Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Metal to write stories to

Re: Metal to write stories to
October 23, 2006, 10:24:11 AM
No doubt ChristianHolocaust's term 'candy black metal' included not only heavy metal with BM vocals like CoF, but also the bands that obsess over the 'True' scene and don't innovate.

CoF or Dimmu don't say anything that hasn't been said before. Their musical structuring lacks true artistic genius and plays around basic formations that don't even compare to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. You fail also to see that lyrics are secondary in the overall musical scheme. Just because there easy to decipher doesn't make them the primary vehicle of meaning within music.

Look here and stop preaching individualism.

I didn't realise I was "preaching individualism" anyway.

What have Burzum said that hasn't been said before? HLTO is a brilliant album though, but whats the difference between it's structure and DB/CoF and what makes it genius?

I'm still looking for any more suggestions, this has just turned into an "insult the OP" thread.

No wonder your movement is failing if you all have the social skills of an undertaker who takes his job too seriously.

October 23, 2006, 12:04:56 PM
I'm still looking for any more suggestions, this has just turned into an "insult the OP" thread.

No wonder your movement is failing if you all have the social skills of an undertaker who takes his job too seriously.

Magnificient. Don't insult me, followed by an insult.

The differences between CoF and Burzum are obvious. I've wasted enough time here, and if you can't see the line between entertainment and art then you weren't meant to.

October 23, 2006, 12:27:16 PM

The differences between CoF and Burzum are obvious. I've wasted enough time here, and if you can't see the line between entertainment and art then you weren't meant to.

SHIT, DID U JUST POINT OUT SOME HIPOCRIZY INWHAT I JUST SAID? MY GOD, YOUR POWERS OF DECEPTION ARE VAST!

Please just explain the difference if it's so obvious.

What's the difference between these two songs? What makes one art and the other not?

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/cradleoffilth/duskandherembrace.html#2

and this:

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/burzum/burzum.html#5

i suspect the only answer you can come up with, is that Varg repeats a chord for about 5 minutes, repeats the same riff after that for about 10 minutes, then has a 4 hour long ambient electronic interlude playing the same 3 notes in succession, repeatedly. THATS SO MORE LIKE ART RIGHT?

euronymous

October 23, 2006, 12:41:35 PM
In the paper some music looks like nothing. It's needed to listen to it and to be able to appreciate it, in case there is something worth of appreciation.

edit: in the case of Burzum there is

October 23, 2006, 01:51:03 PM

I didn't realise I was "preaching individualism" anyway.

What have Burzum said that hasn't been said before? HLTO is a brilliant album though, but whats the difference between it's structure and DB/CoF and what makes it genius?

movement failing or not, Cof and Dimmu burger aren't making black metal progress either, but opposite are negating from it without intending to at all. you asked for bands that would inspire you, well if cradle and dimmu inspire you to write about metal your better off not writting about metal at all, or for that fact contaminating it FURTHER like Cof and Dimmu did musically.

October 23, 2006, 01:52:27 PM

i second that statement

October 23, 2006, 02:07:56 PM
movement failing or not, Cof and Dimmu burger aren't making black metal progress either, but opposite are negating from it without intending to at all. you asked for bands that would inspire you, well if cradle and dimmu inspire you to write about metal your better off not writting about metal at all, or for that fact contaminating it FURTHER like Cof and Dimmu did musically.

i'm not writing about metal. this has nothing to do with any black metal movement. you sound like everyone else here: you tell me about whatever elitist, arbitrary viewpoint you have without explaining the reasoning that goes in behind it.

October 23, 2006, 06:35:44 PM
" movement failing or not, Cof and Dimmu burger aren't making black metal progress either, but opposite are negating from it without intending to at all."

Your wrong, they ARE making black metal progress, but not in the way we want it to.

October 23, 2006, 06:48:51 PM
They are merely moving away from the origional direction of black metal and changing it to their liking. Because you do not appreciate that some art can be different while being in many ways the same you will never truly appreciate the music.

P.S. This coming from someone who does not listen to CoF and very litte DB

October 24, 2006, 04:19:11 AM
They are merely moving away from the origional direction of black metal and changing it to their liking. Because you do not appreciate that some art can be different while being in many ways the same you will never truly appreciate the music.

P.S. This coming from someone who does not listen to CoF and very litte DB

Note to Self:a new trend on anus is to like bands like cradle of fiflth and dimmu durger for the sake of being cooky and different, because of complete loss of new ways to be alternative, cool, and individualistic. "black metal is failing" so why won't we turn back to the bands that everyone used to hate and say its a new intelligent apporach to black metal., maybe even parting from black metal in a new nihlistic direction

October 24, 2006, 04:27:33 AM
and mayeb start wearing darkish red lipstick, judenhuts, piercings, mascara, eyeliner.....

October 24, 2006, 06:02:40 AM
a new trend on anus is to like bands like cradle of fiflth and dimmu durger

Nice reply to a post that states the poster rarely listens to these bands. How many hours of reading vargs rants did it take to inspire that reply?

say its a new intelligent apporach to black metal., maybe even parting from black metal in a new nihlistic direction

That is said WHERE?

Your argueing that Dimmu Borgir is unintelligent and shit, yet insults like 'dimmu durger' are used? I hate to say it, but it's because of people like you that black metal is going nowhere.

October 24, 2006, 07:03:40 AM
It is not an insult, it is a mere misconception because of a lack of care and interest, as a result of the insignificance of the subject being refered to, an attempt to make as little association with the subject, as is possible.

euronymous

October 24, 2006, 07:57:29 AM
Your argueing that Dimmu Borgir is unintelligent and shit, yet insults like 'dimmu durger' are used? I hate to say it, but it's because of people like you that black metal is going nowhere.

Can that be a reason? I find it ilogical. Please explain.

October 24, 2006, 08:28:43 AM
Are you suggesting that hypocrisy is what helps black metal progress?