Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Bitchin' and moanin'

Re: Bitchin' and moanin'
December 28, 2006, 07:14:14 PM
baroque music is particularly noted for its ease of transposing instruments and it keeping its original quality where romantic music is more about the sound of that particular instrument so if you replace that instrument with another the right notes are being played but a completely different sound is created.

If there is nothing new anyone can do on drums, bass and guitar then there is nothing new anyone can do on any combination of instruments, to say that is to say no new ground in music will ever be broken

January 21, 2007, 01:16:51 PM
All human beings should be destroyed.  We should STOP bitchin' and moanin' and ACCEPT our destruction.   Accept what's coming to us and what we deserve.  Period.

Your right.  Metal,  society in general is becoming SO self-absorbed, SO fused together by its own nonsense, that it WILL finally collapse in on itself.  It's like a very heavy, massive star which starts to fuse IRON.  IT IS DEAD.  It will die painfully, will explode violently and its undead corpse will just destroy everything it comes close to.

But not ALL stars end so negatively.  I think Metal has the potential to go out in the way that our sun will EVENTUALLY go.  Become a GIANT.  Destroy some things as it grows and when it stops expanding, it'll just be locked in a state where it shrinks and grows, shrinks and grows.  Like a puffer fish that has gone crazy and CONSTANTLY inflates and deflates.

U kno' wha' I mean?    

Yeah.  U Kno' wha' I mean.

Do U?

Azazel

January 21, 2007, 06:33:00 PM

U kno' wha' I mean?    

Yeah.  U Kno' wha' I mean.

Do U?

No.

Can't you see that people posting above are trying to put forth suggestions for longevity?

January 21, 2007, 07:01:42 PM
Crap! Your right. Sorry dude. Honestly I only read the first post.  

Um, how about mixing african tribal style of drumming with already existing elements of metal?

Have you heard that stuff?  It can be very compelling and I think it is possible to use that style of percussioning with additional synths and samples.  Maybe even with the awesome sound of guitar muting.

There's nothing wrong with fusing things to make an original composition.

Azazel

January 21, 2007, 07:33:15 PM
Crap! Your right. Sorry dude. Honestly I only read the first post.  

Um, how about mixing african tribal style of drumming with already existing elements of metal?

Have you heard that stuff?  It can be very compelling and I think it is possible to use that style of percussioning with additional synths and samples.  Maybe even with the awesome sound of guitar muting.

There's nothing wrong with fusing things to make an original composition.

Are you talking about making it like psychadelic music?

January 21, 2007, 07:48:28 PM
Nah dude, not like that boring, droning, monotonous sounding music of the sixties that just sends you to sleep.  What I mean is, let me give you an example:  have you heard the first track of The Haunted "Revolver" called No Compromise?  Well right in the beginning, the first little drum solo.  That's what I kind of mean, not EXACTLY, but thats the feel of what I mean of African tribal drumming but instead of just making it an opener for the song, have whole tracks with varieties of this kind of percussioning.

I really hope you like The Haunted otherwise you still won't understand.

Azazel

January 21, 2007, 09:13:59 PM
Nah dude, not like that boring, droning, monotonous sounding music of the sixties that just sends you to sleep.  What I mean is, let me give you an example:  have you heard the first track of The Haunted "Revolver" called No Compromise?  Well right in the beginning, the first little drum solo.  That's what I kind of mean, not EXACTLY, but thats the feel of what I mean of African tribal drumming but instead of just making it an opener for the song, have whole tracks with varieties of this kind of percussioning.

I really hope you like The Haunted otherwise you still won't understand.

I don't like the Haunted, but I come from a country where there's plenty of eastern drumming, so I can gather what you mean.

January 22, 2007, 09:27:50 AM
I really, really hope there was an element of sarcasm in whathe was saying, maybe even mockery.

January 22, 2007, 10:15:55 AM
I think people have their stengths and weaknesses.  Have you ever heard of multiple intelligences?  Sure I think it is largely bullshit, but it still emphasizes that no one is really good at everything.  For instance, you could be considered 'worthless' at physics compared to your coworker.  Are you a good athlete?  A good musician?  Do you get good grades?  In all subjects?  Good SAT scores?  Can you pick up chicks easily?  Do you pay your milss on time?  Are you punctual?  Well dressed?  Well read?

Most people say 'society is collapsing' but I need more evidence.  It's a psychological thing to consider yourself at an important time in history.  This is why most people think that Jesus is coming back within their lifetime.

I would say that there isn't a lot of good metal in this time period.  Perhaps we have to let the test of time sort out the good from the bad.  This might be a product of the ideals of the current scene though.  Especially in the black metla scene, it is important to be unheard of (kvlt) so they limit their albums to 666 copies etc.  If no one can hear the latest cutting edge metal, how are great bands supposed to rise to the top?  In the end I think the solution is to actually 'chill out and enjoy the music'...how else are you supposed to find new artists!?  Then again I think we may all just be getting too old.

Well expressed.

January 23, 2007, 09:05:01 PM
Yep.  I agree with Metalist.  Music should be to inspire your emotions, not your thoughts.  What ever mood your in, listen to the music that best suits your mood so that you may "float" within your "spirit".  When your sad or depressed, listen to melancholic stuff(doom metal, gloom metal etc).  When your pissed off, listen to fast, aggresive stuff (Thrash, Death metal, Grindcore,etc) AND SO ON..................  

January 23, 2007, 09:24:11 PM
however baroque music was almost a pure expression of thought over emotion

January 24, 2007, 02:31:32 AM
however baroque music was almost a pure expression of thought over emotion

All good music is. That's what makes Emo suck so badly.

January 24, 2007, 10:13:58 AM
but romantic music is heavily emotional, at times they even compromise music sensibilities to create an emotional effect

January 24, 2007, 04:25:16 PM
It's more than just emotional though. All good music is. It's a mood and a logic of emotions. Emo is just one unadulterated scream of angst/desire. It gets old really fast, like four seconds.