Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Killing ourselves to live

Killing ourselves to live
January 30, 2012, 05:02:55 AM
Two centuries or so ago, we decided to cut our society free from a center. No longer would we unify ourselves with transcendental values such as culture, values, spirituality and aristocracy, but we would focus on the body. Specifically, the equality of anyone who had one.

Ever since that time, our society has been a merry-go-round of blame. We started by blaming the kings, then we blamed the wealthy, then we blamed the Church, and then a series of political enemies from Anarchists to Hitlers. In each case we were told that someone was to blame, and if we removed them, Utopia would reign.

http://www.amerika.org/politics/circle-of-blame/

It's true. Our free and democratic society cannot survive without a Hitler, Mao, Stalin or Ghaddafi to fight.

We must blame others for our own dysfunction. Like the Nazis blamed the Jews. Or the Communists blamed the Christians. Or the industrialists blamed the Anarchists.

We live for our hatred, and disguise it as love.

Re: Killing ourselves to live
January 30, 2012, 04:54:23 PM
This is how leaders stay in power.  They use symbols of the culture (Hitler used Thor and Swastikas and George W. Bush used Eagles and flags) and then they find a person to blame, so that this way as long as the world is a war zone, the leader will always wield much greater power than otherwise.  This is the result of letting culture die.  These tyrant styled rulers control people with mob rule and getting people's hatreds against one other group.  It usually follows trends toward consumerism and increased policing.  You give up your culture at your own peril, because others will use it against you.

January 30, 2012, 07:05:41 PM
I don't blame anybody for anything. Not even myself.
Blame is a refusal to accept reality.
I have three cats: they blame each other.
They accept reality, but like to fight.
I accept that (:>

February 03, 2012, 04:32:52 AM
We are in this situation because we are corrupted, despicable, and fallen.  It is now becoming universal, but it should be used to drive home hard lessons to idealists.  When people become base and subhuman they start to justify their station and environment.