- mass poverty of health increases the cost of health insurance under plans which cover everyone indiscriminately or which employ weak screening criteria

January 09, 2012, 05:31:43 PM
So how does any of this relate to or negate (either) that illegal aliens are taking advantage of the mandatory service rule in many countries and causing prices to go up for tax payers and in general?  Do you believe this is not a problem?

January 09, 2012, 07:20:48 PM
It's true, against my better judgment I gave a friend a place to live until he got on his feet. All I got in return was an empty fridge and pig stye home. Fortunately, I wised up.

Phoenix

January 09, 2012, 07:34:28 PM
So how does any of this relate to or negate (either) that illegal aliens are taking advantage of the mandatory service rule in many countries and causing prices to go up for tax payers and in general?  Do you believe this is not a problem?

In my mind the concept of 'parasites' tends to some degree to sanctify the body which is infected by highlighting the extent to which the problem originates externally. I just mean to point out how easy it is to be hypocritical if you denounce one aspect of the problem while at the same time contributing to other aspects of the problem.

January 09, 2012, 07:47:18 PM
It's true, against my better judgment I gave a friend a place to live until he got on his feet. All I got in return was an empty fridge and pig stye home. Fortunately, I wised up.

Actually, I think everyone should be encouraged to offer a charitable heart toward their family and friends or anyone else, but a government that steals the property of one person and gives it to another is not charity at all.