Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Criticism of this Metal Site

Re: Criticism of this Metal Site
November 13, 2006, 11:36:01 AM
I think that it's an excellent site providing an intellectual angle on a wide range of interesting topics.

However, the constant trolling and non-sensical newbies do give me a headache.

November 13, 2006, 12:27:23 PM
I think that it's an excellent site providing an intellectual angle on a wide range of interesting topics.

However, the constant trolling and non-sensical newbies do give me a headache.

Yes, and I'm sure Burzum fanboys (including myself) probably get annoying after a while.

November 13, 2006, 05:05:56 PM
I don't think people are mean to us newbies so much as trying to test our knowledge of metal, and see whether we'll back down or not. The pissing contests though uneccesary, are sometimes slightly amusing when not directed at me. I like the range of music and ideas about music that are findable here. Nobody ever said metal had to be nice, but I think metal fans could be a little more respectful toward each other. Also, just 'cause some people have been listening to metal for 30 years does not make those people more metal than those of us who are only 20 years old. And either way, it's not a contest. I find friendly, open discussions much easier to participate in.

November 13, 2006, 05:16:03 PM
lets have democracy on a nihilist board. lol, let their be war/bickerments..... let those with crappy ideas be shown the true inherited meaning of whatever you are looking meaning for. What do you expect, research thoroughly before posting.

November 14, 2006, 04:20:07 PM
All of those are true, but this one is especially true.  If it the same guy on metal archives, he thinks Ride the Lightning, None So Vile, and Left Hand Path all suck but then thinks the Chasm is awesome.

Aye, what a total asshole. He even has the audacity to claim that the Earth orbits around the Sun as well!

November 18, 2006, 07:28:19 AM
Moderators who think they are funny perhaps.