Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Satyricon?

Satyricon?
October 29, 2006, 12:03:01 PM
I just joined this forum to say I really couldnt find anything about Satyricon... even if they had one of the most popular Black Metal songs/music video in the 90's. The song Mother North...
They have sold very well lately... Maybe got a lil bit comercial... But they wasnt back there with their first album Dark Medevil Times<3

That's it, I've complained =P

Re: Satyricon?
October 29, 2006, 01:09:04 PM
I think their first LP was released early enough to warrant a mentioning on this site.  Their music today is , however, not worth a mention on any site (with exception to this sentence).

October 29, 2006, 01:37:47 PM
Mother North is actually one of their old songs =P
And their first album was what I call good black metal with a better message then very much of the other BM I have ever heard =P
They have some old good albums =)
I never said their new ones was any good... But they do have a good song here and there between all the comercial crap =o

October 29, 2006, 01:44:26 PM
The three first albums where great, then things went downhill...

October 29, 2006, 02:01:53 PM

Sounds like another band(s).....like one that starts with the letter M.

October 29, 2006, 07:31:13 PM
This band was always a follower.

Annihilaytorr

October 29, 2006, 09:24:07 PM
Satyricon gets unfairly treated as a "me too" band here.  A pity, as Nemesis Divina is classic stuff.

Sounds like all metal bands, actually.

Annihilaytorr

October 29, 2006, 09:49:39 PM
Satyricon were not imitators, but they didn't fully separate their sound from their friends and influences enough to satisfy some listeners.  People seem to think they were total posers, but if that were the case I doubt Enslaved and Darkthrone would have worked so close with them.  Listening to them is more rewarding than say, Gorgoroth, in my mind.  

October 30, 2006, 08:37:42 AM
Satyricon were not imitators, but they didn't fully separate their sound from their friends and influences enough to satisfy some listeners.  People seem to think they were total posers, but if that were the case I doubt Enslaved and Darkthrone would have worked so close with them.  Listening to them is more rewarding than say, Gorgoroth, in my mind.  

No, that's because Satyricon made candy coated black metal easier to digest than the first two Gorogorth albums.  All it takes is time to realize this.  I used to prefer 'Dark Medievil Times' to the first two Gorgoroth albums too.

October 30, 2006, 08:47:50 AM
I would take a Gorgoroth over a Satyricon any day. That's not to say they're shit, but i think Gorgoroth had something more to them.

October 30, 2006, 08:54:33 AM

No, that's because Satyricon made candy coated black metal easier to digest than the first two Gorogorth albums.  All it takes is time to realize this.  I used to prefer 'Dark Medievil Times' to the first two Gorgoroth albums too.

How long until you realise Burzum is also candy coated black metal?

euronymous

October 30, 2006, 09:01:51 AM
Gonna listen to the first Burzum album right now to celebrate it. And may be DMT too.

Annihilaytorr

October 30, 2006, 09:30:42 AM
Newer Satyricon is "candy coated", but so are most Black Metal bands after a couple albums. The old stuff was classic, true Norse BM, but I don't care to get into a debate over this band as there were better bands out before.  

Maybe someday I will "get" Gorgoroth, but as of yet the goofy vocals and the general feeling that Emperor did it better on Wrath of the Tyrant colors every listening I devote to them.

I won't justify the Burzum comment with a response.

Dunkelheit

October 30, 2006, 11:49:20 AM
Was Satyricon removed from the Dark Legion Archives? I'm pretty sure I remember there being a review or two from them but they're not in the band list anymore. Why were they removed?