Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What free filehost should we use?

Re: What free filehost should we use?
May 10, 2012, 09:58:31 PM
Mediafire is losing more and more content daily, I'm leaning towards either an active dc++ room or a private torrent. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the DLA needs to be reworked at this point because of all of the pages that have been axed. Someone needs to make a decision as to where the DLA will be hosted and in what capacity.

edit: Some important pages are completely fucked (burzum) while others are mostly unscathed. I do think we could get away with putting up files with titles using only consonants, but I'm not convinced that this is really all that secure.

May 10, 2012, 10:52:44 PM
edit: Some important pages are completely fucked (burzum) while others are mostly unscathed. I do think we could get away with putting up files with titles using only consonants, but I'm not convinced that this is really all that secure.

Mediafire took down some of my uploads that I wrote in only consonants, so that idea didn't work.  In the note I got about it, it looks like a numeric code is associated with the file itself and this is how they find things.

May 11, 2012, 12:19:04 AM
I had a feeling that was the case, I'm uploading most of the burzum discography because I saw that nothing was available, I'll put the links in the audiofile and hopefully they will stay up until we come up with a permanent solution.

As time allows I'll upload whatever I have that is missing and post it, I don't know who else is active in the audiofile, but if someone else is working on a solution and needs assistance I'm willing to help.

May 11, 2012, 04:25:07 PM

Mediafire took down some of my uploads that I wrote in only consonants, so that idea didn't work.  In the note I got about it, it looks like a numeric code is associated with the file itself and this is how they find things.

You can probably get away with this if you encrypt the archive with a password.  Perhaps we should  standardize on a password that we put on all new mediafire uploads like 'Sodomy4Life'.

May 11, 2012, 06:55:03 PM

You can probably get away with this if you encrypt the archive with a password.  Perhaps we should  standardize on a password that we put on all new mediafire uploads like 'Sodomy4Life'.

that's not a bad idea, I could experiment with that.  I also don't want to give the wrong impression of Mediafire in general, besides the 2 files taken down everything else has worked out well with using it.

May 16, 2012, 06:14:54 AM
Every single burzum album I uploaded got DMCA'd. Going to wait to reupload them when I get some sort of other bright idea.

May 17, 2012, 10:04:07 PM
Just for the hell of it I uploaded Blessed Are the Sick and password protected with "Sodomy4Life" (case sensitive I assume).  We'll see how long it lasts.  See Morbid Angel thread