Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Healthy Plan for Marriage

Healthy Plan for Marriage
February 01, 2012, 02:28:14 PM
Someone posted this on Facebook in an attempt to criticize Biblical marriage.

To me, it looks like a pretty healthy plan that points out some flaws with modern society:

I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

Re: Healthy Plan for Marriage
February 01, 2012, 03:11:00 PM
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

February 01, 2012, 08:35:15 PM
I like them all except the rape, prisoners of war and the slaves. Rape is obviously not cool and prisoners of war and slaves aren't something you want in your bloodline.

February 01, 2012, 09:26:12 PM
If marriages are religious practices, then they need to be only the jurisdiction of the church, and not up for any legal battle over what is or isn't right.  Other than that, if you say someone is in your family, that should be good enough for anyone else. 

If the culture were stronger, any union that was immoral or anti-natural would be banished, without the assistance of mob rule politics.

As far as rape and enslavement go, well most civilized governments ban those practices, so they aren't even up for debate.

February 02, 2012, 03:03:41 AM
As extreme as that list may sound to our modern ears, if it had been followed it would have eliminated about 50% of the misery of my childhood friends and self.

This is also relevant:

http://www.marriedmansexlife.com/2010/03/10-critical-things-in-how-to-choose.html

February 03, 2012, 02:19:41 AM
1. Nuclear Family: Ideal. Should be a virgin. Arranged by wise parents would be better than 50%+ divorce rate and broken families.

2. If Widow does not have a child, she should have one by the brother to continue family line. Unlike modern society, after marriage she is part of the male's family.

3. Concubines: I'm not for it, but high end genetic material could reproduce at a higher rate.

4. Rapist must pay father. Seems like a good solution, esp. with possibility of woman lying and claiming rape. If she lost her virginity to a man, she should marry him + he has to be responsible for her.

5. Woman's property is man's property. Yes as head of household.

6. Prisoners of war: Kill the males, steal the virgins, spread your seed. Warlike + this is how Iceland started. Would also better represent male role as warrior / defender and backbone of society. If males fail, society is destroyed.

7. Polygany: If the male can manage it and is of high genetic worth, might be beneficial.

7. Slave + Slave: I don't like slavery, but it would make sense for masters to breed their slaves similar to how one treats dogs/cattle.
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

February 03, 2012, 02:43:14 AM
Yeah, I can't go for the concubines aspect either. It seems degenerate and I can't put my finger on why.

If genetic material needs to reproduce more thoroughly, we need bigger families among the more meritorious... those children can in turn be meritorious and have more children as well.

Those who cheat on spouses should be dealt with severely...

A culture of mutual respect and necessity, a system of courtship, etc. all seem to fit into this.

February 03, 2012, 09:56:51 PM
1. Nuclear Family: Ideal. Should be a virgin. Arranged by wise parents would be better than 50%+ divorce rate and broken families.

2. If Widow does not have a child, she should have one by the brother to continue family line. Unlike modern society, after marriage she is part of the male's family.

3. Concubines: I'm not for it, but high end genetic material could reproduce at a higher rate.

4. Rapist must pay father. Seems like a good solution, esp. with possibility of woman lying and claiming rape. If she lost her virginity to a man, she should marry him + he has to be responsible for her.

5. Woman's property is man's property. Yes as head of household.

6. Prisoners of war: Kill the males, steal the virgins, spread your seed. Warlike + this is how Iceland started. Would also better represent male role as warrior / defender and backbone of society. If males fail, society is destroyed.

7. Polygany: If the male can manage it and is of high genetic worth, might be beneficial.

7. Slave + Slave: I don't like slavery, but it would make sense for masters to breed their slaves similar to how one treats dogs/cattle.
1. Not ideal if its an exceptional man of whom we want many more of. Such a man requires many wives, preferably the daughters of other such distinguished men.

2. Agreed

3. Its ok if the concubines are sterilized and purely for enjoyment. May be considered disrespectful to the true wives however, so I'm not in favor.

4. I believe if it was a clear case of rape, the man should be murdered by the womans family. The virgin shouldn't be married to her rapist in any circumstance, that is insanity. To me this is the worst form of marriage on the chart.

5. No slaves, the institution of slavery has been humanities curse (by allowing the idiotic to live)

6. The virgins harbor genetics that the losers have, do you want your kids to be the grandson of a loser? Sterilize if you want but certainly no breeding. Similar to 3

7. Best form for the best men.

Double 7. SLAVES MUST DIE, NO SLAVES, NO PRISONERS, NO WEAKNESS. PICK YOUR OWN DAMN CROPS.

February 04, 2012, 07:28:50 PM
6. The virgins harbor genetics that the losers have, do you want your kids to be the grandson of a loser? Sterilize if you want but certainly no breeding. Similar to 3
This one isn't really accurate. Though a man/tribe/nation may fall in battle, that does not mean they are of poor genetic stock. Northern European pagan religions in particular speak against this notion - a worthwhile man was expected to die in battle eventually. Of course, in the event that said people were defeated without much of a fight(e.g. France in WW2), you are correct. But many of those who have, throughout history, lost a war were nevertheless men of immense strength and will - Hannibal, Arminius, Robert E. Lee, Crazy Horse, Spartans, the lone Norse defender of Stamford Bridge, and his lord King Harald Sigurdsson, who were defeated by the Anglo-Saxon King Harold II, a mighty man in his own right who himself was defeated only weeks later by William the Conqueror, are just a few very obvious examples.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

February 05, 2012, 04:55:15 AM
Many of those virgins would be very aggressive and able to be used effectively in battlefield situations, if they were not products of broken realities.  The driving impetus of many migrations and invasions is that of aggressive men who cannot compete with the established locals.  They go and colonize new areas time and time again.  The virgin loser at home in Norway went to Kiev, and if he was smart, fortunate, and did not die, could have done well for himself.  Women are attracted to security and wealth because it allows them to feel safe, thus they will select for someone which has those characteristics.  However, they are also attracted to other traits that many people can cultivate more simply by discipline alone: physical strength and being stubborn.

Cultures that place limits on sexual practice are still today rather aggressive.

February 05, 2012, 05:32:50 AM
The rise of feminism has, I think, proven once and for all that that hypergamous promiscuity is a very female thing. The sexually "persmissive" society is by its nature a feminized society. It selects for some pretty secondary and terrible things in men. Men place too much store in their honor for that to ever happen, if only they realize and assert it.

February 07, 2012, 02:20:30 AM
Do we really want people who rape someone to marry their victims? That seems like some of the worst genes to be passing on.

I can understand if a woman cries wolf, but what if she is too ashamed to admit she has been raped (as many women would be)?

As an aside - I'm all about polygamy between two consenting parties. Men or women. Why keep concubines/whores around when a man could have a bunch of wives, or a woman a bunch of husbands (this one seems far less likely)? If they're healthy, wise people, I don't see much wrong there.

Also:
Double 7. SLAVES MUST DIE, NO SLAVES, NO PRISONERS, NO WEAKNESS. PICK YOUR OWN DAMN CROPS.

Damned straight. I'd say America as a nation fucked up bigtime when it started importing slave labor from Africa. Screwed both nations in the long run.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 08, 2012, 03:59:52 PM
We have no shortage of white people so stupid that picking crops is the best use for them...
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.