Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Why deconstruct evil?

Why deconstruct evil?
January 22, 2012, 06:24:29 PM
Why deconstruct evil?

If you are unhappy with the word evil, why don't you take the next step and deconstruct the word "chair", or something?

What's the point? Only evil deserves to be deconstructed because only children adhere to concepts of good and evil?

If someone comes and say "I think the concept of degenerate sex should be re-evalued... It should not address inserting banana up my male ass while I sodomize a dog. That's christian morality"

What I mean is there is some interest behind the deconstruction.

I go so far as to state that the struggle between good and evil defines our whole human existence.

The only difference is not that good and evil does not exist for some, there are two things:

1. The conceptions of good and evil change from person to person or group

2. Some people alternate between different models of good and evil, in fact all do (for example, in times of great pressure it can change) but the psychopatic do not have a standart good/evil model, but they always do have one (hardly you will see a psychopath accepting to be maimed - that would be evil for him? Unless he/she gets sexually aroused or something - in that case the excitement would be good).

The only people who trasncend that shit are the ones who transcended a lot more. I mean, why should the person who transcended good & evil be the one torturing innocents? Does that mean he has transcended?

Good and evil may not exist... but im from the path where to transcend that, you get first knee-deep in the good and evil shit until you bypass it.... and then there's death.

Re: Why deconstruct evil?
January 22, 2012, 06:36:52 PM
Evil: (EE' vill) (1)  - An adjective used to describe a person or behavior that is the biggest threat or scapegoat of he who calls himself good (2) - A noun used to desrcibe somethng that absolutely doesn't exist except to increase the power of one who calls himself good

January 23, 2012, 11:18:28 PM
I'm not sure that I see your point.

My first thought is that you're getting stuck on semantics. As free spirits, in order to assess what is good and what is evil we must deconstruct those concepts and then put them back together in a way that makes sense to us. You have already deconstructed evil yourself in your own analysis.

The problem with "good and evil" is that they seek to attribute inherent value to symbols and these symbols can then be used as a passive means of exercising control . Modern morality is full of this kind of stuff - the concept of equality is probably the biggest example of value originating from an interest being superimposed over reality.

Broadly speaking this kind of dualism has two kinds of followers:- those who use the concepts to further their own political ends (they may or may not 'believe' in the value of those concepts but probably most do) and those who follow it because they lack the mental capacity to analyze what they have been told. Obviously there will be some variance in the actual concepts between individuals but, apart from at the fringes, it will be possible to group those variances into broad categories to form a 'prevailing morality'.

That doesn't mean we need to reject good and evil entirely. Not all of the values you were taught at school were worthless. However, the constant barrage of messages everyone is subjected to nowadays by the media means that you have to wade through a lot of shit. This is particularly difficult for the young because they lack the experience and wisdom to filter out this crap and are therefore far more likely to be influenced by it.

So, to get back to your original question, it's not necessarily that we reject evil but that we reject the modern notion of evil. To be honest, I could probably have saved myself the bother of typing this and simply have referred you to 'On the Genealogy of Morals'. Modern morality is the inversion of natural order.

January 23, 2012, 11:32:24 PM
I am opposed to all deconstruction.

Do not sever cause from effect from context.

To do so is evil... to see the part (reign in hell) versus the whole (hierarchy of heaven and earth).

But hell, too, is part of that hierarchy. No point deconstructing.