Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Burzum - Support Your Local Einsatzkommando' shirt.. 48 HOURS LEFT!

Re: New Burzum album out in May.
January 24, 2012, 05:59:51 PM
Burzum (say in spooky, whispery, adulatory fanboi voice).
And as though it has umlauts.

Is there any reason to believe this will vary in the slightest from his other post-prison output?  No.  I think it's time to just sit back and let Burzum fade away.  I know it's supposed to be better to burn out, but that was said by an aging, liberal rocker.

January 24, 2012, 06:02:56 PM
I think we'd all like Burzum better if he stayed in prison forever and released a half-finished electronic album every 7 years or something.  That's a terrible thing to say, but can anyone disagree?

January 25, 2012, 05:56:10 PM
2011 Burzum should be at the bottom of everyone's "Best of 2011" list, because there wasn't much that was actually any good.  Give me Infernal Warriors over Darkest Depths any day, but give me Fallen over <insert hipster trash> every other day.

January 25, 2012, 10:58:56 PM
I can't agree there. It's obviously fake music made for money.

I'd rather just cut out all the shit -- the fake sell-outs like Burzum, the shitty hipster indie emo shoegaze metalcore post-metal post-hardcore crap like Krallice, the shitty two-note drone like Om, the shitty "trve kvlt" tvrds that imitate the past with zero skill or inspiration, Cannibal Corpse -- and praise the good. If that means I've got two albums on my list, at least they are two albums I'll listen to and learn from, instead of more shit to pass the time. I don't need ways to pass the time. My life isn't that boring. I need music that has some spirit and balls, perhaps even an 8" cock (flaccid)

January 26, 2012, 11:06:08 AM
I can't agree there. It's obviously fake music made for money.

I'd rather just cut out all the shit -- the fake sell-outs like Burzum, the shitty hipster indie emo shoegaze metalcore post-metal post-hardcore crap like Krallice, the shitty two-note drone like Om, the shitty "trve kvlt" tvrds that imitate the past with zero skill or inspiration, Cannibal Corpse -- and praise the good. If that means I've got two albums on my list, at least they are two albums I'll listen to and learn from, instead of more shit to pass the time. I don't need ways to pass the time. My life isn't that boring. I need music that has some spirit and balls, perhaps even an 8" cock (flaccid)

Exactly, people are comparing dogshit and catshit; it's still just shit.

January 26, 2012, 03:35:10 PM
Yeah but they're saying they prefer the aesthetic of metal pop over pop pop.

Makes sense to only listen to good albums though. I suppose like good classical it should remain timeless.

January 26, 2012, 05:21:38 PM
"Belus" was half finished and could've really been something good if there was more continuity within the album.

Everything after has just made me question why he released it.

January 26, 2012, 06:24:29 PM
I was perfectly willing to accept that Belus was a hodge podge album and maybe something to get his name back out there.  I don't see any reason why he should continue to push poor music after that though.  I still feel like giving the project the benefit of the doubt.  If it is able to make something of substance that is anywhere near as good as the older works, it will be worth the patience.

January 26, 2012, 11:01:15 PM
I'd rather just cut out all the shit

That's why you're frequently loathed. But only by swine. We need more firebrands and less its-all-good-yo eunuchs.

Complete collection of useful New Testament quotes:
Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

January 26, 2012, 11:06:40 PM
Dude, that's not fair.   That's just your taste.  You can't just say something sucks and then, like, that be true.  Everybody's tastes are different.  Black Sabbath is a blues band.

January 27, 2012, 02:02:30 AM
Yeah but they're saying they prefer the aesthetic of metal pop over pop pop.

Food for thought: judging albums on aesthetic alone puts them all on the level of pop, pure aesthetic.

Modify:

Adualism (thought and matter are of the same origin) translates to this as well. Aesthetic (matter) and content (idealism) must work in unison toward a goal or the result is transparent.

January 27, 2012, 02:04:46 AM
And this is a good case in which to ponder it.  Modern Burzum has the pure aesthetic of a black metal album, but once you have listened to it, it is almost as if you soul is telling you that you did not listen to black metal, but something boring and predictable that sounds like it was made on a computer.  An aesthetic doesn't make art.  It just makes the transition easier.

hahah, 1 week left man.. not 1 shirt lol

UPDATE 1/26: There are only A FEW DAYS LEFT to order! Again, this is 'print to order,' there will be NO EXTRAS AVAILABLE and this WILL NOT BE PRINTED AGAIN. This sale is ending strictly on 1/30, no exceptions. Due to a disagreement with Bigcartel and the imagery of the shirt, ALL REMAINING ORDERS must be placed directly via E-MAIL. So, when you visit http://burzum.bigcartel.com , to place an order (or if you have an order inquiry) please click on the CONTACT link and you will be responded to directly via E-MAIL. HAIL.

Come on dude, just extend it til the 31st.  I'm totally good for it.  I'll sell my own Burzum shirts in order to pay for it.