Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

HBD

HBD
January 26, 2012, 04:37:50 AM
Warning: go no further if you are afraid of social repercussions, the opinions of parents/authority figures/peers, or violating moral codes.

HBD = Human Bio-Diversity, or acknowledgement of the differences among humans. Individuals, classes, castes, races, ethnies, genders, ages and local groups.

Your genes could be a strong predictor of whether you stray into a life of crime, according to a research paper co-written by UT Dallas criminologist Dr. J.C. Barnes.

The study's findings were detailed in a recent issue of Criminology. The paper was written with Dr. Kevin M. Beaver from Florida State University and Dr. Brian B. Boutwell at Sam Houston State University.

The study focused on whether genes are likely to cause a person to become a life-course persistent offender, which is characterized by antisocial behavior during childhood that can later progress to violent or serious criminal acts later in life.

The framework for the research was based on the developmental taxonomy of anti-social behavior, a theory derived by Dr. Terri Moffitt, who identified three groups, or pathways, found in the population: life-course persistent offenders, adolescent-limited offenders and abstainers. Moffitt suggested that environmental, biological and, perhaps, genetic factors could cause a person to fall into one of the paths.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120125151841.htm#.TyDRToJVqpM.facebook

In fact, I highly recommend reading Stephen Pinker's The Blank Slate. All is genetics.

Re: HBD
January 26, 2012, 07:05:24 AM
Do you feel that genes are a straitjacket? A jail cell from which there can be no escape?
Is it possible a man may evolve himself to be more than the genes he started with?
For example: a man may learn much, from others. This may be the sum of all that man will ever know.
But are there not men who may use what they have learned as a launchpad from which to attain heights far beyond that prior learning?
This is 'thought', is it not? As opposed to parroting.
A few men are able to think.
And having this ability, are they not able to transcend the known, and begin to plumb the unknown?
And in so doing, be able, possibly, to transcend thought, altogether, and enter the realm of...

January 26, 2012, 03:47:32 PM
Do you feel that genes are a straitjacket? A jail cell from which there can be no escape?
Is it possible a man may evolve himself to be more than the genes he started with?
For example: a man may learn much, from others. This may be the sum of all that man will ever know.
But are there not men who may use what they have learned as a launchpad from which to attain heights far beyond that prior learning?
This is 'thought', is it not? As opposed to parroting.
A few men are able to think.
And having this ability, are they not able to transcend the known, and begin to plumb the unknown?
And in so doing, be able, possibly, to transcend thought, altogether, and enter the realm of...

Genes could also predict whether someone will have the will-power to do this.  Nietzsche believed you could stop time and continually study one moment and figure out what was going to happen from that point on.  There is very little you control with your wiill, I believe.

January 26, 2012, 06:43:03 PM
Stopping time!
There's a concept that I subscribe to. I would be dead, several times over, had I not been able to do this.

January 26, 2012, 07:41:14 PM
Heh.  For those who misunderstand my bad communication skills, Nietzsche did not actually believe you could stop time.  He was just making a point about if you go down to the molecular level, all things are pre-ordained.  The cause of me typing this happened a long time ago.

January 26, 2012, 09:05:02 PM
Whatever Nietzsche may have thought, is of no consequence to me, although I have heard he was a consummately clever chap.
I have discovered that it is, indeed, possible to stop time.
What I do not know is the process by which this is possible, or even if there is a process to it.
Probably the removal of process is what allows it to manifest. Emergencies are good for this.
Time can be stopped, or perhaps suspended.
I see this as the real meaning of the idea of immortality.
When a moment can become eternal, what else could you call it?

January 27, 2012, 12:31:26 AM
Very interesting crow.

Perhaps all individual moments are eternal - our experience of time is certainly subjective and can change.

Should what you do in this moment be the best you can possibly achieve, for it is eternal?

January 27, 2012, 02:12:55 AM
If it isn't your best, it can not be eternal.

January 27, 2012, 04:02:50 AM
If it isn't your best, it can not be eternal.

You know if you're going to wander here from Amerika (where your comments have frequently entertained and enlightened) the least you could do is listen to metal. You can time-extend all the good parts with your special powers or whatever.

January 27, 2012, 05:46:55 AM
That must a different crow. This one only listens to bagpipes and Confederate Anthems.