Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

new Angel Witch coming

new Angel Witch coming
February 07, 2012, 03:19:36 PM
Angel Witch has a new album coming out soon.

Live performance of a song from it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpY6g8TnamI

I'm torn on this.  On one hand, a band that old getting back together can't possibly be good.  On the other hand, this song is much better than expected, and, at least on a first listen, the quality is comparable to the first full length...

Re: new Angel Witch coming
February 08, 2012, 07:53:51 AM
Hey, if it means that they'll do some bigger tours and maybe show up in my city, I'm down with this. Some re-issues of the mid '80s albums would be nice as well; they're a bit hard to find, and could use something along the lines of the luxurious double-digipack that their s/t got a few years back. I still spin that one fairly regularly. Truly one of the greats.

February 08, 2012, 08:02:34 AM
Sounds pretty good really! There is no way to overstate how much I love the first Angel Witch album, so if it is even close to that quality, I'd be pretty pleased!  And a huge YES to a tour of the US!!??

The link is cool in general - looked an excelellent show!

February 10, 2012, 01:46:11 PM
Promising song. Perhaps the best don't get swayed by the stupidity... or have a huge cache of songs they've been squirreling away for decades.

February 22, 2012, 03:51:00 AM
^ Fantastic! I am entirely excited about this release at this point!

February 22, 2012, 02:45:09 PM
Rumor has it that about half of the songs were written in the 1980s and 1990s but never used and some are newer but it's not clear how much newer. Still the quality is so good that it is a near instant purchase for me.

March 13, 2012, 04:49:07 PM
Sounded pretty good to me, and I wasn't going in with high hopes. Kind of a swift kick in the balls for anyone not wanting to pay out the ass for Rise Above releases though, everything they ship over is so unreasonably expensive.

March 14, 2012, 05:45:27 PM
wake me when it leaks nillas

celticcross

March 14, 2012, 08:37:57 PM
sounds fucking great, some normal singing while still being quality work.

if the rest of the album is going to be on par with that song it might be one of the best metal releases in the last few years

celticcross

March 31, 2012, 06:06:07 PM
just found this, will dl tomorrow to see if it's real

http://www.mediafire.com/?ez5nxkikdogdcmy

March 31, 2012, 06:33:50 PM
Pagan Altar were the first to disprove the notion that bands that old can't reform and still be awesome. They have a new one due out this year too.

This Angel Witch track is interesting enough to make me give the album a try. But I don't think I would like this very much if it wasn't Angel Witch.

March 31, 2012, 06:49:24 PM
@ ertre Don't - This download is indeed an album called As Above, So Below, but its a derivative 1991 post-thrash album from a band called Forced Entry. Although, if you're looking for proto-Meshuggah style bands, by all means....