Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

George Washington Carver

George Washington Carver
February 07, 2012, 07:51:10 AM
He deserves points just for inventing peanut butter, but he was a pretty intelligent and respectable man otherwise.
I politely disagree and beg of you to peruse the following link, sir.

George Washington Carver
February 07, 2012, 03:44:51 PM
He deserves points just for inventing peanut butter, but he was a pretty intelligent and respectable man otherwise.
Fuck you, eat shit and die

Carver didn't seek patents for most of his products. It's thought that he was the first man to ever create peanut butter, but he cared not for profit nor fame - he took pleasure in helping society as a whole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_butter - "George Washington Carver is often credited with inventing peanut butter and is nearly synonymous with its history in the United States."

George Washington Carver
February 07, 2012, 05:10:54 PM

Carver didn't seek patents for most of his products. It's thought that he was the first man to ever create peanut butter, but he cared not for profit nor fame - he took pleasure in helping society as a whole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_butter - "George Washington Carver is often credited with inventing peanut butter and is nearly synonymous with its history in the United States."

In both cases, citing wikipedia probably isn't the best way to prove your argument.

George Washington Carver
February 07, 2012, 07:45:20 PM

Are we still in junior high school? Try this instead.

Peanuts, which are native to the New World tropics, were mashed into paste by Aztecs hundreds of years ago. Evidence of modern peanut butter comes from US patent #306727 issued to Marcellus Gilmore Edson of Montreal, Quebec in 1884, for a process of milling roasted peanuts between heated surfaces until the peanuts reached “a fluid or semi-fluid state.” As the product cooled, it set into what Edson described as “a consistency like that of butter, lard, or ointment.” In 1890, George A. Bayle Jr., owner of a food business in St. Louis, manufactured peanut butter and sold it out of barrels. J.H. Kellogg, of cereal fame, secured US patent #580787 in 1897 for his “Process of Preparing Nutmeal,” which produced a “pasty adhesive substance” that Kellogg called “nut-butter.”

http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/02/the-invention-of-peanut-butter/

GWC claimed to have invented it in 1903.

George Washington Carver
February 07, 2012, 09:39:34 PM

"is often credited with" doesn't mean dick, get back to me when you find anything that suggests he fucked with peanut butter in or before 1884. Besides, even if he did (he didn't) Aztecs were making that shit well before either of these dudes.

George Washington Carver seems like he was pretty bright dude, who did not invent peanut butter. Peanut butter sucks balls anyway.

George Washington Carver
February 08, 2012, 01:01:02 AM
Besides, even if he did (he didn't) Aztecs were making that shit well before either of these dudes.
Fair enough. I'm sure many other peoples were as well, with nuts local in their region.

Peanut butter sucks balls anyway.

Psh. Great source of protein (don't buy the shit with the partially hydrogenated oil in it, duh) - but more for me, then.

Re: George Washington Carver
February 08, 2012, 04:04:04 AM
I was going to take issue with the peanut butter bashing.  Anyone who works out and needs quick protein knows it's a worthy friend.

February 08, 2012, 12:13:52 PM
Great source of protein (don't buy the shit with the partially hydrogenated oil in it, duh) - but more for me, then.

I think the bulletin board deleted the part of your comment that mentioned how it is delicious with chocolate. I've taken the liberty of adding it back in.

February 08, 2012, 04:13:31 PM
I think the bulletin board deleted the part of your comment that mentioned how it is delicious with chocolate. I've taken the liberty of adding it back in.

I just ordered this the other day. It's a match as natural as man and woman, heh.

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread. Mr. Carver seemed a selfless man, who in a collectivist society would and should be revered as a person of great character and intellect. Instead, he is a minor footnote possibly brought up during black history month every year.