Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Guilty of being white

Guilty of being white
January 30, 2012, 04:58:53 AM
Charles Campbell knew nothing about the rent issue when DiGuglielmo Sr. asked him to move his car to another parking lot, not far away. Campbell refused and went to buy the pizza. So the Deli owner did what local police had advised him to do, post a "no parking" sticker on the window of Campbell's Corvette.

When Campbell saw what was happening he raced across the busy street. Rich Jr. says he stepped between Campbell and his father, hands raised, trying to calm Campbell. That's when Rich Jr. says Campbell threw the first punch, "It was like getting hit by a hammer. They were hammer blows. He just was outta control. He was someone who didn't want to listen to reason or anything like that at the time."

According to the DiGuglielmos, it took all three family members to subdue the athletic Campbell, who finally threw up his hands and said, "That's it. I've had enough!"

At that point, Rich Jr., went into the deli, he says. Campbell then walked over to his car and Rich Sr. followed him to hand him his cell phone and a sweatshirt that had come off during the fight.

But instead of getting in the Corvette and driving away, Campbell went to the trunk and pulled out a metal baseball bat.

He struck the elder DiGuglielmo twice, shattering his kneecap and then cracking his wrist.

From inside the deli, Rich Jr. saw Campbell swinging the bat at his father, so he reached under the cash register and grabbed a gun. Rich Jr. says, "From the time that bat came out to the time it was over, it was a matter of four seconds, five seconds. My training just kicked in."

Rich Jr. ran outside and fired three times, hitting Charles Campbell squarely in the chest.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/justice/diguglielmo-new-york-deli-killing/index.html?iref=obinsite

White, black, Italian? Who gives a shit. This was self-defense against a crazed churchgoing hyperviolent boxer.

Why is this man in jail at all?

The black community should thank him for the positive eugenics.

The white community should wake the fuck up and stop being such pussies. Self-defense is a valid right and when you deny it, you make a hateful self-destructive society (like New York: all shoppping and no soul).

Re: Guilty of being white
January 30, 2012, 07:42:16 AM
There's something really perverse about the criminalization of self-defense. It creates a deep sense of helplessness and despair in both individuals and communities. Unfortunately, it is just another one of the absurdities that is now taken for granted as 'normal' in this culture. It has gone on so long that there are significant numbers of people who instinctively view people like the shooter in this case as malevolent and transgressive simply for meeting violence with violence. I suspect that this emotional reaction is a way of overcoming their own sense of humiliation and emasculation by identifying their morality with that of the legal bureaucracy. That way it 'feels' like it's a choice they've arrived at through moral reasoning, rather than a condition of weakness imposed upon them from without.

January 30, 2012, 02:39:33 PM
There's something really perverse about the criminalization of self-defense. It creates a deep sense of helplessness and despair in both individuals and communities. Unfortunately, it is just another one of the absurdities that is now taken for granted as 'normal' in this culture.
Liberalism dictates that everybody is a victim.  If you defend yourself, that is prevent yourself from being victimized, you are killing their ideology.  If being a victim is, at least in part, a choice, then that means people have to be held accountable for their actions and be held to certain expectations / standards.

January 30, 2012, 07:08:27 PM
Can I be a victim of being forced to defend myself, against my pacifist nature?
That'd be good.
Squawk!

January 30, 2012, 08:18:28 PM
Here in the North East, a man was arrested for shooting a guy climbing into his window at 3:00AM in the morning. It paralyzed him, and he sued. He won and the husband was sent to prison. Turns out the guy he shot was a convicted rapist.