Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Brenoritvrezorkre

Dunkelheit

Brenoritvrezorkre
November 04, 2006, 12:17:15 AM
I downloaded Vasagračbe Éakr Vatrč Brenoritvrezorkre. It seems they have taken the underproduction common in black metal to an extreme. If you listen closely you can tell the actual music is quite good but the production can really ruin the experience. It's like they put a cheap computer mic in the middle of a room, turned their amps up and then played their songs, recording them with Windows' sound recorder.

I'd really love this band if they had half decent production, at least a 4-track tape recording would suffice.

What are your opinions?

Re: Brenoritvrezorkre
November 04, 2006, 02:17:10 PM
And worldwide, 400 people pay attention. The idea of black metal being some obscure clique that buys special CDs in gothic boutique stores is as repellent as Amazon.com unloading Cradle of Filth albums to legions of mallgoths.

Re: Brenoritvrezorkre
November 04, 2006, 02:53:00 PM
I think that's great, but...

Art should change the world. Most people don't understand spectral thinking, so they cannot see that it is not an absolute of either being black legions or being coldplay. Within an audience, art should change the world by changing the ideas with which we approach the world.

I don't see the point in mailing tapes to friends. If you don't want your music heard, play it alone, or gather those friends and play it to each other. But to be part of a genre is to try to influence that genre, and although it's a manlier job to try to influence the world, it's just as important now as any time to think critically about our direction as a species.

Kurt Vonnegut compares artists to canaries in a cold mine, meaning that when they stop singing the end is near. I prefer to think of artists as canaries who change their song to point out the obvious but subtle that most people will overlook.