Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bill Ward fired by Sharon Osbourne

Bill Ward fired by Sharon Osbourne
February 08, 2012, 12:43:59 AM
MetalTalk.net have just been informed by a reliable source that Sharon Osbourne has fired Bill Ward. If this turns out to be true, as fully expected, then it won't go down well with the Metal community.

http://metaltalk.net/news2012/2012585.php

Gossipy crap but still relevant to Black Sabbath fans.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Re: Bill Ward fired by Sharon Osbourne
February 08, 2012, 07:38:37 AM
Not that I held out a lot of hope for anything terribly brilliant from this project, but either way that decision instantly makes it 25% less interesting out of the gate!

February 10, 2012, 04:37:47 PM
I bet Billy wasn't surprised.  He came into popularity in the 70s, where the label was king and legal matters and executive orders ruled the day (if the band wanted to be rich anyway).  Even in the 80s when the labels became weaker due to the growing independent labels, bands from the 70s, like Tony Iommi would, still let the labels push them around because they still had that mentality. 

Anyway, I'll pick a side.  That woman has essentially ruined the career of all those men for the last 10 years artistically, but they have all become very wealthy because of it.  Bill has earned a large income from all the rereleases, box sets and comeback tours up til this point, and will continue to make a strong living on royalties, and this new album is going to be shit.  Maybe it's better he is not  a part of it, just as it is good that Bon Scott never has to have his name on all those deals with Wal-Mart that AC/DC makes nowadays, making him the only member who is NOT on a Highway to Hell.

February 10, 2012, 08:49:02 PM
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/bill-ward-sabbath-0210-2012/

the horrid shrew is denying she's fired Bill Ward

February 11, 2012, 05:49:58 PM
Yeah, having seen some of this...

And while I am a large fan of Bill Ward...

We don't know the facts here.

For a band to be in this kind of limbo for this long, there is probably some greater underlying confusion than Sharon=Bad/Bill=Good.

While Yoko Ono was clearly bad for John Lennon (fuck you, pig) he was also weak-willed and fell into her hands, and his bandmates did him nor the band any favors.

Life is not Christian Binary (good/evil).

Now you get to put that abstract notion into practice.

February 11, 2012, 11:49:09 PM
Yeah, having seen some of this...

And while I am a large fan of Bill Ward...

We don't know the facts here.

For a band to be in this kind of limbo for this long, there is probably some greater underlying confusion than Sharon=Bad/Bill=Good.

While Yoko Ono was clearly bad for John Lennon (fuck you, pig) he was also weak-willed and fell into her hands, and his bandmates did him nor the band any favors.

Life is not Christian Binary (good/evil).

Now you get to put that abstract notion into practice.

All true words (the part about Yoko and Lennon made me chuckle), but this Sharon Osbourne person still has absolutely no fucking place in metal. She's a freaking judge on some moronic reality "talent" show. Clearly she has no love of metal, despite (but maybe because of) the fact she is married to one of its biggest showmen. She may be a gifted musical manager, I do not know, but this lady has zero interest in whether Black Sabbath release a good album or not, as long as its profitable. I know she is not their manager, but since Ozzy's solo career was/is a pile of turd, I'm guessing she is just a gifted entertainment money-maker, and nothing more.

That being said, Black Sabbath should not have re-united. They have a great place in metal history, and may just besmirch it with this latest effort.
"What does not kill me makes me stronger"
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

February 12, 2012, 12:29:50 AM
Her father was the record media mogul. Ozzy made a few very good albums when he first set out on his own, but it did turn more toward sales, less music after he settled down with Sharon. Bark at the Moon probably straddles that era of transition, say 1984.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

February 12, 2012, 06:37:12 PM
Regardless of Sharon's part in this, that loathsome, obnoxious Jewess that she is, the fact remains, without Ward, it is just that much less appealing, no matter how I look at it. As DM/BM notes, this "project" has gotten no further than the idea stage for ages now...there must surely be more than a few reasons for that.

Sabbath had its day - they were brilliant and their legacy is undeniable. But like so, so many(that is to say basically everyone), their time passes, the creative spark fizzles out and they just become a nostalgia act more than anything. That's probably about where this project fits, regardless of Sharon teh shrew's meddling.

February 13, 2012, 04:43:25 PM
don't kid yourselves...

A Black Sabbath reunion in 2012 was wholly unappealing before this nonsense started.  We should all be grateful to Sharon Osbourne for reminding us how morbid anything featuring a 63-year old Ozzy Osbourne really is.