Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Global warming

Re: Global warming
December 10, 2013, 11:50:34 PM
It is important to understand that "global warming" rests on the unproven assumption that there is such thing as a global climate. The earth and life will persist regardless of the changes caused by industrial society.

December 11, 2013, 12:07:20 AM
It is important to understand that "global warming" rests on the unproven assumption that there is such thing as a global climate.

I don't consider that unproven.

The earth and life will persist regardless of the changes caused by industrial society.

This one, on the other hand...

December 11, 2013, 12:34:39 AM
I'm willing to consider otherwise but I shall need to see the proof.

December 11, 2013, 01:46:10 AM

Also, "So you believe what you want to believe, especially if you think it is a good thing." has been used around here before as a legitimate defense for believing in God. How is it acceptable then, but not when I'm (accused) of doing it?

If you're referring to me, personally, I would have to observe that I never defend, nor get defensive about a belief in God, whatever God is.
My personal understanding of "God" needs no defense. It is evident to me; as evident as the weather. It just is. I didn't get it from the media, from religion, from science, from popular opinion, or from anything else.
Which is my whole point, really.
I hold no view I did not arrive at by myself, through my own senses, reasoning, and experience.
The only reason I expound at all on anything I may expound upon, is so others may be encouraged to arrive at the unlikely - but wholly beneficial - state in which I now find myself.

I don't know why I bother, though, sometimes. Clearly, being content seems not to be a goal many people consider worthy of consideration.

January 05, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
The National Weather Service warned Sunday that much of the United States will see this week the coldest temperatures in almost 20 years as an arctic cold front descends on 140 million people.

"A piece of a polar vortex, the coldest air in the Northern Hemisphere ... is coming," CNN Meteorologist Alexandra Steele said.

And in addition to the cold, there will be heavy snow in the eastern Plains and Great Lakes, as much as a foot Sunday.

Temperatures will be 30 to 50 degrees below average Sunday from the Plains to the Upper Mississippi Valley, forecasters said.

By Wednesday, nearly half the nation will shudder in temperatures of zero or lower, forecasters said. Even the Deep South will endure single-digit or sub-zero temperatures.

http://www.cbs58.com/news/national-news/Record-breaking-cold-possible-across-much-of-US--238784601.html

Climate change is nothing unusual in the history of the universe. Global warming isn't happening however.