Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Taoism.

Re: Taoism.
June 05, 2013, 03:55:03 PM
I've never mentioned "using" animals in such a way.
Nothing gets used in this interaction.
It is a very pure form of communication, the likes of which humans rarely experience.
The bat is like a bat, and if the human is not comatose, he sees this, and communes with the bat.
None teach yet both learn.

June 05, 2013, 05:19:51 PM
I did not mean use it as using it's corpse or something. I meant the same way you said now, but there are a lot of different concepts that for different people, distinct animals represent. Not that this nullifies the truth of the concepts. It's aspectal, about Aspects of the beings, right.

June 05, 2013, 05:29:17 PM
It's no more than observation. What is a bat? What does it do? How does it live its life? How does it fit into its environment?
Vs. what is a human, etc...

Bats haven't forgotten what bats are, probably because bats never got around to defining themselves, whereas humans mostly have forgotten what humans are.
Bats may remind humans how to be human, while incorporating the best attributes of being a bat.

June 05, 2013, 07:26:05 PM
I feel you, my white brotha. Too bad I'm not a forest guy like you. Maybe in the future.

I got together with a christian group that has a version of boyscouts. I almost died of exhaustion when going up a hill with them. Then I kind of abandoned them because of some problems. I'll see if I come back to them... the protestant christianity was really off-putting though.

Latin pride!!!

June 05, 2013, 08:02:08 PM
Well, Christianity has run up against insoluble problems that were two millennia in the making.
I tried, for a long time, to ally myself with them, and have them see that I was not their enemy.
But, like them good ol' nazi boys, back in the day, they can only see it as being them, or being enemy.

Back to bats and animal totems: creatures don't define or understand stuff. They are what they are in proximity to. There is no distinction between it and them. A woodpecker sat in my hand for half an hour: it didn't know where it ended and I began. Because there was no woodpecker, and nothing that was not a woodpecker.

June 06, 2013, 01:19:37 AM
Yea, I once saw some little monkeys looking all monkeelike and stuff, and then I realized how much the movements of the monkes fused with the tree, it is like he was part of the tree. They were not swinging in the branches, one of them was walking along the vertical axis of the tree. This way you can see the interaction better, than if they just jump the branches

June 07, 2013, 09:19:37 AM
A woodpecker sat in my hand for half an hour: it didn't know where it ended and I began. Because there was no woodpecker, and nothing that was not a woodpecker.
That is truly beautiful :)

Jesus is the son of man. To Him/it there is nothing there isn't man. Very few understand this, and very few of the ones who understand are 'christians'.

Man is an intuitive animal, and can commune with all things by simply letting reality enter into his being. Jesus understood this - but nobody understood Jesus.

Yeah, I walk a bit with Jesus myself. I hang out on the cross :)

But I don't really mak a big fuss about it, and I very rarely speak about it, because almost nobody understands. I would call myself a christian if the world truly understood what that means, but since it doesn't, I don't. Words like 'christianity' only adds to the confusion.

June 07, 2013, 06:15:31 PM
That is truly beautiful :)

It may be. But it would take you to recognize it.

I was going to PM you, but I'll make a comment of it:

You have - at a stroke - ended my career. That sounds odd, but it's a very good thing.
I've been writing on the internet for years now, ever since the enlightenment I experienced in Mexico, back in 1994.
Millions of words, almost none of which were understood by anybody. I've been called every kind of bad thing, for my troubles, and if I didn't know who I was, would probably not have survived the relentless assaults.

I discovered something, out there in the Sonoran Desert, that almost nobody knows. All the evidence pointed to nobody knowing it. I found myself alone in the rarefied environment occupied by Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu, and very few others in human history. Nobody had any idea of what I was talking about. Only animals and birds recognized it. And, as foreseen in a dream, my future wife, on the far side of the planet.

And then I ran into you. This feels like a relay-race, where, after having given my all, I have passed the baton, and at last, my race is run.

I hope the rest of you characters know how fortunate you are to share this site with 03-04. He is the real thing.
The Internet Guru who almost wasn't, because he was too humble to recognize how powerful he was.
Respect him. Listen to him. Encourage him. While I enjoy my new-found retirement :)

June 08, 2013, 09:59:03 AM
Thank you for your encouragement, crow. It is greatly appreciated.

I think I am more in the world of man, whereas you are in the world of nature. But man is nature too, though often very twisted. As a rule, man thinks the world upside down and doesn't realize it.

I am frequently -- sometimes, I feel, all too frequently -- in the company of other people. I live in a city, even though I rather wouldn't. But at this time it can't be any different, so I get by. In reality I find more wisdom in the trees, the water, the air and the animals than I do in people. But since people at this time is a greater factor in my life than nature is -- at least a more time-consuming one -- I have to cultivate what little wisdom I can. In myself, in others and in myself in accordance with others.

This means I very rarely get the chance to speak my mind naturally. But you do nothing but.

You are nature. I am a man rediscovering myself as nature.

(I know that to know another being you just have to pay attention to the details of what that being is (not-)doing. Strangely enough, something as 'anonymous' and insignificant as postings on the internet can provide a window into other people's souls).

Enjoy your retirement, if that is what it is. I hope you'll still be commenting from time to time -- at least on Amerika. As you know, I enjoy your comments very much, and have frequently found myself meditating upon their meaning.

I do hope there are others out there who understand the value of simple truth when they hear it.

Or are you just retiring as a professional internet-guru yourself, and from now on exclusively using the net for recreational purposes?

June 08, 2013, 06:01:38 PM
Funny the way things work...
Some years back, an Indian guru corresponded with me, regularly, seeking insight.
I told him he had it all backwards: westerners go looking for Indians, for counsel, not vice-versa.
Finally we lost contact, and years passed.
Today he shows up again, wanting to re-establish contact :)

Go figure.