Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal to write stories to

Re: Metal to write stories to
October 24, 2006, 03:40:42 PM
Are you suggesting that hypocrisy is what helps black metal progress?

I think he's suggesting that promoting devolutionary crap certainly isn't the way forward.

October 24, 2006, 04:40:23 PM
Are you suggesting that hypocrisy is what helps black metal progress?

talking about hypocrisy, here's some hypocrisy for you, a particular band claiming to be black metal, when in reality theyre just halloween frights whos music belongs in tim burton's nightmare before christmas soundtrack, and whos vocals would be appropriate for the voice acting also. the lead singer filth looks like pumpkin king too  

October 24, 2006, 06:05:49 PM

I think he's suggesting that promoting devolutionary crap certainly isn't the way forward.

he didn't say it was the way "forward", if there is a way for music to progress upon itself.

why would i like popular BM bands such as COF and DM to be different?

i can listen to anything for entertainment and i can listen to anything to appreciate it as art. there is NOTHING wrong with entertaining oneself with any kind of music (unless its something like cookie cutter rap, for obvious reasons, but even that is acceptable as long as the listener isn't taking it seriously) but most people here have an unfounded view of why DB, COF etc are terrible, when they aren't.

DB and COF made decent black metal (Principle of Evil Made Flesh, For All Tid + Stormblast), both took the genre into a different direction, and both bore the brunt of scenesters damning them for not sounding like Darkthrone any more.

Then COF went gay and DB's last album wasn't so hot, but both have had many brilliant albums.

"talking about hypocrisy, here's some hypocrisy for you, a particular band claiming to be black metal, when in reality theyre just halloween frights whos music belongs in tim burton's nightmare before christmas soundtrack, and whos vocals would be appropriate for the voice acting also. the lead singer filth looks like pumpkin king too  "

take a look at Immortals fucking terrible clown paint, Burzums frequent cheesy electronic interludes, Darkthrones contrived sound recording, and just about every bands moronic stagewear/photoshoot outfits. there isn't one "black metal" way of forming a black metal band, and its fucks like you that hold anyone else back.

October 24, 2006, 06:11:35 PM
Were you raped by the birthday clown as a child?  It's ok, you can let go of the hostility now.  It's not your fault.

October 24, 2006, 06:22:49 PM
you think i should forgive the clown who raped me?

euronymous

October 24, 2006, 06:29:24 PM
i can listen to anything for entertainment and i can listen to anything to appreciate it as art

I doubt it

there is NOTHING wrong with entertaining oneself with any kind of music

there is : life is short

most people here have an unfounded view of why DB, COF etc are terrible

unfounded?

Then COF went gay and DB's last album wasn't so hot, but both have had many brilliant albums

certainly NOT

Burzums frequent cheesy electronic interludes

OMG!

October 24, 2006, 07:31:22 PM

take a look at Immortals fucking terrible clown paint, Burzums frequent cheesy electronic interludes, Darkthrones contrived sound recording, and just about every bands moronic stagewear/photoshoot outfits. there isn't one "black metal" way of forming a black metal band, and its fucks like you that hold anyone else back.

Dissing Burzum/Immortal/Darkthrone?? On ANUS??? Incon-fucking-ceivable.

But seriously, i'm astounded that you call Burzum cheesy and criticize Immortal's image, to back up your support of DB and CoF.

October 24, 2006, 08:50:23 PM

Dissing Burzum/Immortal/Darkthrone?? On ANUS??? Incon-fucking-ceivable.

But seriously, i'm astounded that you call Burzum cheesy and criticize Immortal's image, to back up your support of DB and CoF.

i was celebrating their uniqueness (and parts of them that could be considered stupid), just as i am with DB and CoF.

why is it i make a passing referance to a couple of bands and all the thread turns into is everyone having a pop at them?

find something better to do.

euronymous you wrote a bit more shit like you normally do, but i'll say this: life isn't short, it's the longest thing we ever experience you moron.

euronymous

October 24, 2006, 09:19:59 PM
euronymous you wrote a bit more shit like you normally do, but i'll say this: life isn't short, it's the longest thing we ever experience you moron.

and you even dare to call me moron?!

;D

October 24, 2006, 10:08:57 PM

i was celebrating their uniqueness (and parts of them that could be considered stupid), just as i am with DB and CoF.

why is it i make a passing referance to a couple of bands and all the thread turns into is everyone having a pop at them?

find something better to do.

Burzum, Darkthrone, immortal have nothing cheesy about them but are serious bands. Cof and dimmu burger are an intended joke, however. you can never even think of comparing superior REAL black metal to imposter clowns. you say cof and jude have some brilliant albums, just like burzum and darkthrone, no,  they were never up there, and never will, even if darkthrone came out with some not so great albums, still they had glory at one point or the other, but not cof, nor my chemical romance, nor  Everytime i Die!

October 24, 2006, 10:56:31 PM

You might want to look here. The appearance of a band and the techniques they use to make their music are what define the quality of a band. Most good music has faults and all art is contrived to some degree. But if it has something profound to say, who cares?

October 25, 2006, 02:05:31 AM
Cradle of Filth whore image, when your listening to cradle your not hearing art, your listening to the perpetuation of image, as such most people will listen to this music because of the way it makes them feel, as opposed to the artistic appreciation one may derive from something like Burzum.

Have you ever seen the retarded teenagers on forums, telling people not to mess with them because they are extreme and listen to slipknot? Cradle is slipknot is linkin park is crap. The music is ego masturbation, what an intelligent person might call individualism.

lyrically, http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/cradleoffilth/theprincipleofevilmadeflesh.html#9

Errant references to the self, screaming individualism. At the end of the song out of the blue comes lyrics of lost love. I can't discern the link between the god bashing and the "i'm so gothique and tragic". The lyrics read like a checklist or 'how to be goth F.A.Q' It's a product, and this is the bands first full length, cradle have never aspired to art.

Musically CoF sound like a melange of BM technique applied to pop esque progressions (1, 4, 5, anyone?) and all warmed over with  keyboards, sounding like a thousand other terrible bands. Vocals are the driving force of this music, "filth has an impressive vocal range, holy wowsers its so novel, this music must be excellent." Challenge a cradle fan on a forum and their general reaction will be that the vocals and keyboards are like so awesome dude. It sounds novel, it is crap.

Being a product, the songs inspire the one dimension of the product (which in cradle's case is image)  in the listener. One experienced with metal will shun this music; each and every listen will yield the exact, static, product. Which cradle have been flogging for the entirety of their career.

Something like burzum, true art, is an attempt to express the eternal. Repeated listens will not yield the same experience, there is a world of depth and complexity contained within, one can connect with the music, not the image presented.

Blitzkrieg you have brought image into your argument, your equating the image of the bands with the art they make? You've found this site, so your probably on the right track. Reevaluating ones musical tastes and more importantly, values, takes time. Keep exploring ANUS, you will hopefully come to understand the beauty of high art and why Cradle is utterly worthless.

October 25, 2006, 09:30:08 AM
talking about hypocrisy, here's some hypocrisy for you, a particular band claiming to be black metal, when in reality theyre just halloween frights whos music belongs in tim burton's nightmare before christmas soundtrack, and whos vocals would be appropriate for the voice acting also. the lead singer filth looks like pumpkin king too  

Idiot. Go back to page 1 and look at who first called it black metal.

Half of you people don't know shit about what you are talking about. Your just going along with the other people who actualy have reasons to not like dimmu borgir and their lyrics. Too bad in an effort to make it look like your not copying anyone you fuck up your arguments and give me stupid replies like:

Sure, the answer makes sense...until you see what question it's trying to answer.

You can't honestly think someone who insults a band with stupid insults like that, insulting them for being unintelligent, is HELPING black metal can you?

October 25, 2006, 11:50:16 AM
i dont care who called them black metal on the forum, they call black metal themsleves, check out their myspace, i bet you do anyway everyday , it says "black metal" (not that i ever visited thier myspace, but i know it's there, and if you don't believe me then you check to prove me wrong) until then , this argument is settled,nobody is copying anybody else, its just obvious stupidity cannot be helped with in any other way. but its not your fault,  your just a child which thinks by crying louder people around will sacrifice their ways to meet your idea of how things are supposed to be

October 25, 2006, 12:29:14 PM
Are you retarded? You manage to go on and on without actually addressing much of what I have said.

Your using the argument which was mentioned in a previous post. I believe it was along the lines of X is shit but so is Y so X is ok.

Dimmu Borgir may be hypocritical or whatever. But does that justify being a hypocrite to insult them?

The point of the argument was a band's genre does not necesarrily mean that the band's lyrics suck. You can't argue that so you just say that dimmu borgir sucks.

Kudos to dimmu borgir for completeing Grade 10 English, unlike a certain sonofevil.

From anwers.com

"Intelligent: Showing sound judgment and rationality: an intelligent decision; an intelligent solution to the problem."

1. Burzum (Dunkelheit)

[Musikk og tekst skrevet August 1991 a.y.p.s.]

When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning.

Dimmu Borgir

[For All Time]

Every tear is frozen
Our soul is linked
Our hate is bloody
All happiness is gone away
All laughter is gone away
All life shall end in death
In a cold and deserted landscape
Shall the black horde step from
Our lord shall rise
Up for all time, rise his kingdom again
Our struggle shall be rewarded
Our names shall be written
Our minds shall pull the bough
All morality shall be cast away
You want but you die of shame
Now is the time come
Yes break the word of the good
Let us for all time become rulers on this earth

Neither of these songs are pretty stellar in the intelligence department.

Now, hold your breath and try not to insult dimmu borgir. If you actually bothered to read my posts, you would see that NOT ONCE, thats right, NOT ONCE have I claimed their lyrics are intelligent. I'm merely challenging you to think of a valid reason WHY. 'Oh they sound like shit' 'theyr candy black metal' etc etc are NOT good reasons.