Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Why is everyone excited about Averse Sefira?

Why is everyone excited about Averse Sefira?
October 25, 2006, 05:22:16 PM
I don't get it, other than that it's one of the first American Black Metal bands.  I bought their newest album and it isn't very far removed from Darkthrone to be honest.  Not interesting or new at all.  Why should I listen to this when music like this already exists, almost identically?

Re: Why is everyone excited about Averse Serira?
October 25, 2006, 05:42:25 PM
Just don't listen it then.

October 25, 2006, 06:38:44 PM
Because they are American, and making records. If they were Norwegian and made records during 1992-1995, no-one would care about them.

Pretty average, all in all.

Viriatus

October 25, 2006, 06:52:18 PM
I also think that they are hugely overrated in this forum. Havohej it's the same thing. Here nationalism speaks louder than objectivenesses.

October 25, 2006, 07:39:15 PM
I also think that they are hugely overrated in this forum. Havohej it's the same thing. Here nationalism speaks louder than objectivenesses.

...which explains the fanatical Belial and Demilich support.

October 25, 2006, 07:41:45 PM

Given that neither band you cite was even so much as involved in nationalist agitation (much less did they put it in their records), this would seem to be a classic example of you speaking from a position of supreme ignorance...

October 25, 2006, 08:51:46 PM
Look at the interview with them.

They aren't idiots, like 95% of black metal.

October 25, 2006, 09:15:12 PM
They are smarter than average guys whom are far removed from the usual degeneracy of metal, that alone is deserving of praise.
I don't really see a big comparison between them and Darkthrone, I would have suggested they were more like a faster version of Graveland but without the fascist overtones (just in case you liberals start twisting your panties). The implicit complexity of Graveland is often missed as morons have difficulty detecting the subtle textures in their sound. Much in the same way that most morons don't see the greater picture of old Slayer.
The latest Averse Sefira album is exactly like that, most people probably won't get it but there ought to be enough intensity and fast paced action for even the dullest person to 'enjoy' it.

October 25, 2006, 09:43:36 PM
They are smarter than average guys whom are far removed from the usual degeneracy of metal, that alone is deserving of praise.
 I don't really see a big comparison between them and Darkthrone, I would have suggested they were more like a faster version of Graveland but without the fascist overtones (just in case you liberals start twisting your panties). The implicit complexity of Graveland is often missed as morons have difficulty detecting the subtle textures in their sound. Much in the same way that most morons don't see the greater picture of old Slayer.
The latest Averse Sefira album is exactly like that, most people probably won't get it but there ought to be enough intensity and fast paced action for even the dullest person to 'enjoy' it.

It's not that it's not "fast enough" or anything like that.  It's that I listened to the whole album expecting to here something original, and that never happened.  Not even a combination of several different influences.  Just the same hypnotic style of Black Metal that's been around since Transylvanian Hungar.

October 25, 2006, 10:17:15 PM

It's not that it's not "fast enough" or anything like that.  It's that I listened to the whole album expecting to here something original, and that never happened.  Not even a combination of several different influences.  Just the same hypnotic style of Black Metal that's been around since Transylvanian Hungar.

You should try again if you somehow see any of their work in line with DARKTHRONE, stylistically.

October 26, 2006, 07:21:05 PM
Because ANUS is based in Texas and they are biased in favor of their local scene.  See also: Absu, Dead Horse, Acerbus.

That is the right answer.

October 27, 2006, 08:44:20 PM
1. There are lots of bands in Texas. We promote a few that our writer for the DLA thinks is good. Note: not all bands from Texas are included in the DLA. Take a browse around http://www.anus.com/metal/about/texas_metal and you'll see we're selective.

2. The music of Averse Sefira speaks for itself, but many people have been listening to shit like Lja for so long they've forgotten what quality is.

3. Rise above, and there's always tarantulas to bicker. If you haven't read the right philosopher, that sentence will be meaningless and you should transpose upon it the words YOU ARE A POSER LOL.

4. ANUS is not a troll. My style as a writer is both sardonic and serious at once. My goal is to pass on knowledge. If you only see life as a trolling, and don't see trolling as a means to an end, you're dysfunctional and why bother coming here?

5. Tell me there's not romantic imagination in Blasphomet Sin Abset and I'll wonder what parts of Wordsworth, Donne and Beethoven you didn't get.

October 28, 2006, 12:44:25 AM
I didn't just mean this site.  I meant the metal community in general.  I wasn't trying to say that it was an Anus thing, whether it is or not.  I just wanted to know what the big deal about a band that sounds like so many 90s bands was.

Annihilaytorr

Re: Why is everyone excited about Averse Sefira?
November 03, 2006, 01:50:15 AM
Ah fudge, I shoulda used that Don't Mess With Texas bumper stickers now on sale at anus.com/gift_shop joke here instead.